2008-09 Scottish Football Season

Careful now Al!

Judas has been badly misrepresented by the Roman catholic church apparantly.

Being ginger is not something you should pick on people for and if you do St3ph3n and I will come down on you hard.

As for being a tw@t?...well we are all guilty of that now and again aren't we?

Apart from all that isn't Robertson an Arab born and bred?

Nope, he's a Dee.

"Agent Robertson, how do you read me?...Over......" :lol:;);)

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS Rangers and Celtic FCs want 5% for ticket handling away fans will have to buy their tickets direct. I have to say they are being greedy b******s and i hope all the other clubs follow Falkirk's lead on this.

Read that in the record earlier. What a load of shíté from them. I don't see it affecting the away support two much though for someof the grounds if the old firm stopes selling our tickets.

For example most of the away crowd at rugby park walk to the game when the old firm are in town so they can get there tickets locally anyway. True fans though from other areas who want to get to the game will always make sure they get there tickets anyway by calling rugby park etc... in advance and ordering there tickets.

Yes it may cost Killie a bit more on postage but its a damn site better than 5% handeling fee and bowing to what is just a decision from 2 teams out of the 12.

Or.... Rangers and Celtic could always drop the idea as its bloomin rediculus and not worth the hassle its going to cause...

I wish he was a Celtic player.

Talking about celtic (hard C) players (see what I did there :thumbup:) Hunt is away south. I loved his attitude and general pain in the bum style of play. I will miss his back-flips too.

Who will Davie Weir kick now?

Wish him all the best.

Talking about celtic (hard C) players (see what I did there :thumbup:) Hunt is away south. I loved his attitude and general pain in the bum style of play. I will miss his back-flips too.

Who will Davie Weir kick now?

Wish him all the best.

South? To Glasgow?

I am confident that Thomson (Half the price twice the player - Brown) will step up to the mark. I am worried though that we still lack a couple of creative players in the side. Personally I would not play Kenny Misser at all. Dont hate the fact we brought him back because of him playing for Celtic. It because he is a poor player that I hated the signing.

I would say the only signing that excite me are Velicka and lafferty. Lafferty is one for the future though, but I think Velika, if he player regularly and with Boyd they will score more than 60 between them. I was really impressed with him at hearts and he has already proved himself against both sides of the old firm.

As for the 5% surcharge request. I think Rangers and Celtic are quite right. Bear in mind the other SPL teams always up their prices for us coming. If Gers and Celtic refused to take away allocation I bet they would all back down. Without our support, it would badly effect there yearly income - fact!

I think its going to be a close tussle this year again between us and the tic. But to be fair there are no easy games for either side anymore.

Away to watch the barca game on setanta with a cold one now!

for the 5% surcharge request. I think Rangers and Celtic are quite right. Bear in mind the other SPL teams always up their prices for us coming. If Gers and Celtic refused to take away allocation I bet they would all back down. Without our support, it would badly effect there yearly income - fact!

Aye ? £26 for us to get into Ibrox/Parkhead, £21 quid to get in to Pittodrie, so who's ripping who off then ?

As for the 5% surcharge request. I think Rangers and Celtic are quite right. Bear in mind the other SPL teams always up their prices for us coming. If Gers and Celtic refused to take away allocation I bet they would all back down. Without our support, it would badly effect there yearly income - fact!

Simple case of supply and demand. You both demand larger numbers of seats for our grounds and you tend to always fill them at the higher price. why would we reduce it when as you say we could use the income. no team in the history of football has requested a share of the away gate for a standard league season (cup games are a different matter) and it smacks of pure penny pinching on the old firms part as the other teams are struggeling enough as it is.

I would love for celtic and rangers to refuse to stock allocation as then the dedicated away fans you have would go mental at having to contact each ground to get tickets rather than just buying them at the ticket office at an earlier home game. they wouldn't blame the other clubs. they would hold there own responsible. already supporters clubs are wondering how they will go around getting away allocations if there own team has no say in the ticket distribution.

As much as we need the money your fans provide us you guys need other teams to play against just as much and its no use forcing them so close to the wall for what to the old firm is a relativly small sum of money for them compared to what it is to the rest of us.

I am fed up of both of the old firm doing joint announcments like this which are purly for there benfit as they continually squeeze more and more on the rest of the spl which was originally founded to be of benefit to all its member teams.. not just the two biggest (who chose to veto everything which may give the rest of us a fair share of anything)

I do appreciate what they bring to the league and there european expolots bennefiting the country etc... however its stupid moves like this one that make me wonder if we should have gone though with the OFGTF campaign from many years ago now. :thumbup:

and it smacks of pure penny pinching on the old firms part

And the prices the other teams charge when the OF comes to town doesn't?

I believe some teams actually double their prices for these games. The fans are being punished, not the teams themselves.

Waaahey a "discussion" and we aren't even started yet. :thumbup:

I agree with everything Nanaki said because he is 100% right. Teams do not havew to supply the OF with away tickets to sell and if they want to make even more money at the expense of the smaller clubs then the home clubs have an economic decision to make. Put yourself in their shoes St3ph3n. What would you do?

It does smack of pure greed. The OF are in the enviable position of being able to sell just about all their season tickets and I think they supply their own fans with away tickets as a perk to season ticket holders. They also charge a handling fee for sale of away tickets too. So they are "exploiting" their own fans.

St3ph3n..FYI I don't know that any club doubles the price of their tickets for OF games and remember that all tickets must be priced the same for home and away. However I am sure you are right about the fans being financially punished but for clubs where demand outstrips supply this will always be the case.

Falkirk are selling their tickets through local sources and not through Rangers. I am sure they will sell plenty as there are plenty of "local" Rangers fans in the Falkirk area.

If the OF are getting tickets off the other teams at price X then of course they'll want to charge X + handling to sell to fans. Running a ticket shop that in the case of Celtic's at least is always queued out the door when selling tickets for away matches.

The question is - by running their own ticket sales will it cost these teams more than the 5% requested? Selling a few thousand tickets over the counter or over the internet is going to require a decent number of staff so I'd have said it would have been fairly close.

Perhaps the other teams should start to look at running a succesful business in this day and age.

I do appreciate what they bring to the league and there european expolots bennefiting the country etc... however its stupid moves like this one that make me wonder if we should have gone though with the OFGTF campaign from many years ago now. :thumbup:

Go for it. Do you think the SPL could survive without the Old Firm? Perhaps, but dont expect a £125m telly deal, maybe if you were lucky a wee highlights package once a week on STV for about £1m a year no doubt. The SPL IS the Old Firm. Dont bite the hand that feeds you!!

Think about it mate. Celtic Park is a 4 star rated uefa stadium, Ibrox is 5. Pittodrie? Would you pay more to hire a STI than a Skoda????

Deary me, is that the best you can do ? Does the fact it's a grade 4 or 5 stadium give me any extras or preferential treatment ? Nope, i'm still sitting in a cheap plastic seat at £26 for the "privelege"

"The SPL IS the Old Firm"

I'd really love to tell you where to shove that statement but i'd just end up getting banned.

OF arrogance, it's knows no bounds.

Edited by kloon

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying the OF are the SPL, but taking away the £125m deal and the money they bring to the other teams would force a lot of teams to live a rather more frugal existance.

It's a catch 22 situation. Everyone needs everyone else to exist surely?

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying the OF are the SPL, but taking away the £125m deal and the money they bring to the other teams would force a lot of teams to live a rather more frugal existance.

It's a catch 22 situation. Everyone needs everyone else to exist surely?

Very true St3ph3n. It doesn't stop the big guys throwing their weight around though. The more money you have the more you want it seems. I mean its not as if the other clubs have oodles of money to throw about. their margins are small as it is and the clubs can't afford the wages and subsequently the teams can't compete. then you get the SPL called the "diddy" league. If the money was spread more equally then the league would improve wouldn't it? This is something that the OF will resist at all costs because it is in their interests to maintain the status quo.

I will never go to Ibrox because the away fans get treated terribly and the referees get treated too well! However if I wanted a ticket I have no probs phoning up Ibrox to get one posted to me. As there are loads of OF fans all over Scotland there woon't be a problem with OF fans local to the smaller clubs getting a ticket and as they will pay the normal price minus any handling fee for Ragers or Celtic they will get a better deal surely?