Alford Today

Hey all, nice day for the Track at Alford. Lots of Evo's there today!

Pretty dissapointed with the state of the place, personally i think they've done the wrong thing doing away with place that everyone used to park up. Not only for cars but all the stalls etc.. that are there for the Bike show aswell. :D

Anyway i seen a lot of keen photographers there so there should be plenty of pics up! :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, nice day for the Track at Alford. Lots of Evo's there today!

Pretty dissapointed with the state of the place, personally i think they've done the wrong thing doing away with place that everyone used to park up. Not only for cars but all the stalls etc.. that are there for the Bike show aswell. :D

Anyway i seen a lot of keen photographers there so there should be plenty of pics up! :D

Hi mate, I've got loads of photo's from today. If no-one has a problem with me showing their Reg plate, I'll try to post some up later.

Was good to meet up with some folk today, some nice cars about.

Some proper fast Evo's around, but good to seeJohn Stevensons keeping them all behind though! :rotfl::lol:

I had a good day out today.

Big thanks to JohnS for organising the event. The sun was even out all day which makes a change from the rain that usually comes down on this event.

I was well impressed with JohnSt's car, that is some machine you got there and you got the driving skills to match. I'm glad you showed up all those evo's as I remember last year the evo's dominated. They must be gutted :D

Shame about the building site in the usual car parking area, kinda split the cars up but hey ho.

Good to meet a few of you guys there and I hope we raised loads of money for santa cruise.

I have some photos and videos but i'll need to pick out some good ones. (especially ScoUk's mishap :D )

Cheers

Rich

Was a good day as always and the weather was kind for once. Poor turnout though, it's a sad day when there's more Evo's at an SIDC event than Scoobs. Guess T in the Park being on this weekend and the late confirmation of the event didn't help (no fault of John's, he's been a busy man).

At last count there was over £300 raised and that was before the shrapnel was included, so not a bad day in that respect at all.

All in all it was a good day - thanks to everybody that turned out and especially those that helped out including non-members and the aberdeen scooby guys, it was MUCH appreciated.

I take my hat off to my missus for having a go at the track, have told her next stop Knockhill (Erm ... in her own car like!) :D but I thought she did rather well, well I got the scoob back in one piece anyways. (Al coming 'off' was just the tonic she needed :D

Got a load of pics, will get them as soon as I can.

Cheers everyone,

Arthur

twas a great day for it and mr stevenson's motor was proper rapid spoke to him after a little misshap earlier in the day with his coolant. Feel free to fire up pics im fine with plates showing. Saw a few people having a moment including a marshall!! and a guy in an R33 skline having a major moment but getting away with it.

I had a brilliant run home via Glenshee had a bit of banter with a skyline R33 GTR although i believe he was mearly teasing me. I was not brave enough for the track maybe next time when the new bits are fitted

I will fire up pics during top gear.

Edited by Ciaran

Yeah was a good day given the circumstances.. That new building it's goign to completely destroy that place! Not just as a SIDC event but I think the sprint championship guys are in for a shock when they are there next weekend...!!

Nice to see a few new faces I've not seen before... Sorry for not being able to "mingle" too much with my local Moray guys.. A R/O, just felt the need to help out with the marshalling this year...

AciD, remember to send me your address and sticker requirements and I'll get them in the post for ya!

The turnout was a shame.. Plenty cars on track but as mentioned above for a SIDC event we really should of had more there.. Never mind.. This year was fairly last minute for organising them the punch in teh face when we opened the gates yesterday to find a building site! Thankfully all wen't well..

I don't want to start a feud or anythign but whatever the cost is for access to that place they will need to drop it in teh future IMHO for lack of space.. having the cars split up so much at other ends of the track isn't great.. But that's just my view.. The best job was done with what we had to work with.. :D

Yeah the little excursion onto the grass obviously wasn't planned.. I really gotta stop taking part in these event where there are moving cars... Keep breaking mine... :D Fortuantely only a wee scrape on the splitter at the off side.. Nothing more...

LOoking back I should have rolled my car into the show n' shine area for a laugh.. Wouldn't have expected anything but should of put it through just to build up scooby numbers... Never mind...

Your spot on about the building work Al, totally ruins the layout of the place, anyone idea what it's going to be ? The amount of dust on the track as well was unreal, must admit I thought there was going to be more "offs" due to that !

I'd like to give a big thumbs up the the MLR guys for the more than generous donations, much appreciated guys :D

Edited by kloon
The Glory Moment;-

Oh FFS!!

Euan not looking too happy there... wonder why..... :D

Stunning shots! Really sharp! Any chance you can send me full res versions of those? If I use them on a website anywhere at any time I'll be sure to give you credit for the photos!

Your spot on about the building work Al, totally ruins the layout of the place, anyone idea what it's going to be ?

It's aworkshop for the Museum.. So it's goting be be a HUGE permanent building which is slap bang int eh middle of the presentation area! I can't see how they plan to keep hosting events with that there to be honest...

Cracking shots BigAl, nice to meet you today. (Ari)

Cheers mate, you too. thanks for letting me tag along with you guys from Aberdeen.

I've got some more pics to stick on, just loading them onto Photobucket. Got loads of the Evo's and a few more of some nice scoobs :-)

I've got one somewhere of the Exige, post-nailing the Traffic cone. (Sporting a nice orange splat on his front bumper!)

aye how come i never met him today? :D

put two new faces to names though, glad to meet sco uk and cullenmin, aright min :D

Sorry Dunc, never came and said hello. That was me in the Blue GB270. I had to leave around 1330. Did ye get oot on the track later on?

Al

nae probs, will get them sent to begining of week - yeah, Euan did mutter something about 'getting his own back' hmmm

Oh FFS!!

Euan not looking too happy there... wonder why..... :D

Stunning shots! Really sharp! Any chance you can send me full res versions of those? If I use them on a website anywhere at any time I'll be sure to give you credit for the photos!