NEW BRZ STi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-17245-0-28998500-1320183649.jpg

Subaru Automobile has today announced that the BRZ Concept will make its world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto show (November 18-27, 2011).

The BRZ Concept is a pre-cursor to the eagerly awaited Subaru BRZ which makes it full production debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in December.

Built around Subaru’s core technologies, the BRZ will use a new 2.0 litre Subaru Boxer engine developed specifically for the model and with the latest direct injection technology to improve combustion and efficiency.

The Subaru engineered chassis is built with front engine and rear wheel drive configuration, allowing the engine to sit low and rearward to ensure lowest possible centre of gravity and to maximise the BRZ’s handling prowess.

The new compact coupe has been developed as part of an on-going joint project with Toyota Motor Corporation. All cars will be built at Subaru’s Gunma plant in Japan when production starts in spring 2012.

Think I just wet myself! blushing.gif

My perfect 3 car garage at the moment would consist of My scoob, A Diesel Forester NavPlus (slowly working on it. maybe by 2025 :( ) and one of those! :wub:

Recently saw release photos of Toyota's FT-86 and it's looks great! So glad they haven't changed too much here!

Edited by ScoUK

It has no scoop because it doesn't need one.. and it's not a scoob.. :whistle: No point adding somethign which is just goign to act like an airbrake! It's lighter than an impreza, and only 2wd So doesn't need the turbo. standard 2.0l is more than enough to do the job!

Although I wouldn't be against an AWD version with turbo and 300+bhp to balance it out the power/weight ratio.. :driving:

The present Impreza should take after this

:iagree: Subaru lost the plot when they made the hatch.. I dont mean that an a stab at hatch owners, but a stab at Subaru. They went to the USA for a designer to make a famiuly freidnly design and it totally ballsed up the Impreza name! So much so that the 2011+ saloon STi is no longer called an impreza.. They should have caled the hatch somethign other than an impreza.. And dont get me started on the Subaru XV! COmpletely pointless vehicle if you ask me... Where they have stuck to their guns is with the Legacy, great looking car! the FT-86 and the BRZ is looking like a great collaboration between Toyota and Subaru! Hope it works out!

P.s. Subaru's latest pics from LA SHow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/subaruuk/

Edited by ScoUK
  • 2 weeks later...