Club Name Change

Is the name of this place still going to change?

I had held off renewing my membership until it had gone through, as I thought it was imminent and I assumed the renewal pack would reflect the new name (although I still think the proposed new name is just plain daft :blink: ).

Yup Impreza will become International so we can try and get anyone with a Subaru into the club not just Impreza. Personally i don't have an issue with it, hopefully it'll grow the club and bring more members and some different cars in. Lets be honest we already have member with Legacy's, Forresters so i don't see a problem. The more the merrier, can't wait for the fling when we have Forresters, Lagacy's and the odd BRZ along for the trip. :driving:

Might help us fill track days and stands at shows as well. I think the Impreza's will remain the core of the club no matter what we call it.

And i get the feeling much the name change at St James Park..... the die hards will always call it by the old name and not bother with the name change! Demonstartions outside the Chairmans house may be frowned upon..... :icon_joker:

Edited by davey l wrx

Who calls us anything other than 'SIDC' anyway?

It's such a mouthful anyway that it's rare I ever hear us referred to as the 'Subaru Impreza Drivers' Club' (and yes, the grammar IS right lol ;) )

As Frenchy says anyway, all members will be getting sent stickers so I wouldn't see that as reason not to renew...

...as a heads up, keep an eye out for the next TG to see the rebrand in action :)

Yup Impreza will become International so we can try and get anyone with a Subaru into the club not just Impreza. Personally i don't have an issue with it, hopefully it'll grow the club and bring more members and some different cars in. Lets be honest we already have member with Legacy's, Forresters so i don't see a problem. The more the merrier, can't wait for the fling when we have Forresters, Lagacy's and the odd BRZ along for the trip. :driving:

Might help us fill track days and stands at shows as well. I think the Impreza's will remain the core of the club no matter what we call it.

And i get the feeling much the name change at St James Park..... the die hards will always call it by the old name and not bother with the name change! Demonstartions outside the Chairmans house may be frowned upon..... :icon_joker:

:iagree: entirely, if this club aims to continue to exist, which many of you know it nearly didn't this time last year, then with a simple but effective change to the meaning of the acronym it widens the potential membership base by "inviting" owners of other models to the fold. Surely this can only be a good thing.

Regarding "St James' Park" it has been and always will be in my eyes ;):D

:iagree: entirely, if this club aims to continue to exist, which many of you know it nearly didn't this time last year, then with a simple but effective change to the meaning of the acronym it widens the potential membership base by "inviting" owners of other models to the fold. Surely this can only be a good thing.

Regarding "St James' Park" it has been and always will be in my eyes ;):D

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

onwards and upwards, i double agree/second the above, with dave and gus , if it brings more variety , more members and makes the club bigger and more active and freshmeat/blood into the fold then what harm will it do, everyone ive always seen has called it SIDC, other than being at a show and a commentator has shouted out the full name ,

to me it will always be SIDC and il be an impreza driver in it , might just be habbit il call it subaru impreza drivers club .

I had assumed we wouldn't get anything new sent until each renewal, hence I held off as I thought it was imminent. But if stuff is going to be sent out to members with the new identity then, as you say, no reason not to renew now.

I absolutely agree with the reasons with the rebrand. To take the club forward with new interest, members and to give it a future, it is completely correct to open up the club to other models. The STI is now not marketed as an Impreza, the BRZ is here etc etc.

Just think that 'International' is wrong. It makes it sound like an overseas club with no relevance to the UK. Hope I am proved wrong and it brings more interest and members. In fact, there we go, "Subaru Interest and Drivers Club." A club for all those who have an interest in, and drive Subarus!

However, it is still the same club, so off to renew my membership now.

I can see the logic of the arguement but the size and existance of a club is not purely down to a name I think the issues are much much wider than that. If it was purely down to name 22B would not exist as that marque is even rarer than the generic Impreza.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Arch

that being said it may aslo put some people off joining too if its subaru IMPREZA drivers club, they may think well i own a BRZ for example so why join an impreza forum .... but yeah there could be other issues , hopefully time will tell and things will g from strength to strength

Edited by thebigfelly

All that having been said, seatCUPRA.net is a bustling cosmopolitan community with a mix of owners from all across the Seat brand, so there would be an argument for leaving as SImprezaDC?

Not sure what would be best for SIDC tbh, but at least we're trying to widen our target audience, which can only be a good thing :thumbs: .

Edited by phil mc

moi! Nah.. Thought about it. Didn't want to be encouraged add a meaningful reply to this thread.. I've given my views on the whole name change thing once before and promised I woulnd't rant about it again...:thumbup:

With the Club AGM tomorrow I've willing to bet further details will emerge and that things will start progressing not long after :icon_salut:

P.s. Bugeyes! are one of the most important Imprezas ever! Stronger stiffer and safer than a classic, a sutiable update to the series! Also without the bug your wouldn't of had the blob!!! FACT!!.. or as the americans call it "peanut-eye".. Oh! and how many 'British' world champions did the blob give us? None! Let's not mention the number of WRC world chapmions the the Hawk and Hatch provided? :whistle:

I couldn't give a rats left testicle how many WRC championships the Hatch has or has not won......

Fact is the cars [Hatch] are peoples/members cars that they have paid for with their hard earned money and as such don't appreciate the 'antiques road-show' hype/jokes/guff at every turn because some narrow minded 'people' think it's funny!

Game over 5 years is enough & time to grow up!