• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System is useless as you can get GPS blockers for buttons now and widely available!!!

blockers

While you try and text your car someone is stripping the hell outa it

Hopefully somebody will soon invent a GPS blocker blocker lol

Yes the sms system is good and very convenient (when it's working) but isn't the be all and end all.

It's maybe nae the be all and end all, but they've taken money for a service that they're nae providing - which is pretty poor form and maybe even a bit of a con.

Edited by monsterenergy

Hopefully somebody will soon invent a GPS blocker blocker lol

It's maybe nae the be all and end all, but they've taken money for a service that they're nae providing - which is pretty poor form and maybe even a bit of a con.

Maybe, but you still pay €100 per year whether you use the sms service or not, If you use more than €100 worth of sms (hardly likely but) you pay extra.

"It would, as you know not react, so your point is made. What I was trying to indicate is that there is data flow between box & server that is constant & regular & to which there is no bearing on client SMS usage.

Kind regards,

Tom."

That means that data is collect but NOBODY does anything with it a bit like having a silent Rape alarm.

Maybe, but you still pay €100 per year whether you use the sms service or not, If you use more than €100 worth of sms (hardly likely but) you pay extra.

That works out £33 per text from me then as used three times and I pay for the Italian one.

As much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

Tony

Has anyone else tried to dial their metasat unit direct??

It's mobile phone number was supplied on a sticker with "central code" (Codice Centrale) number along with the other system info.

Using Italian Country code 0039 I get a "Sorry Temporary Fault " message......................

Phoning the Italian Metasat text number puts you through to a modem, so that's working..........

Has anyone else tried to dial their metasat unit direct??

It's mobile phone number was supplied on a sticker with "central code" (Codice Centrale) number along with the other system info.

Using Italian Country code 0039 I get a "Sorry Temporary Fault " message......................

They just need 700 billion Euro's for the phone meter and away we go :D

Tony

Well, today I got a response from the lovely Julia... this was after I asked for details of their complaints dept because I wanted a refund because they weren't providing the service promised.

The issue is currently being Investigated, we note and very much appreciate both the Inconvenience and frustration you are experiencing and realise the importance of resolving it as swiftly as possible.

It is indeed very much a priority & we will endeavour to update you accordingly, where possible.

So - we'll see how this pans out.

I'm still waiting for them to tell me whether my account is set up or not.

Hi

I was waiting for me email/text with account details for new hatch, called Subaru Dealer today who contacted Subaru UK. Subaru UK confirmed the Metasat account was in place and provided the login details. Subaru UK apparently informed the dealer that Metasat were experiencing some issues just now. The number to call for Metasat UK is 01905 791700.

I managed to login, check my personal details and change the account password, however, texting SAT.STATUS to metasat is not even getting a 'delivery' message let alone a reply.

I also tried sending SAT.STATUS on Monday evening & on Tuesday morning - got message delivered confirmation for both on Tuesday evening around 9pm!!!

The whole situation is not very encouraging!! Wonder who is liable if your car is stolen and the insurance refuses to pay out because the tracker is not active?

Den

Hi

I was waiting for me email/text with account details for new hatch, called Subaru Dealer today who contacted Subaru UK. Subaru UK confirmed the Metasat account was in place and provided the login details. Subaru UK apparently informed the dealer that Metasat were experiencing some issues just now. The number to call for Metasat UK is 01905 791700.

I managed to login, check my personal details and change the account password, however, texting SAT.STATUS to metasat is not even getting a 'delivery' message let alone a reply.

I also tried sending SAT.STATUS on Monday evening & on Tuesday morning - got message delivered confirmation for both on Tuesday evening around 9pm!!!

The whole situation is not very encouraging!! Wonder who is liable if your car is stolen and the insurance refuses to pay out because the tracker is not active?

Den

The main thing is the Tracker is operational, it's a problem with the network used for the SMS text messaging in Italy.

If you think your cars been stolen phone Octotelematics on the number you quoted and they can tell you or the police where it is.

The main thing is the Tracker is operational, it's a problem with the network used for the SMS text messaging in Italy.

If you think your cars been stolen phone Octotelematics on the number you quoted and they can tell you or the police where it is.

Which is the least you would expect

BUT thatt is only if you ask!!!!!!!!!

If the car was stolen and sensors/alarms were set of whilst you we're on 2 weeks holiday NOTHING would happen until you noticed it was missing :).

Itour car can be screaming to octiomics I'm being stolen for two weeks and nothing will happen till you question then where your car is :mad:

Sorrry this system that is "1" way is as much use as an Ashtray on a motorbike ;)

You may as well leave the key in the door and ring up the insurance company last day of holiday to make a total loss claim ;)

Tony

I was of the impression the dealer is supposed to set it up, or at least pass on the details so it will be. That is what I was told anyway.

Don - Still waiting for dealer to get back to me about a Hybrid Version manual, been a week now. They keep just passing me to the lad that sold me the car, who doesn't know.

I was of the impression the dealer is supposed to set it up, or at least pass on the details so it will be. That is what I was told anyway.

It's a system fault not a setup problem

Don - Still waiting for dealer to get back to me about a Hybrid Version manual, been a week now. They keep just passing me to the lad that sold me the car, who doesn't know.

Give the info/details to their parts department they "should" be able to order for you if competent. One reason I've stayed with Adams of Aylesbury all these years :D

Not trying to defend them, just making sure people know ALL the facts.

I know :icon_pray:

The facts are

I "Sold" a system that was 2 way and now it's 1 way.

When I was going away on holiday I'd have text it speed10

This would then text me if it had moved, even slowly ;)

may aswell put a sign please pinch me on it now :icon_butt:

Still don't work :mad:

I know :icon_pray:

The facts are

I "Sold" a system that was 2 way and now it's 1 way.

When I was going away on holiday I'd have text it speed10

This would then text me if it had moved, even slowly ;)

may aswell put a sign please pinch me on it now :icon_butt:

Still don't work :mad:

Exactly, it isn't working as it's supposed to and as provided by Subaru UK when you buy the car. Maybe we should start complaining to Subaru UK / IM asking what they will do to 'encourage' metasat to put a bit more urgency on getting this resolved. I phoned Metasat yesterday and was told 'yes, there is a problem with text communication at the moment but I am not personally involved so can't say anymore than we are aware of it and are working to resolve the problem'

If we don't pay our 100 euros each year on time, I bet they would be quick enough to discontinue the cover.

Den

Edited by Big Den

FYI

Called Metasat this morning and was informed that the two way communication problems with Subaru's is still ongoing - and yes she was specfic in stating Subaru when I asked if the communication issue was resolved.

I am going to contact Subaru UK and see what, if anything, they are doing to push for Metasat to resolve this.

Den