NEW BRZ STi

i really like it and would love to own one but dont have the money and already have 2 projects and a daily driver so wife wouldnt let me anyway. Still tempted to find a subaru dealer and take one for a test drive when they become available.

Edited by MattC
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

............keep it rear wheel drive make it 330bhp and it will be a scooby drift king ....apparently subaru are specifically designing it to make it the most tunable subaru yet!!!!! and if its rear wheel drive it might make it to the british touring car racing :icon_salut: .... nice to see they know their niche market well!!!!....bring on the beast >>>>when r they gonna remake the p1 !!!!

:English-flag:

...apparently subaru are specifically designing it to make it the most tunable subaru yet!!!!! and if its rear wheel drive it might make it to the british touring car racing :icon_salut:

Most peeps have "Heard" rumours of SUBARU going back to rallying but I don't reckon so ;) much more likely to go BTTC route ;) IMHO

Tony

Hi guys

If I'm not saying anything that you don't know already I'll appologise now just had a look at the greddy website and I believe their going to put out a turbo version which should help boost it from 197bhp to 300+ bhp but the sti version is supposed to be at around 330bhp it would look a hell of a lot better in my humble opinion in a toned down GT300 guys and if EVO is to be believed better on something a little wider than 215/40/17 and a bit bigger than an mx5 but I suppose in between that and the GTR because I would have thought that was its main competion but then again I think we're into the economic side of the motoring bubble with this kiddy now

Looks like Lucho and cosworth are in calaboration on a BRZ project to supercharge the BRZ.

And would represent good value per £per BHP compars to the Luke's of a impreza or a GTR

TONY

Edited by T5NYW

Looks like Lucho and cosworth are in calaboration on a BRZ project to supercharge the BRZ.

And would represent good value per £per BHP compars to the Luke's of a impreza or a GTR

TONY

I heard a charger option might be on the way, I thought cosworth were working on a turbo setup though?

News release just out....

SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING AND SPEC FOR BRZ SPORTS CAR

■Prices ranging from £24,995 to £27,995

■Choice of two specification levels: SE and SE Lux

■Six-speed manual transmission or six-speed auto with paddle shift

■Torque-sensing limited slip differential

■Comprehensive Subaru ETCo aftercare with every new car

Subaru UK has today announced highly competitive prices and a choice of two model variants for its new BRZ sports car, ahead of its arrival in UK showrooms in the summer.

The BRZ has already been acclaimed for delivering a thoroughbred driving experience, thanks to its light weight, low centre of gravity, superb rear-wheel-drive chassis balance, and high-revving 2.0 litre Boxer engine. With on-the-road prices confirmed at just £24,995 to £27,995, it will also offer great value for money.

Giving customers a good choice in interior equipment and trim levels, the Subaru BRZ will be offered from launch in two model variants: 2.0i SE, and 2.0i SE Lux with a choice of a six-speed manual or, for £1,500 more, a six-speed automatic with paddle shift operation. A more basic S model is anticipated for launch in 2013.

Both the SE and SE Lux will come equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels, a sophisticated torque-sensing limited slip differential and fully automatic air conditioning with dual-zone controls.

The SE and SE Lux also feature electrically-folding door mirrors with heaters; keyless Smart Entry with push-button engine start; leather-trimmed steering wheel, parking brake and gearshift lever; and a high-quality six-speaker audio system with CD, radio and iPod connectivity. In addition to all these features, the SE Lux also has heated leather seats.

There are just two optional extras: Pioneer satellite navigation (£1,000) and special paint finishes (£500).

Six bodywork colours will be available: Satin White Pearl, Sterling Silver Metallic, Dark Grey Metallic, Crystal Black Silica, San Remo Red, and WR Blue Mica.

To further enhance the ownership experience, all Subaru BRZ buyers will be entitled to Subaru’s unique Everything Taken Care of (ETCo) aftercare package, the most comprehensive in the UK.

At no additional cost, Subaru ETCo covers minor dent and scratch repairs, alloy wheel repairs, monthly wash, annual valet, lost keys replacement, service collection and delivery, annual wheel alignment check, first MOT cover, and winter wheel and tyre storage, as well as providing an accident management service and a contribution to insurance cover excess. Subaru ETCo is offered in addition to Subaru’s three-year / 60,000-mile manufacturer warranty.

Marketing Director of Subaru UK, Kenyon Neads, commented: “There is huge interest in the Subaru BRZ, heightened by very positive press reviews of the car so far. Early demand is strong so we fully expect that some early customers will have to wait some months for delivery, especially during 2012, but we have no doubt they will agree it will be worth the wait.”

For more information about the BRZ or the rest of the Subaru model range, visit www.subaru.co.uk/brz.

Subaru BRZ range:

Model Price OTR (£) CO2 g/km

2.0i SE manual 24,995 181

2.0i SE automatic 26,495 164

2.0i SE Lux manual 26,495 181

2.0i SE Lux automatic 27,995 164

Subaru BRZ specification in detail:

Standard features for SE and SE Lux models:

17-inch alloy wheels

16-inch front brake discs

Torque-sensing limited slip differential

Cruise control

Paddle shift-operation for automatic transmission

Fully-automatic dual-zone air-conditioning

Six-speaker audio system with iPod connectivity

Front fog lamps

Electrically folding and coloured door mirror with heater

Smart Entry and pushbutton engine start

Leather-wrapped steering wheel, parking brake lever, gear shift lever

Unique to SE Lux model:

Leather seats, with heating

• 4 weeks later...

............keep it rear wheel drive make it 330bhp and it will be a scooby drift king .... it might make it to the british touring car racing :icon_salut: .......bring on the beast >>>>when r they gonna remake the p1 !!!!

:English-flag:

I was under whelmed but it std performance in a jap video. They did comparison with MX5 and F86. After three laps The BRZ won and F86 was second. Third by a small margin was the old MX5.

Having driven a couple of MX5 around the Ring ;) would I spend £28k on BRZ or £5k on MX5. No brainier

• 1 month later...

kind of sums up my thinking there Tony - a lot of money for not a lot of bang, and when you consider a 997 C2S on an '05 can be yours for less lol!

did you give it a beasting up goodwood or limited to 3,000 rpm ;)

Tony

Hod on a minute... is that SLIDING CALIPERS I see behind them wheels?

No 4WD... no scoop... no turbo... AND NOW NO DECENT BRAKES!!!! :redcard:

how can this be the replacement impreza??????/ :brickwall: :brickwall:

als o im with you al, think they lost the plot and im not a great fan of the hatch either, sorry hatch owners, just not a great fan of the shape.i know this wont go down well but reminds me of a seat ibieza (?) :getmecoat::Wales-flag: