It's Snowing

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night was crazy. Left work in Greenock at 3.30pm and was pushing 6pm by the time I got home to Dunlop, a journey which normally takes 45 mins. I don't normally commute in the Subaru but had luckily taken it as the roads in Ayrshire were already really bad from Monday's snow. I would never have made some of the hills on the Ayrshire back roads otherwise. The awd really comes into its own when you live out in the sticks.

The gritting was non-existent and not a snowplough in sight. But then, who needs snowploughs though when you can just use the front of the car!

post-11442-1261570833.jpg

lol at James, glad that you were in the scoob.

roads are sheet ice around my way and I'm not intending on going out at all over the next couple of days.

I've cancelled all my planned visits to friends and am in festive lockdown mode,

we've even managed to get our stocks of food, booze, computer games and books :D

Ah your so far behind the times old yin or maybe its memory loss, lol I don`t have a gay ass BMW

i sold it but i fuvkd it up and bout a fwd focus st DOH why o why do i not just do what you do and buy scoobs

anyway number five is only a year away at most sooner if i can get away with it without the misses killing me.

Ah your so far behind the times old yin or maybe its memory loss, lol I don`t have a gay ass BMW

i sold it but i fuvkd it up and bout a fwd focus st DOH why o why do i not just do what you do and buy scoobs

anyway number five is only a year away at most sooner if i can get away with it without the misses killing me.

OK a :gay: Ford then :P

Didnt know you had changed bud :D

Want me to come up and give you a lift to work :o in the 4wd :wub: and old Jaguar :P

Edited by Gus the Bus

Well I took the train from Uddingston to Edinburgh today (via Bellshill) and when I got to West Calder at about half 7 it was snowing really heavily again. Between Shotts and Kirknewton there's well over 6 inches in places I'd have thought.

I'm stunned by the covering that there is in the city centre in Edinburgh too. The high street is like a skating rink. They've dug out bits of the pavement but even then it's pretty slippy underfoot.

Still, I've been enjoying the car park at the station more than I probably should :D

Well I took the train from Uddingston to Edinburgh today (via Bellshill) and when I got to West Calder at about half 7 it was snowing really heavily again. Between Shotts and Kirknewton there's well over 6 inches in places I'd have thought.

I'm stunned by the covering that there is in the city centre in Edinburgh too. The high street is like a skating rink. They've dug out bits of the pavement but even then it's pretty slippy underfoot.

Still, I've been enjoying the car park at the station more than I probably should :gay:

I can see my car from my office window with no other cars in sight. I keep itching to go out for a play but then think again. Might not look to good coming from a Scottish Government building :D

Can anyone post up a picture of a gritter as i can't remember what one looks like :D

Thought I'd help you out there Derek.

Here's one, this was around 10am - maybe a tea break?

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Here's another - maybe a toilet stop

Picture007-3.jpg

Another inappropriate way to fill a roadside salt box

Picture009-3.jpg

Picture010-4.jpg

When this newbee gritter boy got back to the depot his boss was shocked at just how far he'd went to get his load off!

Picture005-2.jpg

If your going to have an off, they don't get much bigger than this (in a gritter anyway)

Picture004-3.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

Picture011-3.jpg

"Just follow the white line Jimmy said!"

Picture002-4.jpg

And finally, the one that was going to do your street Del Boy

Picture008-3.jpg

Sorry about poor quality, only had these in real actual printed photys! Had to take them with camera to get on PC.

Just gritted my estate from my front door right out to the street, 2 transit full loads of salt & job done, looks like i wont be needing that gritter now SLC.......thanks though

I cleared two strips from my driveway to the top of the road this morning. It took me 1 and a half hours and not one cnut came out to help. But when I triumphantly drove me Skoda to the top of the hill the low life, spineless, sneaky b@st@rds weren't long in slinking out to work. They forget that Santa is watching!

If you're off to Feb Del, you may find the @rse of your Transit is also 'off' - hope you cleaned it out! :gay:

Went down to Dumfries yesterday. Came home to find about 3 or 4 inches of untouched snow on my drive.

It's great having a lowered car and the front splitter acts as a snow plough!!! :gay:

Spent an hour or so clearing the drive and road outside. Never see a gritter round here!!!

Oh....this was after driving up from Dumfries and realising I'd left my house keys down there!!!! :D:wub:

LMAO Barry that is just the berries m8 lol had a good laugh ha ha ha, thanks m8 :D

I had the transit ply lined before i bought it, i then put down a 1/8 thick rubber base myself not to mention the grit 'bucket' i made for inside the back doors of the transit & yes very well washed out m8

Still lol @ the gritters :gay:

*edit* I must admit the people on this side of the estate were/and are fantastic, i got stuck the other night trying to get half way up the road into my driveway. They all popped on their jackets, grabbed a shove & dug me out and then pushed me 40 yards up the hill. Even this morning people were still getting stuck in helping out. I hope your neighbours end up like the above gritter photos.

There are a amazing amount of selfish arrogant ignorant drivers that are only interested in 'them' when the chips [ no pun] are down, stupid thoughtless mindless cnuthole the lot of them, my wee rant over :wub:

Edited by StrikE

Followed the Daddy McGowan wagon through a cloud of diesel smoke on Monday from your yard down to the 74, think it was a D Reg behomoth of a thing smoking like a beagle in a lab

Was it on its way to the jack-knifed lorry on the M8, think it was Monday?

Spotted Strike circumnavigating the town centre today, if only i knew the back of his van was a mobile grit lorry i would have mugged him for some, every council grit bin was empty. I ended up buying a bag of cat litter a was really surprised how well it done the trick.

Merc Sprinter + Snow + incline greater than 1 degree = going nowhere fast

Followed the Daddy McGowan wagon through a cloud of diesel smoke on Monday from your yard down to the 74, think it was a D Reg behomoth of a thing smoking like a beagle in a lab

That engine was brand new from Scania 3 years ago, smoked like that from then and never did anything about it. You should try working next to it, acid would do less harm to your eyes!!

Was it on its way to the jack-knifed lorry on the M8, think it was Monday?

It was on it's way to one of many many many many many gritters this week!

Spotted Strike circumnavigating the town centre today, if only i knew the back of his van was a mobile grit lorry i would have mugged him for some, every council grit bin was empty. I ended up buying a bag of cat litter a was really surprised how well it done the trick.

Cat litter has been about for years Grant, it's better than letting your cat sh!t all over your house! Oh, I see, you meant as grit . . . :D

Merc Sprinter + Snow + incline greater than 1 degree = going nowhere fast

Only thing worse is a BMW!

I can see my car from my office window with no other cars in sight. I keep itching to go out for a play but then think again. Might not look to good coming from a Scottish Government building :rolleyes:

Which one? Saughton? VQ?

I had 6 months at Saughton for my sins a few years ago.