Does anyone know if METASAT text number has changed?

I'm trying to get a SAT.STATUS but not getting a response. I've got plenty credits and an active subscription.

I've tried the original +3933******* and also a +44 number that the tracker once sent me an alarm update from.

Neither is responding - any ideas?

Edited by monsterenergy
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

website coming up with login errors

Websites fine,can login to my page.

Triggered an Alarm activation on Monday as a test, following monsterenergy's posts here and on S'net.

Still not received a text notification from either tel number.

Aye Don - I can log on to the site thru Subaru UK - that's how I know my subscription is active and that I have credits - so all ok there.

Are they gonna refund us money for the inactive service, I wonder? They clearly state they'll take money off us to reinstate the service if we don't top up in time!

I'll be making a call when I get hame!

Anyone who has had/having problems should email "support@octotelematics.co.uk" giving vehicle reg, details of requests/activations etc and whether car in garage or covered at time.

Would appear the text messaging system has problems they are trying to isolate/pin down.

Edited by don

Anyone who has had/having problems should email "support@octotelematics.co.uk" giving vehicle reg, details of requests/activations etc and whether car in garage or covered at time.

Would appear the text messaging system has problems they are trying to isolate/pin down.

Don,

Whats the List of command texts ?

I know two :D or do I have to RTFM :D

Tony

interestingly I've sent a text to get the status of my car...... which is out side my window, I can see it.

I'm still waiting for the text command to come back!!!

text SAT.STATUS

text SAT.ON

text SAT.OFF

text SPEEDxx (enter the speed you want to be notified at where the 'xx' are)

Edited by salsa-king

Don,

Whats the List of command texts ?

I know two :D or do I have to RTFM :D

Tony

interestingly I've sent a text to get the status of my car...... which is out side my window, I can see it.

I'm still waiting for the text command to come back!!!

text SAT.STATUS

text SAT.ON

text SAT.OFF

text SPEEDxx (enter the speed you want to be notified at where the 'xx' are)

:D

Plus for the latest systems.......... (MY11 onwards?)

SAT.IMM (immobilise on next start)

SAT.IMM.OFF

"Further to your email, the current communication issue you are experiencing concerns either the non-delivery or delayed delivery of messages sent & consequently may well be related to telecoms network issues (outside of our control). We are continuing to investigate nevertheless, & will update you accordingly where possible.

In the meantime, direct server to box communication is unaffected & continues to operate normally, the latest position for your vehicle as of a moment ago is confirmed below

Kind regards,

Tom Treacy."

It did show posistion but did'nt mention anthing about wen alarm triggered ???

Edited by T5NYW

my reply

Tom,

Thank you for the reply,

But you are only showing me where it last/present position date eg 07/06/12 when your checked!!! and not the info from alarm Activated 06th June 19:36pm when my Car could have been possibly "Stolen" or "broken into" and had the METASAT removed. The thieves now using the sim card to make calls to India.

Luckily enough it wasn't stolen and i could see from my window. There are many times it stops at home and I go away. "You" don't know or report to me when an Alarm has been triggered so I can make an informed judgement of what to do.

It is of little value to me to come home after 7 days holiday to find the car missing. I call Metasat and you can only report to me the "last moment in time" position or perhaps even the alarm when off 5 days ago!! highly unlikely your metasat will be hidden for that long, you'd be lucky if wasn't found within an hour. So will be disabled by theives and car long gone.

It does seem a "Global" issues as i know of some other subaru owners experiencing the similar issues.

Regards

Tony

"Further to your email, the current communication issue you are experiencing concerns either the non-delivery or delayed delivery of messages sent & consequently may well be related to telecoms network issues (outside of our control). We are continuing to investigate nevertheless, & will update you accordingly where possible.

In the meantime, direct server to box communication is unaffected & continues to operate normally, the latest position for your vehicle as of a moment ago is confirmed below

Kind regards,

Tom Treacy."

It did show posistion but did'nt mention anthing about wen alarm triggered ???

I got the same bullshit response.

If they are experiencing "telecoms network issues" then they better get them under control and sort it out.

I'm certainly not experiencing "telecoms network issues" because I have no probs with any other texts.

I got the same bullshit response.

If they are experiencing "telecoms network issues" then they better get them under control and sort it out.

I'm certainly not experiencing "telecoms network issues" because I have no probs with any other texts.

His response to my reply ;)

"The MetaSat system does not sit idle & simply rely on SMS communication mobile to mobile, there is constant data flow between box & server providing us with both live, as indicated below & also historical trip data."

so my reply

"I did assume there is communication/data flow from my unit to a "server".

My alarm was Activated 06th June 19:36pm, but "Metasat", it's Server nor any employee re-acted to that alarm and contacted me. As you said "The MetaSat system does not sit idle & simply rely on SMS communication mobile to mobile"

So a simple question.......At what stage would the "Server" tell "you" to contact me?"

awaiting reply :smiley-violent003:;)

As no point collecting data if you don't do anything with it

awaiting reply

As no point collecting data if you don't do anything with it

"It would, as you know not react, so your point is made. What I was trying to indicate is that there is data flow between box & server that is constant & regular & to which there is no bearing on client SMS usage.

Kind regards,

Tom."

I got the same reply as your 2nd one.

Total inability of Octo to admit liability for their system not working, "it wisnae me" seems to be their line.

The problem is obviously between the Octo server and their comms company not sending us texts - but he won't even say they are working to resolve a known issue!

He's just speaking in riddles.

When I asked about a refund? Can you make head or tail of this...

Communication with your MetaSat system does not simply rely on SMS communication mobile to mobile. Indeed there is no direct communication from mobile to box, all communication is directed through our server & it is here specifically where we are reliant entirely on telecoms networks (outside of our control). As I have advised, we are, in most circumstances, able to obtain a live vehicle position, indicating that server to box, communication, is unaffected & operating normally. There is obviously a cost element to all forms of communication / data flow & any top-up credit made, contributes, in part, to this.

Kind regards,

Tom Treacy.

So Mr Tom, am I getting my money back or nae cos yer system's nae working? :smiley-violent003:

my reply I got today....

Further to your email, the current communication issue you are experiencing concerns either the non-delivery or delayed delivery of messages sent & consequently may well be related to telecoms network issues (outside of our control). We are continuing to investigate nevertheless, & will update you accordingly where possible.

Kind regards,

Tom Treacy.

I got the same reply as your 2nd one.

Total inability of Octo to admit liability for their system not working, "it wisnae me" seems to be their line.

The problem is obviously between the Octo server and their comms company not sending us texts - but he won't even say they are working to resolve a known issue!

He's just speaking in riddles.

When I asked about a refund? Can you make head or tail of this...

So Mr Tom, am I getting my money back or nae cos yer system's nae working? :smiley-violent003:

Just my 2p........oldman.gif

From what I'm hearing the charges levied cover the system upkeep and cost of sms communications they send to us. Whether or not you request sms status messages its going to cost you €100/year.

Whilst the sms part of the system is down it still monitors the car like any other tracker does (requiring an end user input to activate should it be stolen etc.). I assume if you have any worries a call to Customer Services would get you a system status report.

Yes the sms system is good and very convenient (when it's working) but isn't the be all and end all.