Club Name Change

The bugeye is the one that usually gets slagged off. I got used to it.

Why should you?

What gives others the right to slag anyone or their cars off?

Only other Subaru I like is the Hawk & I think that is a dated relic of the 'cold war' but I don't slag anyone for having one with childish comments.

Yes I did have a hawk! I just prefer a more modern inertia.

Each to their own personal taste but to poke jokes all the time is a pain in the erse & not welcomed!

Its about time people stood up and voiced their objections or it just keeps going on!

Bite on that!

On here I find it is mainly just banter rather than slagging off. I get it from my mates, but agin it is just for the banter.

But I do come accross people from time to time who really slag the car off. But hey, it is my car, my choice, my money and I am happy with it. Would I like a newer one? yes? Can I afford it? no, can I justify it for a second/fun car? no.

:Scottish-flag:

However, it is still the same club, so off to renew my membership now.

Now back showing as a member :Scottish-flag: , although with the strange side effect of my user name changing to all lowercase, all by itself. Spooky!

Banter is one thing but all the time every time there is a meet or gathering then its most definitely pissing annoying.

No offence taken Davey just given everyone a heads up.

I don't harbour a grudge, would just rather clear things up than sit quiet :)

Inertia is probably right as i am way too fat right now :( bloody wife using me a taste tester for cupakes......... the bounty ones are killers!

tomato2.gif

friends.gif

P.s. A friend on mine who currently drives a Seat Leon keeps saying he likes the hatch.. Anyone fancy taking him for a pax ride at alford this year to scare the bejesus out of him? :D

Edited by ScoUK

Straying a wee bit from topic are we not...? :icon_joker:

Arch makes a fair point re 22B... but I'd be interested to see the 22B membership figs and demographics. I rather suspect the audience is considerably narrower as it tends to attract a more techy/ race-orientated punter (IMHO).

By comparison to Impreza, the "Cupra" mark has applied to several SEAT models, at least one of which is still available from new.

As per the name change, we're just trying to keep things broad and offer a little something for everyone. :icon_salut:

Call it stupid... call it what you will... but I'm grateful for criticism being kept constructive ;)

There will be arguments all day long for and against the name change. Evolution is progress how many of us will eventually end up with a brz will that mean you can't join because it's the impreza drivers club . If your a new person to forums and don't know what there about would you join the Subaru imprezas drivers club if you've just bought a brz , leggie or fozzie probably not as you don't own an impreza so know know any better . Subaru marks are changing the club needs to move along with this to keep it relevant and attract new members .

Kenny

I'm sure it will be discussed at he AGM today but if not, worthwhile having dedicated forum zones for classic, newage, hatch, saloon, BRZ, Forester, Legacy, Justy, Non-Turbo? For any specific questions/ discussuions for each marque :thumbup:

(edited to add: Forgot about the Murtaya's!)

Edited by ScoUK

As discussed at the AGM (and big thanks to those who came along :)) the forums AT THE MOMENT are a bit of a cluttered mess and all a bit fragmented... we intend to tidy up and consolidate things in the short term to make the site less bitty so folk can see what's going on. If there's demand for more subfora thereafter we can accomodate it.

Need tae shore up the foundations a bit afore we stick a skyscraper on it ;). Hope you agree!

Good to hear glynn. i know i still dont venture too much out of the scottish section.

quick browse of the latest topic threads on the main page then straight clicking onto forum and then scotland. Do clik general topic etc but not as often as i just go into scotland.