2008-09 Scottish Football Season

Absolutely. I don't know the full statement issued by the clubs but I would have thought that the home clubs doing it all themselves will save money for the OF in terms of admin etc.

Whether or not it's the best solution I don't know as I imagine the OF controlling the sales has better implications for security, fairness to those supporters who travel a lot etc.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying the OF are the SPL, but taking away the £125m deal and the money they bring to the other teams would force a lot of teams to live a rather more frugal existance.

It's a catch 22 situation. Everyone needs everyone else to exist surely?

100% agree. Thats me finished on this part of the topic. Roll on the footie! lol :thumbup:

I love this place. so much better than the debates in work!

yeah we all need one another to exist. I don't know about other teams but killie don't charge me any extra to go into the killie shop and buy tickets for away games. I had no idea the old firm did that to there own fans.

financially yes i think that to begin with yeah the clubs would lose out on a bit of money if they didn't have rangers and celtic selling there tickets but for me its the principal that i don't agree with as it just opens far to big a can of worms. when do the negociations end on new rates each year... do other teams start doing it to one another. it just becomes a mess.

it could end up with us adding 5% to ticket costs to cover the loss due to payments to old firm and then ultimatly in all of this the people who suffer most are me and you with more expensive tickets or more trouble trying to get them.

i still think the idea is a non starter but we'll need to wait and see now i guess.

I love this place. so much better than the debates in work!

yeah we all need one another to exist. I don't know about other teams but killie don't charge me any extra to go into the killie shop and buy tickets for away games. I had no idea the old firm did that to there own fans.

financially yes i think that to begin with yeah the clubs would lose out on a bit of money if they didn't have rangers and celtic selling there tickets but for me its the principal that i don't agree with as it just opens far to big a can of worms. when do the negociations end on new rates each year... do other teams start doing it to one another. it just becomes a mess.

it could end up with us adding 5% to ticket costs to cover the loss due to payments to old firm and then ultimatly in all of this the people who suffer most are me and you with more expensive tickets or more trouble trying to get them.

i still think the idea is a non starter but we'll need to wait and see now i guess.

Your groundis one of the few where I am happy to pay the extra, purely for the steak pies....mmmmm!!

Your groundis one of the few where I am happy to pay the extra, purely for the steak pies....mmmmm!!

Ah yes the humble Killie pie.

Tastes great when I get them from the local bakers... tastes even better when im sitting in my seat!!!

OOOOHHH!!! Nail - Head - SMACK!!!!

now now john. a quote like that again and it'll be your head i'm tempted to start smacking :) eye of the orange stripy tiger stands no chance :)

seriously though no team is bigger than the league no matter how much they or some of there fans like to think so.

Deary me, is that the best you can do ? Does the fact it's a grade 4 or 5 stadium give me any extras or preferential treatment ? Nope, i'm still sitting in a cheap plastic seat at £26 for the "privelege"

"The SPL IS the Old Firm"

I'd really love to tell you where to shove that statement but i'd just end up getting banned.

OF arrogance, it's knows no bounds.

Aye and for the "privaledge" at Ibrox, you get bottles of pish and hot bovril thrown at you for free. Magic.

Aye and for the "privaledge" at Ibrox, you get bottles of pish and hot bovril thrown at you for free. Magic.

Thats total crap! I have never heard of such in my life, including 10 years as a season ticket holder at ibrox.

Unlike Pittodrie, where 3 years ago in the family section I dodged coins for 90 mins while the stewards and police done shaft all!

Good first half showing from Utd against Barca. Good to see them having a bit of a go, unlike Smiths crappy back to the wall tactics. Levin is a very good manager - take my hat of to him! :)

dtabbit.. You are in the wrong end mate. I have heard of similar stories from a variety of fans from other clubs. away fans stay away from Ibrox because paying to get abused isn't everyone's cup of pish.

Anyway..watching the game and Barca are brilliant. Feeney has been great. i am looking forward to him slotting a few against Rangers. Whether they will stand is another story. :)

dtabbit.. You are in the wrong end mate. I have heard of similar stories from a variety of fans from other clubs. away fans stay away from Ibrox because paying to get abused isn't everyone's cup of pish.

Anyway..watching the game and Barca are brilliant. Feeney has been great. i am looking forward to him slotting a few against Rangers. Whether they will stand is another story. :)

oh here we go the conspiracy theories starting already and the season hasn't even kicked off.

Ibrox is the only ground I refuse to go to because of the abuse that away supporters get there. And I aint alone in that. I've also had coins thrown at me at Pittodrie, I always thought Aberdonian loons were tight as a nuns chuff??

Not that Dundee fans are renouned for their "good behaviour" when away from home. Some right dickheads go to our away matches.

Not that we need to worry about visiting Ibrox or Pittodrie this season yet again!!!!!!!! we cannae even beat Alloa in the feckin cup!