2008-09 Scottish Football Season

ah well another season nearly under way and already we have the best part of four pages of OF drivel :D:lol:

Anyhoo, glad to see some other 1st Division supporters around :D

Well, my predictions for this year are deffo a top six finish for the lions this year(makes a change :( ). With the arrival of new owners and Davie Hay :) playing a significant part in preceedings the change in Almondvale already is nothing short of amazing :(

Its great to see people who know about football running the ship again rather than the numpty heids that just left :( .

It is going to take the lions a few games to settle the team but what i've seen on the park so far is a bloody good standard of football.

So, Iain (Zeolite) nae need for your sympathy this year. The Lions will roar once again :P

BRING IT ON! :beer:

Edited by Gus the Bus
  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lions will roar to a top 6 finish in the second league of our nation?

Sounds more like a gentle miaow from a team who only recently were in the top tier Gus.

Watch this space St3ph3n. I'm just playing it cool :)

If you had seen the sh*te i have had to endure over the last 4 years, I can assure you its going to be a VAST improvement :D

Edited by Gus the Bus
we cannae even beat Alloa in the feckin cup!

Alloa are always a tricky wee team especially at Recreation park. Which btw gets my vote for the biggest sh*thole of a ground in Scotland. the pitch is on a 45 degree slope :D and rolls up at the corner flags :) whit a dump!!!!

.................and the lions roll on to Round two :D:beer:

Edited by Gus the Bus
Maybe you did mean it in jest but still a load of cobblers. What about the decisions that go against the old firm. you don't seem to moan about them. That's just the way football is. The refs call as they see it.

Away an boil yer head. :):D:beer:

Tell you what why don't we compromise and you go away and boil Mike McCurry's head. That would make me happy. Might lose you a season ticket holder though.

Gus...I am glad to see the big changes at Livi. I hope the next headlines you make is on the football field. the next time I crack open a can of fizzy pop I will toast yourselves but I hope Ross county do the biz cos Mrs Z is from the Black Isle.

The 1st looks like a very competive league again. I thin the Pars might be the team though.

Gus...I am glad to see the big changes at Livi. I hope the next headlines you make is on the football field. the next time I crack open a can of fizzy pop I will toast yourselves but I hope Ross county do the biz cos Mrs Z is from the Black Isle.

The 1st looks like a very competive league again. I thin the Pars might be the team though.

Cheers Iain, I'm looking to some good trips up to Dingwall again! Great days out :) and I wish the County well, just not against us tho :D

I'll disagree with you on the Pars one :D I think Queen of the South are going to be the surprise package (after ourselves of course :beer: ) but, as you say a very interesting and competitive season ahead.

Cheers

Gus

Edited by Gus the Bus

well that's a very poor performance from rangers tonight. it is all very well winning ugly but when you play that ugly and don't win against a team that isn't in the same class( no dis-respect). it just isn't good enough. it's all very well saying we achived great things last season but we can't rest on our laurels. if we don't get a result next week then there is going to be a backlash.

well that's a very poor performance from rangers tonight. it is all very well winning ugly but when you play that ugly and don't win against a team that isn't in the same class( no dis-respect). it just isn't good enough. it's all very well saying we achived great things last season but we can't rest on our laurels. if we don't get a result next week then there is going to be a backlash.

KM not the answer then?

KM not the answer then?

by all accounts miller was one of the better players on the night. why the hell darcheville was playing I don't know, and Christian Dailly more like arthur dailly. charlie adam shouldn't even get a game wi the reserves nevr mind the first team. For me the blame has to lie with smith, i think he got his tactics badly wrong.

As for miller he wouldn't have been my first choice of signing but I really do wish all the narrow minded bigots would get a grip. These people that boo their own players are a disgrace. I hope Miller has a fantastic season and proves all the idiots wrong.

he got his tactics badly wrong.

I really do wish all the narrow minded bigots would get a grip. These people that boo their own players are a disgrace.

Yeah, he was accused of that a lot last season too.

I'm not so sure those Ranger's fans are narrow-minded bigots to be fair to them. Think about it; Kenny Miller played for Celtic and helped them to the Championship, he even scored agasint Rangers and ran in their direction to celebrate his goal, in a gerritupye fashion. Also, KM, when he scored for Celtic would do that chest beating $hite as though to say, "from the heart". What bull$hit. Play for whomever you like, just lay-off the loyality gestures unless your heart trully lies behind the colours you are wearing - Kenny Miller's is clearly not. Also, one has to appreciate what Celtic and Rangers are all about, it more than football, much more and I don't mean all the hatred either. When Pierre Van Hooijdonk (sp?!) was approached on a number of occaisions by "The Little General" he turned him down. Pierre made it clear "that that is something you just don't do". Wise words - Respect! People who boo their own players can be a disgrace, but sometimes their is good reason for it.

Pierre made it clear "that that is something you just don't do". Wise words - Respect! People who boo their own players can be a disgrace, but sometimes their is good reason for it.

Totally agree....just like Gattuso this year saying he could never play for Inter or Celtic. They are the clubs he loves greates rivals. Hopefully he will be home soon. I can dream at least! :rolleyes:

All he does is run around like a heidless chicken booting people, plays with a lot of passion though, however, passion doesn't equate to ability.

Yeah, thats why when he won his first Champions League medal he was also the MOTM, he has also got a world cup medal to go with his ither two Champions League ones. Of course that means he has no ability! You must be mad Welsho!

Yeah, thats why when he won his first Champions League medal he was also the MOTM, he has also got a world cup medal to go with his ither two Champions League ones. Of course that means he has no ability! You must be mad Welsho!

Let's not forget that football is a TEAM game and that all the other members of his team were awarded with medals too, it wasn't a one-man job. Furthermore, he was surrounded with players with more talent in their boot laces than anything we have to offer, so even an average player would get away with playing in that environment.