V-power Where

I filled up last night at Cairn Lodge(aka Happendon). It was £1.25/litre :)

I also had the forethought to ask the cashier how much stock they had.

Scottish 20 year old lassie.

"Pump 4?"

"F**k knows pal, but since I'm THE only car on the forecourt I hope so!"

"Sixty something ..... enter your pin"

"Do you know how much Vpower you have in stock?"

Eyes roll into back of head, thinks to herself - he's asked a question! "How?"

"There seems to be a national shortage, I just wondered if you knew how much you had?"

Another incredible delay while she computed this. I actually looked over the counter to see if she was plugged in! "Vpower?"

Now I thinks to myself - wish I'd never asked "Goodbye"

As I strolled out came this statement "We've got hunners! Noone ever buys Vpower cause it's so dear!"

So there :D

Anyone needs it: Cairn Lodge has hunners!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No shortage in my neck of the woods... still available in Perth and at my usual fill-up in Kirkcaldy they're ADVERTISING the damn stuff!

Perhaps if they didn't sell it at £1.20/L they wouldn't have to!

"And no I DON'T want a figging Ferrari glass for the THIRD time this week you pillock!"

Strewth!

No shortage in my neck of the woods... still available in Perth and at my usual fill-up in Kirkcaldy they're ADVERTISING the damn stuff!

Perhaps if they didn't sell it at £1.20/L they wouldn't have to!

"And no I DON'T want a figging Ferrari glass for the THIRD time this week you pillock!"

Strewth!

And why do you not want one of these fine glasses young man?????????

They will help you to drink faster......... B)

Kenny

welll had no choice to use my most local station in polbeth near west calder and was robbed for £1.29.9 a litre shocking!!!

neil

That's my local too, but I never ever go into it.

The lizzie brice is only 3 miles or so further so always go there (just remember to use cash and never a card though B) )

I filled up at the Lizzie yesterday morning too.

Back in the day when I used to use petrol before switching to vegetable oil I used to run mine on Tescos 99, always felt smoother that V-Power and a few p cheaper too!!

Graeme

I always use Tesco 99 too, I used to use V power but mine really does feel a lot smoother with T99. It used to splutter sometimes with V Power. Also my knock level meter tends to flutter a bit with V Power but never moves using Tesco 99. B)

I always use Tesco 99 too, I used to use V power but mine really does feel a lot smoother with T99. It used to splutter sometimes with V Power. Also my knock level meter tends to flutter a bit with V Power but never moves using Tesco 99. B)

I've used either Tescos 99 or V-Power for a few years now and not noticed much difference to be honest.

Now that you mention it though , having run the jalopy on Tescos for the last week or 2 , it does seem to be pulling rather well ....

Al.

I've used either Tescos 99 or V-Power for a few years now and not noticed much difference to be honest.

Now that you mention it though , having run the jalopy on Tescos for the last week or 2 , it does seem to be pulling rather well ....

Al.

You see, I was getting rather bemused about the whole Tesco 99 V's V Power thing as I really didn't think there woukld be any difference and I was getin sick of people sayin 'oh you've got to use V Power blah blah blah' so I did some research. I could only find one company who have thoroughly tested both in a controlled environment. Can't remember the company but i'm sure I could find it again if anyone wants to read it themselves. Thing is every test they ran Tesco 99 came up the winner.

Just sayin is all.

B)

The stanlow refinery that makes V power, is currently shutdown for an MOT as shell are preparing to sell it, or so I have been told. Rumours liek that tend to float around the ex Shell north sea platforms.

Also heard that there was a pipe rupture.

So who knows B)

You see, I was getting rather bemused about the whole Tesco 99 V's V Power thing as I really didn't think there woukld be any difference and I was getin sick of people sayin 'oh you've got to use V Power blah blah blah' so I did some research. I could only find one company who have thoroughly tested both in a controlled environment. Can't remember the company but i'm sure I could find it again if anyone wants to read it themselves. Thing is every test they ran Tesco 99 came up the winner.

Just sayin is all.

B)

Was it Thorney Motorsport?

Was it Thorney Motorsport?

Yes that's the one, they did a very thorough test over a long period of time and in different conditions to make sure the testing was fair.

Overall Tesco 99 came out on top.

Fair enough though they did that test with a lightly tuned M3 not a Scoob but it still has to count for something.

Yes that's the one, they did a very thorough test over a long period of time and in different conditions to make sure the testing was fair.

Overall Tesco 99 came out on top.

Fair enough though they did that test with a lightly tuned M3 not a Scoob but it still has to count for something.

Small coincidence that Tesco 99 sponsor them to the hilt?

I did my own mini trial last year.. ran T99 for a month or two just to see if I noticed a difference.

Decided that T99 did as others have said make the car feel smoother.. But it didn't quite seem as lively at the top end.. Vpower felt a bit rougher (relatively speaking) but seemed to pack a bit more punch and responsiveness when "playing".

Also decided that Vpower was slightly better mpg than T99 but with t99 being so much cheaper it was the better value for money..

What am I runnign these days? Vpower.. Felt like I got a coupel bad batches of T99 at one point. But not had any trouble with the Vpower at my local station.. Having said that, I've had a couple bad batches of Vpower from other stations out and about..

Conclusions.. No outright winner. each seemed to give feelings in the car.. T99 was cheaper but watchout for groggy fuel. With Vpower you have the Vpower points card... With T99 you get clubcard points...

Car needs a fill up tonight and if local station is out of Vpower it'll be T99.. Unless their out too in which case I've got a couple bottles of Octane Booster with me B)

V power is available in the station next to PC World in Edinburgh according to the guy who just picked up the brakes I had on Ebay. It is a UK shortage apparently. No problem for me now with my non-modified, non-exciting, non turbo Sport now lol

And thats what I like about keith's Shell Station, they are not in any way retards, and you can gennerally get a bit of banter with them... B) (Oh, and their prices are not complete b******s either...)

in other news, I've used T99 and I wasn't overly impressed, so I just stick with V-Power, each to their own though... v-power is also easier to get versus the 1 station in Aberdeen that sells T99, there's no question really... (especially as I'm not keen on mixing my fuel all the time)

Edited by thefastone

talking to the owner of my local shell garage last night , they were under the impression shell are changing the alcohol content of v power which is why there is a national shortage , it will still be sold and not taken of the market as some people think .

kenny

Contacted Shell yesterday and got this response.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to unforeseeable circumstances, we are currently experiencing a temporary disruption in the supply of Shell V-Power gasoline. We are doing all we can to resume supply of Shell V-Power gasoline, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you require any further information or assistance do not hesitate to contact us on the numbers given above/below.

Regards,

Imee Goico

Shell Customer Service Centre