2008-09 Scottish Football Season

Are we going to have an official one this season?

I hope so because I think we got the hang of it last season and managed to keep it civil most of the time. :)

I am also very excited about this coming one as I think the Terrors are going to have a good season. I can't remember the last time we signed such promising players and we even managed to retain some of our better players from last year. So bring on Barca!

P.S. A note for all Celtic fans; Waving Eire flags is just going to encourage our large Irish contingent of players you know. B)

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im greateful that killie managed to hold on to Mehdi Taouil for another 3 seasons. don't know how JJ managed it but he did. sucks that we're now lookign for a striker already but I'm not to worried about the coming season.

Mon' the Dees. Hopefully this will be our season to get oot of Div 1!!! :)

OMG a Dee :guinness:

Unlike many united supporters I wish the Dees all the best. You have provided so much entertainment I can't have anything than affection for them.

Nice to have more non-OF folks as well.

A good spread of supporters is great. I like to hear from all team fans even though I may not like the teams.

last year we had a majority of bears and bhoys but there was a few from the smaller teams and their points are just as valid. Gus the Bus is a Livi man so if any one deserves sympathy its him.

So has your team signed/sold the right guys for the coming season?

Bobo is still not away yet so no. A good servant but it's time he was away now.

I like him. Sure, he's not great with the ball at his feet, but not much gets passed him on the ground or in the air. I'm afraid it's his high wages that are forcing him out. If Caldwell starts from where he left off last season, then I'd be happy to see him stay in the team and Balde can go without being missed. Still not too happy at the lack of new faces and not enough chances are being created in front of goal from what I have seen of the two friendlies I watched.

Why? Is the subs bench getting cold?

How many good players are still not getting a game now?

Riordan and Killen for 2

These are not good players, particularly Killin. Riordan has on occasion produced the goods, but he blows hot and cold, no consistency. One might argue that he needs and extended run in the team for that, but if your good enough, that will come through in any amount of time. He's had his chance, sell him. I'd say sell Killin, but I doubt if you could give him away.

A good spread of supporters is great. I like to hear from all team fans even though I may not like the teams.

last year we had a majority of bears and bhoys but there was a few from the smaller teams and their points are just as valid. Gus the Bus is a Livi man so if any one deserves sympathy its him.

So has your team signed/sold the right guys for the coming season?

I reckon Colin Cameron will turn out to be a vital signing for us this season. Would have been nice to get Snodgrass from Livi, but he seems to be holding out for a better deal elsewhere. Chris Innes is no loss - Obviously after the money, seeing as he stood us up twice.

Glad to see Big Rab between the sticks, bit more vocal and dominating than Samson or Roy. Losing Kev MAcDonald was always going to happen, so glad we got a wee bit cash for him. Gutted to lose Judas Robertson to the Arabs though.

Another central midfielder, and we'll have a good spine to the team. Douglas - Cameron-McHale/Other - Curier - McMenamin.

Last friendly today versus Bradford City, so off to Dens to see that.

Well we have had a good pre-season and our signings are looking very promising.

Feeney and Sandaza look like good players by all accounts so our lack of goals that hampered us last season when Robson left might be changed.

We have retained our great midfield of Gomis and Flood, bauben is back and we have the ex-dee robertson who seems like a good buy. Al can probably tell us more.

We lost Kalvenes who was the best left back in the SPL last year and Hunt may be off to Reading. I will miss Hunt who has a great attitude and a great back flip.

All in all I reckon we have a great shot a 3rd this year and referees permitting we are going to take points of the old firm.

tannadice will be a fortress but I doubt any of the celtic and Rangers fans will see that because 1. Rangers fans are boycotting and 2. AS Rangers and Celtic FCs want 5% for ticket handling away fans will have to buy their tickets direct. I have to say they are being greedy b******s and i hope all the other clubs follow Falkirk's lead on this.

Falkirk Herald anyone?

we have the ex-dee robertson who seems like a good buy. Al can probably tell us more.

Utd have got themselves a very good player for free. He will be a big, big loss to us this season. Everyone accepted Kev McDonald leaving because he's an exceptional talent, and was getting rave reviews all last season, but Robertson was our unsung hero really. Terrific engine, and grafts for 90mins.

No disrespect meant, but I just hope he goes on to bigger and better things than Dundee Utd.

Even if he is a Judas Ginger Tw@t! :lol:

Utd have got themselves a very good player for free. He will be a big, big loss to us this season. Everyone accepted Kev McDonald leaving because he's an exceptional talent, and was getting rave reviews all last season, but Robertson was our unsung hero really. Terrific engine, and grafts for 90mins.

No disrespect meant, but I just hope he goes on to bigger and better things than Dundee Utd.

Even if he is a Judas Ginger Tw@t! :lol:

Careful now Al!

Judas has been badly misrepresented by the Roman catholic church apparantly.

Being ginger is not something you should pick on people for and if you do St3ph3n and I will come down on you hard.

As for being a tw@t?...well we are all guilty of that now and again aren't we?

Apart from all that isn't Robertson an Arab born and bred?

Not sure how the Gers will do this season, with Barry out for a few months there is no one to inspire the team. Kenny Miller is another story, how he will react to the fans remains to be seen. There are certain fans, no matter what, that will not forgive or forget. There is one guy behind me thats still boos Barry for leaving! Forget all the friendlies the real season starts on Wednesday.