Help Wanted for a young disabled Scooby Nut

Hi Rob

Sounds good, is there a layby anywhere along there, I am not that familiar with that part of the A40?

Anyone else want to join us along our route?

At the big roundabout in Burford if you turn left onto the Lechlade Rd there is a huge layby there.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rob

Sounds good, is there a layby anywhere along there, I am not that familiar with that part of the A40?

As bailey said above, theres one if you go left at that roundabout, il wait in there ok?

Rob

Hi Rob

As bailey said above, theres one if you go left at that roundabout, il wait in there ok?

Rob

Lol, had forgotten I had already added you! Sorted now :)

Can't wait now, papping myself about pulling it all together but I've no doubt it's going to be an incredible day for Jake! :D Whatever the weather, the sun's going to be shining on us on Sunday chaps (and chapesses! ;) )

Welcome to SIDC by the way Ryan! ;)

Cheers Stu,

Got to head back to see Keith this week so will ask if he can donate something, i forgot last time i was there.

My mates shop makes canvas prints, if there is a picture that someone can find that would make a nice gift for Jake he said he would make one up for him.

Going to be a great day come rain or shine for sure.

Why not get a group picture on the day and get that printed and sent on after as a permanent reminder

Now that is a great idea, if its possible then we should do it. My mates said he will only charge the cost of materials so should cost no more than a couple of quid which i will cover.

Well the hotel that has offered to put on a buffet for us have also offered us parking for a photo. Let's hope their car park's big enough eh! :D

So who is any good at directing cars into an organized fashion?

This going to be another role for you Stu?

Well thank fook you spotted that one then! Doh!!! :getmecoat:

Thanks, will get that amended - damn Google Maps (Surprised the local police didn't mention that when I submitted it for approval though)

That cornish police for ya lol unless they going to close the road for you, dont know if this wiil help but the one way system here is wierd from st georges road area the one way traffic travells towards the griffin but then the road opposite the traffic travels the opposite way to the end of town heading out to sainsburys and the headland road area,as far as i can see the rest of the route is two way traffic hope this helps and does not confuse you even more, other possibility is to do it the opposite way round maybe? :icon_hang:

Edited by H 5CBY

That cornish police for ya lol unless they going to close the road for you, dont know if this wiil help but the one way system here is wierd from st goerges road area the one way traffic travells towards the griffin but then the road opposite the traffic travels the opposite way to the end of town heading out to sainsburys and the headland road area,as far as i can see the rest of the route is two way traffic hope this helps and does not confuse you even more, other possibility is to do it the opposite way round maybe? :icon_hang:

I'm thinking doing it the other way around it the only option for maximum impact ;)

Speedhumps are unavoidable though I'm afraid, they live just up from the school.

We need someone with local knowledge to lead the convoy around Newquay - you up for it?

I'm thinking doing it the other way around it the only option for maximum impact ;)

Speedhumps are unavoidable though I'm afraid, they live just up from the school.

We need someone with local knowledge to lead the convoy around Newquay - you up for it?

Yeah no problem wil need to know exactly where you want to hit, basicly the route youve got you cant do as the one way splits into two sections, by the central bar you either have to go left into a one way toward bottom of town or right into main town there is no two way traffic whatsoever thru town and there is some automatic ballards thru part of the town you will need to check if they are automatic and recognise there is a car waiting and if they will stay down or if each car has to stop and wait the last ting you want is for one to pop up whilst you are over it. maybe i should nip into the police station Newquay with the map to sort it ??

can do that route in two sections it would prob add 5 or 10 min on to route time but could work just means one short road we would go down twice but could do the full route you have on the map

Sounds good to me! :D

Thanks for looking into it for us.

Hello All,

Spotted this over on Scoobynet, and thought 'what a worthwhile way to spend my Sunday' and I've kept meaning to dip a toe in over here.

So please could someone PM or Whatever the details? I'm form Plymouth so either Bodmin or Okehampton Would be best to join (unless there's a convoy from Plymouth/S Devon?).

Cheers

01. stum450n

02. jwrxtonkins

03. specT

04. gillette2 (?)

05. Broxi

06. torpedomad1

07. robh216

08. mattlong

09. warrior08

10. 98 meds wrx

11. Felix79

12. beefoss

13. danny85turbo

14. Ryan84

15. Bailey73

16. M700TEC

17. Scoobybill

18. H 5CBY

19. Bakerzone

20. Dibble

21. H 5CBY (Scooby 2 hubbys)

22. GilesDWRC

Hello All,

Spotted this over on Scoobynet, and thought 'what a worthwhile way to spend my Sunday' and I've kept meaning to dip a toe in over here.

So please could someone PM or Whatever the details? I'm form Plymouth so either Bodmin or Okehampton Would be best to join (unless there's a convoy from Plymouth/S Devon?).

Cheers

01. stum450n

02. jwrxtonkins

03. specT

04. gillette2 (?)

05. Broxi

06. torpedomad1

07. robh216

08. mattlong

09. warrior08

10. 98 meds wrx

11. Felix79

12. beefoss

13. danny85turbo

14. Ryan84

15. Bailey73

16. M700TEC

17. Scoobybill

18. H 5CBY

19. Bakerzone

20. Dibble

21. H 5CBY (Scooby 2 hubbys)

22. GilesDWRC

Welcome aboard! :D

All the convoy/meet details are on page 3 of the is thread...

See you on Sunday! :)

RobDay who makes the Forum stickers over on Scoobynet has offered the following

"PM me the young lads address details, I'll make up some smaller versions of the Subaru Graphics for his bedroom"

Scoobynet merchandise contacts:

Link to Scoobynet merchandise

Link to Scoobynet Sticker Thread

To send PM <click me>

Tel/Text: 0752 20 20 500

Email & Paypal: scoobynet@gmx.com

Thanks for looking

Rob "

I've Posted that you'll give him a mail/PM over there?