i had a thread in the for sale section

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem to matter anymore regarding how long you've been on the forums, how many times you've been a paid up member in the past or how much you've contributed to the club over the years etc....

It's pay up or become a noobie?

I fully understand the club needs funding so we can all be here but perhaps just as much thought should go into keeping existing users as trying to gain new ones.

Yes, it's only £20 but if some people feel they don't like the way the club is heading or being run etc why should they part with their hard earned.

I'm guessing all the Mods, Admin etc are fully paid up and have been over the years or do they get their membership status for helping out run the forums etc ?

I'm guessing all the Mods, Admin etc are fully paid up and have been over the years or do they get their membership status for helping out run the forums etc ?

Oh yes fully paid up, I/they just put a lot more personal time into the well being of the forums.

If there are concerns or any issues with how the forums are being managed then please speak up , we cant fix it if we don't know its broke.

A PM would certainly go a long way.

Del

The whole for sale section has went all to f@#k, since the power has went to mods heads, it used to be one of the best/busiest parts of scottish scoobys but now its just shat,,, well done guys you've managed to f@#k that right up !!!

SORT IT OUT !!!!!!

LOL, something along the lines of where i was going to start with Jon. Ended up editing it to be more delicate. :lol:

Del, i've PM'd folk in the past and voiced certain concerns over the years but sadly came to nothing bud. The only replies i've had in the past dodge the more important questions and get brushed under the carpet so to speak. After a while you tend to give up...sadly.

You buy a membership and are told it's your club etc but very seldomly do you get any say on what's going on or get the feeling of being involved in any way.

It's always been more about the Mods views... end of.

As i said it is the admins & committee that make up the rules, us power hungry mods only follow the rules & are directed to do so by aforementioned committee members that make up the rules....

Frankly i really couldn't give a flying hoot what anyone thinks! It's a completely thankless task being a mod

If you don't like it hoot off or go higher up the tree into committee territory

As i said it is the admins & committee that make up the rules, us power hungry mods only follow the rules & are directed to do so by aforementioned committee members that make up the rules....

Frankly i really couldn't give a flying hoot what anyone thinks! It's a completely thankless task being a mod

If you don't like it hoot off or go higher up the tree into committee territory

:icon_pray:

I think folk use the term Mods loosely Del. They probably do mean Committee/Admin.

Your reply doesn't really go down too well though bud. As for "If you don't like it hoot off "

Going by the lack of forum users atm, i think they already have lol

Just noticed your reply Andy...

Nuff said.

Edited by StrikE

I think folk use the term Mods loosely Del. They probably do mean Committee/Admin.

Your reply doesn't really go down too well though bud. As for "If you don't like it hoot off "

Going by the lack of forum users atm, i think they already have lol

Just noticed your reply Andy...

Nuff said.

Wish i could say sorry but i'm not, it is not a direct comment aimed at you personally either :thumbup:

Folk have been leaving or being inactive on here for years and months & it's not changed much for the better of late.

There was a plan well before crimbo but that seems to have been lost along the way.......

I don't know, i just come on here for the genuine banter.... highland fling, local meets etc.

Life is too short & time is so precious to worry about an 'online forum'

I'm out.

handbags.jpg

lol !!

Strike the "mod" thing isn't directed at you its at whoever is responsible for ruining the for sale section !

frank thanks for asking mate were all getting on just sound the boys are getting big and cheeky now .. lol pay back time i reckon :P

how are you getting lad ?

frank thanks for asking mate were all getting on just sound the boys are getting big and cheeky now .. lol pay back time i reckon :P

how are you getting lad ?

Good to hear Jon. Just doing away quietly bud. Like most folk, just trying to justify keeping the RA and spending more on it bla bla bla.... Just bought a cdb right enough!! lol

Pay back indeed :lol:

ok knowing this has been brewing for a while and knowing something of what goes on behind the scenes its pretty simple - whatevers gone on before rightly or wrongly, the club is hugely in debt and if there isnt a massive increase in memberships then there will be no club within a couple of months so its pretty much up to us guys out there, pitch in or watch it die. all committee members,ro's and even the chairman pay full membership.

do i agree with all the changes being made? nope but at least changes are being made to try and improve things - they wont always be right but thats life

RO's like me and mods like Del put a lot of effort into these forums and we dont get a thing out of it - we have no more say in the running of the club than any other member, we dont get any rewards and not often thanks, we just do it because we love the marque, the banter and the people we meet

so lets all chill, have a beer and go for a drive in the morning - who's with me? :occasion14:

if there isnt a massive increase in memberships then there will be no club within a couple of months

Nice post and very welcome.

Sounds worrying though, to say the least!

Good to read a *straight to the point* reply for a change. It's been a long time coming and well appreciated.

Let's hope there's more to come ;)

Seems there's been a conscious effort to alienate non-paying members into becoming paid-up members – exclusion from the buy/sell threads, description changed from 'established user' to 'non-member'. A wee bit cynical IMO, and — I'm slightly ashamed to say — a wee bit 'Scottish' in attitude too (I say that as a Scotsman) :mellow:

Actually, when the membership fee was reduced to £20 I was all-too-happy to join, but that apparently was going to involve raising tickets with the admin, etc. C'mon guys, it's one thing asking me for my money, but don't ask me to have to work to give it to you!!! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong – other than that, SIDC is still a useful source of knowledge and a good place to hang out – but its members — paid up or not — make it what it is as much as any admin or technical effort (not that the latter isn't appreciated).

:thumbup:

the club is hugely in debt and if there isnt a massive increase in memberships then there will be no club within a couple of months

Appreciate your candidness Dave, and I have £20 waiting right here, but please make it easy for me to part with it and please don't ask me to raise a ticket with admin...

I hope to get more than two months out of it, mind you! ;)

so lets all chill, have a beer and go for a drive in the morning - who's with me? :occasion14:

I'd be right with you if I didn't have an unpluggable puncture in one of my tyres (just when the half-decent weather arrives..... aaaaaaaaaargh!!!) :brickwall:

Nice post and very welcome.

Sounds worrying though, to say the least!

Good to read a *straight to the point* reply for a change. It's been a long time coming and well appreciated.

Let's hope there's more to come ;)

Exactly Frank!

Hopefully after the coming AGM the club will be a little more open and honest with the members so they know the state / condition of the finances and this my help drum up support for the club!

I became a member again after the price was dropped even though my car has been off the road for 18 months but i really dont see the benefit or saving to be had from the changes in the for sale and wanted section. If there had been complaints of people being ripped off then i could understand but when was the last time this happened on here? If the motive is to make people become members so they can sell stuff then i will be interested to see if this works.

I have made some good friends on here over the years and hope this will continue :beer:

Appreciate your candidness Dave, and I have £20 waiting right here, but please make it easy for me to part with it and please don't ask me to raise a ticket with admin...

I hope to get more than two months out of it, mind you! ;)

I'd be right with you if I didn't have an unpluggable puncture in one of my tyres (just when the half-decent weather arrives..... aaaaaaaaaargh!!!) :brickwall:

the admin may not like me saying it out loud but its becoming a big issue and you guys need to know - we're all big boys now :)

if your struggling i can lend you a set of standard gold ones - theyre no use to me once i get the new brakes on :D

and il make it painless for you to part with your £20 - just paypal me at dave222..... promise il make sure the club gets it.....;)