Alford Today

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending hours yesterday trying to get rid of the mud-bath at the far end of the track (you guys think the dust was bad, you should've seen it before) i was gutted not to be able to make it along today. I felt poorly when i got up yesterday morning and was nearly sick mid-way through trying to clear the mud/dust off the track. Didn't sleep a wink last night and the missus reckons i have the deadliest of flu viruses.... man flu! Disappointing as the car felt pretty good through the couple of cheeky laps JohnS let me have last night. :D

Have to echo the thoughts regarding the construction works at the site. TBH knowing what we paid to hire the venue i don't think the people operating the museum will be too bothered about loosing the SIDC event and/or the Sprints. It's certainly going to be interesting from a logistics POV next weekend.

Good to hear that the fastest car today was actually an Impreza, well done Mr Stevenson! Goes some way to making up for last years embarrasment lol.

100_1676.jpg

Thats a good pic pity my car is the one at the very far end lol. probably better from a distance as my 80odd mile drive there picked up flies mud and even a bird u would think it had never been washed ggrrr

I'm the very proud owner of the best classic trophy :D well chuffed with that.

Brilliant day,thanks to everyone involved in the organising and helping out on the day.

Even got to see my car being thrashed around the track :D even better was that my NON TURBO didn't have the slowest scooby times either...............didn't it Arthur :rotfl:

I have loads of photos will post some when i have them sorted out.

Or was that ONLY classic... :lol: Congrats on that! ;)

Thanks guys, really happy to have another nickname... :rotfl:

As for the winnings donations that we took today, I'll tell you how much when Ive finished counting it, I'm in the middle of that at the moment, but What I'd like to say now is a very big thank you to everyone who made the effort to come to this today, Like I think has been said, the numbers were a little low this year, but perhaps next year... :D

and Like Ari said, a very big thanks to the EVO crowd who came along, and thanks very much for giving so generously!!!!!!!!!! Cant thank you enough guys! (You know who you are!)

I'd also like to say thanks to Terzo Neil, Seafar99 and John for being the only folks from doon sooth to make the journey up, just watching John go around the track today made it worth it, that machine is a BEAST!!!!!! :D

Edited by thefastone

it was funny watching John take out the young marshall, he was shaking like a leaf when he got out the car :D

And Seafar going for **** sake not another rub against the cones :D

it was a pleasure to see the car slide round alford are warp speed. John at his best (lunacy mode)

Thanks guys for presenting me with the trophy for the best New Age Impreza. That was only my second outing with SIDC.

I think I only got the prize because my car was marginally cleaner than the rest.

Hope to see you all again soon.

100_1676.jpg

Thats a good pic pity my car is the one at the very far end lol. probably better from a distance as my 80odd mile drive there picked up flies mud and even a bird u would think it had never been washed ggrrr

Sorry Ciaran, I was looking at your car. Very nice mate. That must've been a fair drive for you today. Glenshee road is always a good'un though! :D

OMFG!

News just in...

£589.09 raised today!!!! I had to check my sums a few times, but I was right, plus there may be a few pounds more after the track has been paid for... plus £35 from Cullenmin from last weekends RR day (With the money from Japerformance to come), and £50? from MrToad, Aberdeen's fund is looking to have an amazing start this year!

VERY WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED!!!! and to everyone who helped out especially, We couldn't do it without you!!!!!! :D :D :rotfl:

Cheers for the comments guys and glad we held off the Evo Hoard !! Couple of really quick cars hampered by problems, I'm sure Stormin' would have been quicker without gear selection issues, lets hope that's fixed before his MLR sSprint round next weekend.

If anyone has any video footage I'd appereciate it as today was about setup on the car and watching from the outside is always a good supliment to the Bum Dyno as to whats happening.

Really enjoyed today, just begining to realise that the car is an Inch wider each side than the old one, but my sense of 'spacial awareness' is still with the old car :D

Criag, I know you've got Feck all better to do, Oh! by the way I've slapped some tile grout on that wee graze, it's all I had in the house, I'm sure its easy to Rub down :D

Keep the pics coming, they're the first I've seen of the car that aren't Static shots !!

---john---

Edited by JohnSt
If anyone has any video footage I'd appereciate it as today was about setup on the car and watching from the outside is always a good supliment to the Bum Dyno as to whats happening.

---john---

Hi John!

Good to meet you today - your car and driving were Awesome :D

I got one of your laps on vid - see below:

http://www.rog.me.uk/Alford%202008.wmv - 70MB Video - Right Click And Save As Please

Cheers :D

Rog