Help Wanted for a young disabled Scooby Nut

Well done to all members of the SIDC. It looked like everyone had such a fantastic day, I'm quite jealous that I couldn't make it but I hope there'll be more opportunities to do a 'good deed' sometime.

Does this prove to the minority of British public that Subaru drivers are not 'chavs' or 'boy racers' but are heart warming, selfless and genuine car enthusiasts willing to brighten up people's lives. :thumbup:

Well done again SIDC

Keith

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm blown away by the enthusiasm for last Sundays Impreza Invasion for young Jake - even over in the states we've inspired Scooby owners to start something similar! There's threads on NASIOC, RS25, even Subaru USA gave it a mention!

God I'm proud to be a Scooby owner right now! :D

I'm blown away by the enthusiasm for last Sundays Impreza Invasion for young Jake - even over in the states we've inspired Scooby owners to start something similar! There's threads on NASIOC, RS25, even Subaru USA gave it a mention!

God I'm proud to be a Scooby owner right now! :D

Jane mentioned that Jake's parents were so taken by what a great bunch you all were, that they're thinking of getting their own Scooby. It was all a bit OTT when a windscreen sticker may have been enough :)

Blimey - it seemed such a small thing for me to do, but what a response from everyone. I have done this kind of thing before and even do it with a motorbike club as well but we have never had this kind of response before.

Lets do it again sometime :occasion14:

Hi guys, just signed up to say a huge well done and thank you! I live a few houses up from Jake and may have been almost excited as he was :) The sound when everyone was giving it beans was great; a symphony of boxers!

Coincidentally, I got some grit in my eyes (yes, both of them) and a lump in my throat when I saw Jake's face light up as he came to the front door!

Top work fellas. Restored my faith in humanity.

Great to see all the supportive comments on this thread, also good to see that it's been mentioned on forums in the states aswell, the Subaru community really is a great one. Im pretty proud to be a scooby owner right now.

cant remember your name sorry but the bloke with the red subaru sport? you mentioned something about a drift day you were organising do you have any info on it? cheers steve (p1)

Hia mate if i look like a bloke there is somethin wrong lol, think you were chattin to my huby. mine is a red turbo and the white sport with the cusco kit is my hubbys, yeah the drift details are Newquay Burnout 2011 and the drifting and open car show is 29th Aug Bank hol mon some details are on www.japanesecarshow.co.uk.but waiting for the guy who builds the site to update date etc JDM garage have posted our flyer its at http://www.jdmgarageuk.com/blog/newquay-burnout/ :rolleyes:

Edited by H 5CBY

Hia mate if i look like a bloke there is somethin wrong lol, think you were chattin to my huby. mine is a red turbo and the white sport with the cusco kit is my hubbys, yeah the drift details are Newquay Burnout 2011 and the drifting and open car show is 29th Aug Bank hol mon some details are on www.japanesecarshow.co.uk.but waiting for the guy who builds the site to update date etc JDM garage have posted our flyer its at http://www.jdmgarageuk.com/blog/newquay-burnout/ :rolleyes:

lol sorry im sure he said it was his for using for work or something ill check out the link thanks again

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was involved in this. I'm an old member of SIDC from when I had a scoob (about 4 years ago) so was delighted to hear (when Jakes mum knocked on my door) that there was a scooby meet on my street!

I almost didn't make it outside as the wife and I were expecting our second any day, and that morning she was inside the house going through the early stages of labour! I got asked a few times (being a local i guess) if I wanted to ride around town to show the way - it was a good job I didn't as we were in the hospital that evening and he was born in the early hours on monday.

Jakes face was priceless, and you defiantly all made his day (as well as mine and my son!)

I've got a load of photos of the day, pick of the bunch below.

If anyone one wants high res versions, please let me know.

I've got a few vids also so will post them when off the camera and uploaded.

jakes_impreza_invasion%5Bsml%5D.jpg

(Some of the images are cropped with my auto collage thing but are full in the real image)

All the best, and thanks for making Jakes day amazing!

Dan

• 1 month later...

Hi Stu,

Jane was in Cornwall again last week and popped round yesterday with a couple of local papers that the family had saved for her and another couple for me. She says they're still talking about Jake's Subaru Day :) I also have the 30 pix that Jane took, saved on my computer.

If you'd like them, PM an address and I'll send the relevant pages and stick the pix onto a memory card.

Cheers

Gerry