Alford Today

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil - yeah, I fitted a new set of Carbotech XP10 rears on Saturday night and bedded them in for about 100 miles - they went from "painful" to "very loud" :rotfl: By the end of the Sprint they were quiet, but I've ordered up some shims to try to sort it out when cold on road :lol: My front XP10s are silent...

John - yes, I am me :D

Rog :D

Congrats to Mr Stevenson's scoob for teaching the Evo's a thing or two on track (but lets be honest there were 3 very fast Evo's on track that could have taken the crown). My goodness that car is a proper beastie. Thanks to everyone that took the time to organise the event. I would also like to say shame on all those that didn't go - I think a wee donation to the santa cruise wouldn't go a miss. Having said that it was good to catch up with you guys and have a natter in the sunshine. Bring on next year and the scooby might even make an outting on track with a couple of choice mods installed - oh and the standard wheels on.

DC

PS: I'll organise my photos at somepoint and post them up.

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to everyone who came along on the day just to be there, but the biggest thanks must go to all the volunteers who helped out on the day and a massive thanks to those who turned up on the Saturday to help get things set-up.

We faced a few difficulties arriving on site on Saturday to find the main display area out of action, so we compromised and got the best set-up we could under the circumstances. One the building foundations are complete, much of the safety fencing will be moved close the the building, and I believe there will be roads connecting the paddock and the display areas at the bottom. This will make it easier to manage in future years.

Big thanks to all those who gave generously, helping us raise a good total on the day. If T in the park hadn''t been on this weekend, then I'm sure we would have seen a much bigger turnout.

Special mentions to Polished Bliss (www.polishedbliss.co.uk) for donating the prizes for the show and shine winners. Who would have though that JohnSt would ever have a car worthy of winning :thumbup:

Also to Wallace Performance for donating some dyno runs to the fastest Impreza and EVO on the day. I'll be in touch with those who won later this week to sort everything out.

If the Moray region are doing a Santa Cruise type event, then it is only fair that some of the money raised goes to them. As in previous years, the money gets split between all the different regions that help out at the event, as this seems the fairest way ;)

See you all next year (or next week if you are going along to watch the really fast cars on the same track!)

John

Id been speaking to the elgin people previous as you know I was at all their meets for a long time, as I used to live there, and we were talking about running a Santa cruise in Elgin/Inverness, but there's so few guys that they are in fact supporting Aberdeen's Cruise fund.

this is why the donations from the Japerformance RR day, which was being run by Elgin, and NOT Aberdeen, went to the Aberdeen fund also.

Peace. :thumbup:

Oopsy, didna know this :thumbup: oh well ;)

Id been speaking to the elgin people previous as you know I was at all their meets for a long time, as I used to live there, and we were talking about running a Santa cruise in Elgin/Inverness, but there's so few guys that they are in fact supporting Aberdeen's Cruise fund.

this is why the donations from the Japerformance RR day, which was being run by Elgin, and NOT Aberdeen, went to the Aberdeen fund also.

Peace. :o

You mean the sprint John? might just pop along to that, although I suspect it might be a bit messy with the site :thumbup: Might be fun though ;) Anybody else going?

If the Moray region are doing a Santa Cruise type event, then it is only fair that some of the money raised goes to them. As in previous years, the money gets split between all the different regions that help out at the event, as this seems the fairest way :o

See you all next year (or next week if you are going along to watch the really fast cars on the same track!)

John

You mean the sprint John? might just pop along to that, although I suspect it might be a bit messy with the site :thumbup: Might be fun though ;) Anybody else going?

Arthur, yes the sprint is on next weekend. Might be tricky finding a parking space within a mile of Alford, as there's no space for the 50 - 70 trailers any more, but should be worth it. I'll probably just make it on one of the afternoons, weather depending.

John

Arthur, yes the sprint is on next weekend. Might be tricky finding a parking space within a mile of Alford, as there's no space for the 50 - 70 trailers any more, but should be worth it. I'll probably just make it on one of the afternoons, weather depending.

John

Entry for this weekend is 94, Gulp :thumbup: I think we'll be paddocked at the Park and Ride at Kingswells !!!

you there for the sat and sun john? ;)

This weekend is a wee experiment by GAC, normally entry is limited to 70, with both days being a separate event. This weekend Sat is 3 practise, Sun One Practise and then Two Timed runs. So one event over two days allowing a bigger entry.

Getting an entry is becoming a problem in the north these days, GAC are doing this to try to address the issue.

To answer your question, yes, both days :thumbup:

This weekend is a wee experiment by GAC, normally entry is limited to 70, with both days being a separate event. This weekend Sat is 3 practise, Sun One Practise and then Two Timed runs. So one event over two days allowing a bigger entry.

Getting an entry is becoming a problem in the north these days, GAC are doing this to try to address the issue.

To answer your question, yes, both days ;)

cool, im hoping to make the hot marquee trackday on sat (if ian godney gets his finger oot and gets my new discs here on time :thumbup: ) if not ill probably be there both days too :o