Never Quite Made It To Crail!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Really sorry to see the car go like that Jim, it was really really well done. Had a fire quite a few years ago, so know what it's like to watch a couple of years work go in minutes!!!

Hope you pick up something nice to replace it

All the Best

Mike

cheers mike,42 days after notifying insurance and still no joy ;)

took the assesor 28 days to notify insurance that he couldn't determine cause of fire :rotfl:

Erm, was it Mr Magoo they sent out with Stevie Wonder giving a second opinion

looks like it mate,better than that is the fact that the next step was to write to the fire brigade to see if they could tell them how the fire started.apparantly they are pretty good at diagnosing the cause of car fires when they turn up after 40 mins :rotfl:

looks like it mate,better than that is the fact that the next step was to write to the fire brigade to see if they could tell them how the fire started.apparantly they are pretty good at diagnosing the cause of car fires when they turn up after 40 mins :rotfl:

How about informing the ombudsman of thier incompetence and shocking timescale

Was it dick turpin (infamous HIGHWAYman) insurance again Jim?

no mate km have started using another company for modified cars now

as well as above mentioned.

contacting the fire brigade is standard procedure if cause of fire is unknown,its the time taken

thats p***in me off

Jim sorry iv not posted sooner but i just found out about this tonite! P!sh news mate i realy liked that car, i am truly gutted for you and the car. Hats of to you in the way you have handled the whole situation ;) .

Goodluck with getting the formality's sorted :rotfl:

• 2 weeks later...
Jim sorry iv not posted sooner but i just found out about this tonite! P!sh news mate i realy liked that car, i am truly gutted for you and the car. Hats of to you in the way you have handled the whole situation B) .

Goodluck with getting the formality's sorted :)

cheers john

quick update ehh...still waiting :o

Thats shocking mate!

It just shows that although we think we are all getting a great deal with some of these companies, you don't know what they are like until you try to claim.

Hopefully you get it sorted out soon.

too true paul,all investigations have now been done but file has been lying on an

insurance managers desk now for a week waiting on the go ahead to make an offer :o

My mate had a honda type r powered lotus elise that was his road car but he also raced on the lotus on track series. He had an agreed value policy because fitting the engine to the car had cost so much and added value to the car, he wanted to make sure he would at least get his cash back if the worst happened. He paid slightly higher premiums for the policy though.

Good to hear your still keeping yer chin up Jim,

At least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, its just a shame its taken soooo long as you have missed out on a few cracking cars whilst you have been waiting for your cash.

Will give you a shout in a few days once we are back in UK waters

All the best and hope you get sorted soon.

Graeme

My mate had a honda type r powered lotus elise that was his road car but he also raced on the lotus on track series. He had an agreed value policy because fitting the engine to the car had cost so much and added value to the car, he wanted to make sure he would at least get his cash back if the worst happened. He paid slightly higher premiums for the policy though.

unfortunately most insurance companies are not keen on fixed values nowadays due to money laundering/fraud

Good to hear your still keeping yer chin up Jim,

At least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, its just a shame its taken soooo long as you have missed out on a few cracking cars whilst you have been waiting for your cash.

Will give you a shout in a few days once we are back in UK waters

All the best and hope you get sorted soon.

Graeme

no worries graeme,my search has narrowed slightly as i've bought a 6 speed box and 06 jdm block for the next

project so now on the lookout for something with a goosed engine

no worries graeme,my search has narrowed slightly as i've bought a 6 speed box and 06 jdm block for the next

LooooooooooooL, you dont even have a car yet and your modding it already 10/10 for commitment! :):o

unfortunately most insurance companies are not keen on fixed values nowadays due to money laundering/fraud

Have you seen the P1 on scoobynet with the knocking engine?