It's Snowing

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

snowing like **** down my way this morning had to scrape the windows after i brushed the snow off them.

made for quite an unpleasant journey to work this morning being 1st out on the road. then got to howood and it looked as if someone flicked a switch and the roads were clear. bizzar

It took me 2 hrs from Glasgow west end to Giffnock - my daughter took three hours from the city centre. She said "What is it - a bit of snow and people forget to drive?" And the thing is, I have no idea why it should jam up. On the main routes the grip was fine (and this in my 1.9D front wheel drive weedvan), visibility was ok - so what was the problem?

Answers please on a postcard...

OK maybe a bit more snow than i was hoping for :wub: left kirkmuirhill at 4:30 & didnt get back to Lanark until after 8 pm..... should be 15-20 mins max

The road between Law village & Carluke tonight was a pure outright disgrace, it took nearly 2 hours just to travel from the old Law hospital and up to the BP station in Carluke WTF are the council all about?

Can anyone post up a picture of a gritter as i can't remember what one looks like :gay:

Anyway I am now finished work after 3 months and going at it 7 days a week so it can snow till Feb for all i care :P

Phone has been retired to the kitchen drawer :D

Roads on bute are now completely covered with snow as the gritter with the plow has decided to slide off the road into the ditch!! Makes the driving so much more fun now!! Just back in from an hour and half a tank of fuel "playing" in the snow. So much fun, only thing is now i need to get the ferry off the island tomorrow to get Super unleaded :D. Worth it all the same

Problem was, amongst others, the M77 at the Mearns. Traffic getting stuck caused the jam back onto the M8 and it took me 2 1/2 hours to get from Coatbridge to Paisley. Peeing into a bottle in the outside lane of the M8 at Stepps Rd is up there with doing it on the Kingston Bridge in the old Red WRX

Had a 15 min play over at Hillington in Imy's RA and the DCCD was a joy to use on the slippy stuff

Problem was, amongst others, the M77 at the Mearns. Traffic getting stuck caused the jam back onto the M8 and it took me 2 1/2 hours to get from Coatbridge to Paisley. Peeing into a bottle in the outside lane of the M8 at Stepps Rd is up there with doing it on the Kingston Bridge in the old Red WRX

Had a 15 min play over at Hillington in Imy's RA and the DCCD was a joy to use on the slippy stuff

Haha! You werent driving a VW by any chance as my wee bro commented on someone peeing in the fast lane :D

traffic was a flooking joke tonight, no gritters in sight

a737 was a standstill due to the main hill in beith not gritted and no one could get over it causing 15 miles of tailbacks

went the back roads, doing fine u ntil the person infront of the queue stopped on a hill and caused a huge tailback

fooking no happy at this tonight

what the hell do we pay council tax for................ ? :D

traffic was a flooking joke tonight, no gritters in sight

a737 was a standstill due to the main hill in beith not gritted and no one could get over it causing 15 miles of tailbacks

went the back roads, doing fine u ntil the person infront of the queue stopped on a hill and caused a huge tailback

fooking no happy at this tonight

what the hell do we pay council tax for................ ? :D

3hrs 45mins to get home from perth

f**k the snow,keep it for the weekends :gay:

We got snowed in at our house, just as we left to head to dunoon for christmas :gay: Live near the naval bases down by helensburgh and even their M.O.D roads are bad. Stay on a huge, bendy hill, considering the scoob is off the road and I'm driving a LWB (empty and VERY light) transit, I didn't fancy my chances and stayed in beside the coal fire!! Think a few christmas deliveries to me have also been missed so people will be getting presents after christmas :wub: had great fun hitting the dog with snowballs though :P Hell, even my mum was out playing with her collie; used the dog's football as a base to roll the head for her snowman and the dog went up the hill, only to come charging back down and right into the 'masterpiece'. Guess she wanted her ball back :o Snow is great, when you don't need to be anywhere, that is :D