Help Wanted for a young disabled Scooby Nut

hi guys will be a great day out for the lad .count me in .got some total impreza mags for him .see you at bodmin service area .Ian

01. stum450n

02. jwrxtonkins

03. specT

04. gillette2 (?)

05. Broxi

06. torpedomad1

07. robh216

08. mattlong

09. warrior08 (?)

10. 98 meds wrx

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys and Girls

This is an brilliant idea and so thoughtfull of so many people. It really is nice to see people come together like this for a young boy who by the sound of it has had a very hard start to his life.

I wont be able to make this as it would be a approx 500 mile round trip for me but i would be more that willing to donate to a plaque of some sort to present to him (with the SIDC logo on of course).

Hope you all have a fantastic day and im sure when you see his little face light up it will make it all worth while.

Best of luck guys

Guys and Girls

This is an brilliant idea and so thoughtfull of so many people. It really is nice to see people come together like this for a young boy who by the sound of it has had a very hard start to his life.

I wont be able to make this as it would be a approx 500 mile round trip for me but i would be more that willing to donate to a plaque of some sort to present to him (with the SIDC logo on of course).

Hope you all have a fantastic day and im sure when you see his little face light up it will make it all worth while.

Best of luck guys

That would be very kind, thank you! I'll PM you my address to send to so we can take it down with the other donations.

Thanks again! :D

What with travelling a fair distance just to get to Exeter services, I think I'm going to treat myself to a night at the local travel lodge for the saturday night. Cant wait for it though! Just shows how compassionate people can be. Just hoping now that if I clean the car saturday morning it might still look something like for the big event. :driving:

What with travelling a fair distance just to get to Exeter services, I think I'm going to treat myself to a night at the local travel lodge for the saturday night. Cant wait for it though! Just shows how compassionate people can be. Just hoping now that if I clean the car saturday morning it might still look something like for the big event. :driving:

I'll be staying not far from Exeter if you fancy meeting up for a pint the night before?

Now let me think about that - staying in Exeter..... NO CHANCE!!! rough as around there... if you were staying in Plymouth I might have thought about it.... although it could have been worse, you could be staying in Taunton :icon_butt:

Near Exeter Matthew, NEAR Exeter. :rolleyes: Uffculmn daaaarling. Dearest mama's country retreat is free for the weekend :icon_salut: Tallyho!

Now let me think about that - staying in Exeter..... NO CHANCE!!! rough as around there... if you were staying in Plymouth I might have thought about it.... although it could have been worse, you could be staying in Taunton :icon_butt:

Woah Woah Woah Matty, my ears are bleeding :redcard: haha

Mind you anywhere near a certain supermarket and I'll have to agree!

Great idea though Folks. I will see if I can make it, sounds like a worthwhile trip.

01. stum450n

02. jwrxtonkins

03. specT

04. gillette2 (?)

05. Broxi

06. torpedomad1

07. robh216

08. mattlong

09. warrior08 (?)

10. 98 meds wrx

11. Felix79

12. beefoss

I'm comming from Oxford , is there anyone else comming from Oxford , so we can make a small convoy and meet up with the main one?

01. stum450n

02. jwrxtonkins

03. specT

04. gillette2 (?)

05. Broxi

06. torpedomad1

07. robh216

08. mattlong

09. warrior08 (?)

10. 98 meds wrx

11. Felix79

12. beefoss

I'm comming from Oxford , is there anyone else comming from Oxford , so we can make a small convoy and meet up with the main one?

Im in carterton mate, where do you want to meet before we set off??

Rob

Hi Everyone, This is a fantastic read and Stu, you deserve a medal for your organisational skills.

The day looks to be promising a terrific time for all especially young Jake of course.

Thank you all so much for all you are doing.

Gerry

Hi Everyone, This is a fantastic read and Stu, you deserve a medal for your organisational skills.

The day looks to be promising a terrific time for all especially young Jake of course.

Thank you all so much for all you are doing.

Gerry

Wouldn't be happening without you mate! You've started something VERY special! :icon_salut:

The police have approved the planned route and have been very, very helpful. Let's make sure we show them the same courtesy eh! :icon_salut:

The Devon & Cornwall police are always very helpfull to us Scooby owners.

When SWS done the North Devon Charity run, 50+ cars throught N.Devon collecting for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, they approved everything.

Turned up at our original meetin point said hello, asked us to drive carefully and told us they would not be harrasing us, as we have a good reputation. :D

2 years running all went well.

May have to try and sort another one.

Derek

I've just had an email from Diana, Jake's mum, who's told me that the local hotel where she and other family members work are going to be putting on a buffet for those joining the convoy - in her words, it's "our way of saying a big thankyou to everyone for making Jake so happy"

The family have also contacted local TV, radio and newspapers to drum up support.

I'm genuinely blown away by the response to this so far - you should all be VERY proud! :D