Thanks to the white Saxo Driver

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Well its been a while since ive been on the site, apart from posting a cheeky for sale ad!

Thought I would update you all on the situation and what finally came of this lad and moi...Well September last year is the best place to start.

Driving home from work at 3.30am on a Wednesday morning, through the city centre I was followed by a traffic car. Didnt surprise me as I was driving my runaround which was a bright yellow Megane Coupe with massive black wheels, exhaust etc and am fairly used to the police harrassing me and my yellow devil. They pulled me over and did the usual checks, have to admit te guys were really decent and we had a bit of banter about the car. As I sat in the back they did the usual checks and made a joke about checking out that I wasnt wanted for beating any students up (I was and still am a part time Steward for a nightclub). To my horror as I dazed out the window, the officer in the passenger seat jumped out, swung my door open and HANDCUFFED me! "Since youve been a decent lad I'll only handcuff your hands to the front". As he handcuffed me I asked "WHY THE HELL AM I BEING HANDCUFFED AT ALL??".

Approaching Stewart Street station the officers explained that I had a warrant out on me for leaving the scene of an accident, and will be taken to court in the morning for it!! What a joke considering I was TAKEN from the scene in a goddamn AMBULANCE!! Next morning, surely enough a reliance van the size of the dialy coach to Edinburgh tokk me, alone, to Paisley Sheriff Court was I spent from 6.30am through to 3.30pm in a cell with the scurv and scum of the earth awaiting to findout what exactly was going on! Cut a long story short, apparently the fiscal are useless at paperwork and ARRESTED THE WRONG PERSON!! Difficult job that one eh...

Soooooooooooo, finally a courtdate is set and on the 22nd of December Im in court facing charges of dangerous driving. The scum who hit me was named and shamed as George Robertson of Johnstone if anyone knows where he lives!?!ahem cough?!?! He pleaded not guilty and of course a trial date was set for January 24th, and on that date various witnesses and officers gave there version of events and evidence to which concluded that I was doing 70ish miles an hour in a 60, the crash wasnt my fault and couldnt have been avoided and that our friend George was worthy enough for a 2 year ban ending in an extended resit and a £1200 fine. I however was slapped with a 2 month ban as excessive speed was applied due to the uncertainty of exact speed. No points and no fine. I am pursuing a private case to recover losses and damages down to the refusal on my part to claim my insurance as he didnt have any. Apparently he has a job, so its only fair that he reimburses me for the complete and utter humiliation that not only he, but Glasgows "finest" and the Fiscal have put me through in the last 8 months.

Id have taken 2 years without driving, to stop the pain in my knees I wake with every morning and the constant flashes I get of my crash everytime I fall asleep. Anyone that passed my car in the ditch on the gorgeous driving night in July last year will side with me on that one...

My god! talk about a hard time of it..

Really glad you posted back with the update of what wen't on afterwards. really.. REALLY crap time since the incident. So glad it's all all over now and the people responsible punished! Shame at the 2 month ban for the speeding, but I guess the relief that the legal crap is all now over it's worth it!..

Just when you think your having a normal life, sh*1 like this happens!...

Good to hear from you again!

Nice lengthy update there!

Sounds a complete nightmare - I hope your successful in your private case for damages but even if you win what compels the lad to actually pay up? Surely he can just rubber-ear it?

Are you going to be an Impreza owner again? Or have you already got another one?

Oh man, gutted for you, I really am...

I just cannot believe that you had to go though all of that ON TOP of the accident and everything else... that you got banned at all is simply ridiculous!!!!

Did you only have 3rd party insurance? surely you shouldn't have to go though all of that to get reimbursed...? If so I'll be willing to bet that you'll be making a point of having fully comp next time... Ive made the same mistake in the past... and its just not worth it... (When that Lorry went on its merry way, there was nothing that i could do about it lying on the roadside,)

I hope that the pain for you will be over soon, and you can get back to normality...

Hey mate,

Good to have you back with us. Glad the person responsible was found guilty etc.

Sorry to hear you were lifted. Blame the Fiscal...not us. We do check on the national computer

and if it tells us there's a warrant....that's it....it would be a neglect of duty not to act.

Usually it can be sorted out at the office though.

As for being handcuffed...unfortunately you're either 'high risk' or 'unknown risk'. Pretty much

standard procudures. Don't feel bad or like a major criminal about it.

Hope to see you about more often now :thumbup:

Hey mate,

Good to have you back with us. Glad the person responsible was found guilty etc.

Sorry to hear you were lifted. Blame the Fiscal...not us. We do check on the national computer

and if it tells us there's a warrant....that's it....it would be a neglect of duty not to act.

Usually it can be sorted out at the office though.

As for being handcuffed...unfortunately you're either 'high risk' or 'unknown risk'. Pretty much

standard procudures. Don't feel bad or like a major criminal about it.

Hope to see you about more often now :thumbup:

Hi Richie,

Good to hear from you mate! Yeah its good to be back on, kept away for a bit due to everything thats gone on. I know what your saying mate, actually the cops were good about it and treated me quite well. They knew there had been a cockup! At this moment in time Im not going back to Subaru, about to buy a Leon Cupra K1 but plan at the start of next year to get hold of an older WRX classic and tinker with it so I'll definately be needing you guys help! Will be staying and hanging around, also possibly get to a few meets even though itll be in th German enemy!

Hope everyones good and thank you for the concern, it makes a difference venting it back into the forum haha.

Stewarty!!

<P>That is f...ing shocking.....get the we cant and we'll sort him out[:@]</P>

<P>As for the 2 witness.........hope they die in hell.</P>

How can you die in hell? Surely your already dead when you get there :thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry just trying to add some humor to a not very funny thread.

I do hope they die then go to hell, and reading this thread has made me seriously angry how could someone do what they did!!??

Just started back on this site after a few months off and mate, I honestly can't believe the hell you're going through. What I can't understand is why you were banned when all they have to go on is witness reports? That's ridiculous!

It's good news about the reprobate getting caught and dealt with accordingly but you've been shafted by the sounds of it :thumbup: Gutted

Glad you're on the mend though bud

Shep

At this moment in time Im not going back to Subaru, about to buy a Leon Cupra K1 but plan at the start of next year to get hold of an older WRX classic and tinker with it so I'll definately be needing you guys help! Will be staying and hanging around, also possibly get to a few meets even though itll be in th German enemy!

Hope everyones good and thank you for the concern, it makes a difference venting it back into the forum haha.

Stewarty!!

Nice new car! You'll always come back though!!! :rotfl:

C'mon the wagons!!!!

You can always accompany me on the runs and be the photographer again!

Nice new car! You'll always come back though!!! :rotfl:

C'mon the wagons!!!!

You can always accompany me on the runs and be the photographer again!

Yeah I'm planning comeback to scoobylife as soon as finances allow me to buy a project car, want to buy a brand new car so an Impreza was a no no due to the new one being ****e frankly! Keeping an eyeout for an RA at the right price to work on.

Definately be up for a runout as the photographer again Richie, whenevr you go on a meet give me a shout and I'll leave the Seat at home! Ive still got all the pics of your car from the McRae Memorial if at somepoint you want to make copies.