i had a thread in the for sale section

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange it's in the for sale section rules on Scoobynet.... i checked before i posted.

Computers eh!

They used to. It was implemented about 3 or 4 years ago but was dropped after a few months due to the fact it was as detrimental to the members as the non members. I.e. a member may have been in the market for a certain used part but the non member selling it not being able to start a thread meaning both were impacted.

They did 2 things to solve it

1 - they allowed wanted and general sales to be posted by all users, I believe cars for sale is the only members only section.

2 - They allowed users to become full members for £5 for 10 years.

I've been a full member in the past but I'm unable to use any of the perks. I'd like to think that I've paid my dues in other ways with advise, assistance and a loan of parts over the years.

Maybe I should charge £1 a time from now on?

i had a private message from another user and had it deleted before i could read it, which i am not happy about

is the admin now deleteing posts and see they have removed JCscoobs post which i didnt think was blatant trolling

with whats happened in the deleting the posts and admin changing posts and deleting pm's and the attitude whch has came accross

i'm afraid i WON'Tbe renewing my membership at all, as craig mcd stated, it has left a sour tasted after the conversation we had with robert (sti pretender) when he was getting his car serviced

Edited by Terzo Neil

i had a private message from another user and had it deleted before i could read it, which i am not happy about

is the admin now deleteing posts and see they have removed JCscoobs post which i didnt think was blatant trolling

with whats happened in the deleting the posts and admin changing posts and deleting pm's and the attitude whch has came accross

i'm afraid i WON'Tbe renewing my membership at all, as craig mcd stated, it has left a sour tasted after the conversation we had with robert (sti pretender) when he was getting his car serviced

Nobody, including Admins have access to another users pms.

Must admit i was quite taken aback with the way it seems to have been handled. I was a member in the past, but as my car is off the road at the mo and debatable wether it will go back on it's of no benefit for me to rejoin. I have enjoyed loads of days out, meets, trackdays etc in the past 8 years and met some great guys (and gals).

That said, i was thinking of rejoining anyway to give my support but after reading this thread and seeing how this site (scottish scoobies part) seems to be dying i will be thinking twice and watching, hoping it picks up again, after all the new season is upon us which should help.

Maybe thats the wrong attitude and after all its only £20 but for me its not about the money its about the banter, the comraderie and the way we all help others out if possible but that seems to be slipping away these days.

Johnny

Edited by JohnnyR6

Is this thread really benefiting the club?

We have to listen to our paying members are they are the ones that make this place possible, if they call for change then we have to listen. We are never going to please everyone but hopefully we will please the majority. A mistake was made on the For Sale section as Gus has apologised for already mistakes do happen.

Neil you said in the past that you weren't renewing because you didn't get a benefit from paying now we change the forum to benefit our paying members we get slated. You keep saying you aren't interested in the discounts, trackdays or shows so what benefit would you like to see the club offer that would make it worth paying.

As for the PM mods, admin and the committee can't access these so don't blame us. I will find out if or why the PM was delete and see if it the reason was valid.

Be assure we are putting in a lot of time and hardwork to make the club better.

Now play nice or I want my centre section back. :P

in my emails and notifications on top right of this bb

lets say it was user x

user x has started a personell conversation with you

click on the notification and it states topic is deleted, you cant reply to this message

Neil I had some of these too...when Kenny emailed us about the ring... whenever any of you replied to that it came up with "user x" has started a personal conversation with you although none were actually directed at me but were a reply to the original email..and a few were "deleted" ..... (thats my explanation ) :getmecoat: lol

Can I just add it was about the "Nurburgring" :P

Edited by Midnight21

We have to listen to our paying members are they are the ones that make this place possible, if they call for change then we have to listen. We are never going to please everyone but hopefully we will please the majority. A mistake was made on the For Sale section as Gus has apologised for already mistakes do happen.

Neil you said in the past that you weren't renewing because you didn't get a benefit from paying now we change the forum to benefit our paying members we get slated. You keep saying you aren't interested in the discounts, trackdays or shows so what benefit would you like to see the club offer that would make it worth paying.

Be assure we are putting in a lot of time and hardwork to make the club better.

Now play nice or I want my centre section back. :P

it would be nice to know what changes are going to happen first before they happen, so we can make our own minds up first, if willing to stay or move on.

as for not renewing the membership, been an active supporter over the years, not intersted in track days, done that for 5 years competeing in the scottish sprint championship, won a few trophies and awards, spent loads doing it, not interested in discounts as you know i get good deals on servicing for my cars,the last show was for the picture for the mag at knockhill hairpin, was actually bored stiff after an hour being there and wanted to f... off but couldnt get out, would have cut my wrists as it would have been better fun

dont think the club can offer me anything for the membership, i would have been going to the nurburgring again this year with or without kenny wrx organising it

as you know, myself and craig mcd was nearly going to renew membership as he said this now leaves a bitter taste as he has put it

Said Committee member should've kept their mouth shut the because it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. I would go as far as saying that if I find who it was chatting such shit I'll be having words at the AGM.

That said, what the **** are you all whining about - you've been told time and time again, support the club or lose it. As a result, the f/s and wanted areas were restricted in order to encourage more member sign ups and renewals - it's working AND WILL NOT BE CHANGING. it's for the good of the club and I can't see, going by your comments, how any one of you can take issue with that.

Every single one of you were given the opportunity to contribute to the running of the club and it's future direction and the vast majority couldn't be arsed - how is that our ****ing fault?!? You were all also given opportunity to vote in the survey, very few bothered with that either.

THE RESULTS OF THE SURVEY WERE PUBLISHED IN TRUE GRIP IN THEIR ENTIRITY.

It's attitudes like this that make me wonder why the **** I bother. I'm away for a week now so feel free to bitch and moan all you like.

Just try and remember, there's a LOT happening within the club over the coming year - all for YOUR benefit. Because it hasn't been announced yet, doesn't mean it's not happening.

**Is this thread really benefiting the club?**

That would be a definite NO Robert.

Andy's wee reply wasn't very beneficial either sadly.

Having read the whole post for the first time i can see both the pros and cons for the changes to the for sale section etc.

I don't see why the old posts were deleted from the for sale section as they were not doing any harm whether it was by a paid member or non menber as they were active before the changes.

At the end of the day the the club/forum is here for everyone (paying and non members) to benefit from the bank of knowledge held between the community. I have been helped out countless times in the past whenever i have had problems with my scoob and if it wasnt for the folk using the forum i would probably still be sitting scratching my head.

I think the £20 for membership is very reasonable and if my scoob doesnt sell within the next month i will be keeping it and becoming a paid member. Not that i am able to benefit from most of the perks you get from being a paid member, but the fact that its all the £20's thats spent that keeps the club alive and keeps the forum running.

Joe

Putting it politley its a rubbish idea tbh.

Less posts and forum not as usefull as it was. This will mean less users (paid and unpaid) and therefore less revenue.

Club needs to get back to what it used to be, which is busy first and foremost.

From what i heard offline roberts original idea of restarting seemed a reasonable idea, divide the debt by your 20 quid and its how many upaid members required :o

Shocking to see long term members treated the way the have been in this thread. Remember jc doing a nice bbq at crail for us with proper non-supermarket grub(2006) :)

Shocking to see long term members treated the way the have been in this thread. Remember jc doing a nice bbq at crail for us with proper non-supermarket grub(2006) :)

;) with my own money, not any club money and not once did i ask if anyone was paid up members !!

WTF are you spending the money on ? can you answer that question ?

for me the club/forum took a serious nose dive when the banter police put a stop the fun... i remember some/most nights i used to be in stitches at some of the banter that went on .... now it'd all doom and gloom, no wonder its going down the tubes !!!

Firstly, apologies for the expletives in my earlier post - it wasn't neccessary and there are more reasonable ways of expressing my frustration so again, please accept my apologies.

That said, I still stand my my original point, and my frustraion stems from the fact that every one of you were given the opportunity to either express your thoughts and/or get involved to make a difference. We can only go on the opinions expressed before a decision is made, we have no magic crystal ball - we can't predict what's going to happen or if someone will disagree with a decision.

Time and time again we see the same pattern, members (and quite rightly non-members) will be asked for input or their opinion on a matter and the response isn't exactly forthcoming. Only once said decision is made do members pipe up with their concerns.

Every one of the committee care deeply about the club and sometimes, as a result, it's difficult to restrain that. There's not one committee member who hasn't gone out of their way to do their absolute best for the club with nothing but good intentions so it's incredibly frustrating to see those good intentions called into question over what was essentially a mistake.

Again, apologies for the expletives, I tend not to post on the off the cuff but the earlier posts truck a chord.

im really fed up of all this, why dont we just all pull our 20 quid out of the club let it go down the pan - if theres no where to sell our stuff, no meets to go to, no runs, no track days then theres nothing for anyone to complain about

all i want is to have banter, get some advice and enjoy driving the car with other fruitbats and if all thats getting too blinking hard whats the point