Tarting Up In A Different Fashion

Those who were at the RR Day in Ellon this weekend may have spotted the GTi-R sitting in the workshop (three along from my car in the photo), well i quite liked it's paintwork so i Photoshopped my RA into something similar yesterday.

Race-Colours.jpg

I should have some lightweight anthracite 17's going on soon and reckon the red bits still tie in pretty well. I'm seriously thinking of doing this if i found the right bumpers cheap enough. It's a bit different and i don't think it's too OTT, the car isn't my daily driver so i don't mind being a bit silly with it! [H]

What do you think? Do i need my head checked or am i heading on the right lines? [;)]

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!

And Did I mention Wrong?  No?

Well.....

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! [:@]

Of all the ways to ruin a car, You'll be turning into one of those kids that buy the tiny cheapo cars, and bolt on every tacky mod that they see in Max power.... [;)]

Oh Dear...

Trust me mate, thats  NICE motor as it is!!!  [:(]

That will only look good if you strip the interior,fit a full roll cage and and go for the rally slag look  like Gus says , imho.

I've seen a few Evo's with this kind of colour scheme(think the red and white is more their motorsport colours),still not keen on it.

So another thumbs down mate. sorry.

Looks better on the Evo. I think the side skirts would need to be red on the scooby too. Maybe go for the same design on the spoiler and keep the vertical parts white.

You'll have to be very careful that it doesn't look like you're on your way back from the scrappies with mismatching body panels after an accident, which to me is how the photochop looks.

I have actually Photoshopped a stickered up version, just don't want to get busted for advertising.

I agree that it would look better with red skirts too but i spent long enough looking for an RA without all the dead weight that there's no chance i'll be retro-fitting them. Painting the sides is completely out of the question, far too permanent. The Fridge V1 looked nice but the RA doesn't lend itself to big spoilers and 18" wheels - i bought it to get away from all that. MY00 bodywork with STi 5/6 spoiler and P1 splitter is now engraved in the "How to make your classic Scooby look good" stone... no-one has done this before AFAIK.

The Evo above looks fantastic IMO and proves the car doesn't need to be stripped out, caged and have full rally livery to pull it off. I agree it could look a bit 1.6GL with turbo bits stuck on but that may just add to the fun!

If i get time tonight i may try Photoshopping it from a similar angle as the Evo above.