Never Quite Made It To Crail!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neils going to try and nip in tomorrow and see if theres any obvious signs of cause i.e hole in block

if it wasn't for your "almighty bang" comment I'd have bet on it being a popped fuel hose.

I had the same happen to me at a central meet after not flaring my fuel pipes after a par fuel rail mod. I had a trail of petrol a foot wide behind the car and when I pulled into the subaru dealers in falkirk (can't remember the name) I has plumes of what looked like white smoke coming out of my scoop and vents. Turns out it was petrol vapour after I'd soaked my headers, turbo etc.

I was lucky and things could have went very different.

Be careful out there people.

What does this mean? I may be going for fuel rail modifications sometime in the future so any info much appreciated :)

Cheers

Rich

Changing the routing of the pipework so that the fuel flows in parallel instead of in the factory design which feeds the injectors in series. This involves some butchery of the std pipework to make this mod and once the pipework is cut it needs reflared to allow the jubilee clip to get a good grip/seal

Coulty's incident comes to mind at Charing Cross

Anyone with anything non std in the fuel system should have it checked by an appropriate engineer

Only the brave went into to check Playsatans car at Falkirk when it developed a small puddle

Changing the routing of the pipework so that the fuel flows in parallel instead of in the factory design which feeds the injectors in series. This involves some butchery of the std pipework to make this mod and once the pipework is cut it needs reflared to allow the jubilee clip to get a good grip/seal

Anyone with anything non std in the fuel system should have it checked by an appropriate engineer

Only the brave went into to check Playsatans car at Falkirk when it developed a small puddle

Cheers Grant,

it was the reflaring of the pipes I was querying, got an explination from paul555sti so cheers lads. :)

Coulty's wasn't due to not flaring the pipes. One of his fuel pipes burst.

Johnny