• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I spoke to Subaru UK yesterday who said that they were aware of the current situation and in constant contact with Metasat but cannot tell them how to run our rectify issues in their business.

The guy I spoke with suggested trying an alarm activation to see if I got any comms from metasat which I did and was pleaseantly surprised to receive the 'alarm activation' text almost immediately, although, it was dated for 19 June instead of 22nd!!

I later retried (mid afternoon) the SAT.STATUS request and did not get a 'text delivery' confirmation or a reply until around 2am!! :angry:

At least things seem to be working if still a little eratic.

Den

Can metasat be used if your not the cars first owner. important missing red envelope apparently

Don't see why not, Subaru just needs to "re-register" it for your name and numbers. (probably cost you €100 though)

Not sure of red envelope significance ??

I was 2nd owner of my car.

You need the dealer to contact MetaSat/Subaru and notify them of change of ownership, you can't do it.. or every tom dick & harry would be doing it. lol

Once the dealer had notified them of my car it was swapped to my name that afternoon. you then get emails sent to you with login deatails etc.

I was 2nd owner of my car.

You need the dealer to contact MetaSat/Subaru and notify them of change of ownership, you can't do it.. or every tom dick & harry would be doing it. lol

Once the dealer had notified them of my car it was swapped to my name that afternoon. you then get emails sent to you with login deatails etc.

Cheers mate, I called them earlier and they are setting the wheels in motion :)

I've just heard from a friend of mine who knows the guy who sold me my car. my friend said that the salesman clocked my car doing some miles an hour (i won't say for legal reasons ;) on the m1. apparently he knows this because he checked my metasat account. firstly i didnt even know my account was set up and secondly why the hell is the salesman looking at something that should be my personal details. i feel a bit violated.

• 2 months later...

Just did a sat.status and it worked ok.

I had my alarm go off for an unknown reason a couple of weeks ago and text came from a number I wasn't expecting. This sat.status just responded to this new number.

Maybe worth forcing an alarm by removing -ve battery lead for a minute - or by locking the car with the drivers door open, think that works too.

edit - have you got 2 mobile numbers set up? Is it working from the other phone? I think ye need 2 numbers these days for it to work.

Edited by monsterenergy

Just did a sat.status and it worked ok.

I had my alarm go off for an unknown reason a couple of weeks ago and text came from a number I wasn't expecting. This sat.status just responded to this new number.

Maybe worth forcing an alarm by removing -ve battery lead for a minute - or by locking the car with the drivers door open, think that works too.

edit - have you got 2 mobile numbers set up? Is it working from the other phone? I think ye need 2 numbers these days for it to work.

only got one mobile set up.... two cost you more credits. ;)

I have 2 phones registered on my Metasat, neither of which get a response at the moment.

Didn't get asked for a Tracker this time.

Starting to think it is more hassle than it is worth as I get no response 50% of the time, a response after 1-2 hours 40% of the time and the occcasional response within seconds.

Thinking about drafting a letter to Metasat suggesting that they accept liability in the event my car is actually stolen and the unit does not respond. Doubtless, my insurer would run a mile if the car was stolen and the unit did not work.

Tried mine three times on Italy number no reply

Tried mine three times on in 3 diiferent locations IUK number got this reply in a minute.

Your command has been received and is being processed

got this reply in about 5-10 minutes later

The unit has not responded within the expected timescale.

Tony

• 2 months later...