The Official 2008 F1 Season Thread

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW had to be running Kubica's car light surely?

Looking good for a decent race tomorrow.

Yeah the new qualifying format doesn't always show a car or driver's true colours. I suppose that helps to spice it up a bit but its a shame F1 needs gimmicks to make it more exciting, still it fails though.

Bit of a boring race after all. The Button/Coulthard stramash, and Alonso's brake-testing Lewis was the only slightly interesting incidents.

ITV's coverage was quite poor too - although that MAY be partly due to whoever they were getting the feed from (host broadcasters I assume).

Bit of a boring race after all. The Button/Coulthard stramash, and Alonso's brake-testing Lewis was the only slightly interesting incidents.

ITV's coverage was quite poor too - although that MAY be partly due to whoever they were getting the feed from (host broadcasters I assume).

Agreed with your points and perhaps would add the start off as well to the "interesting incidents". ITV are at the mercy of the local broadcaster, they are always complaining about it when the director cuts to the "wrong" scene. Was good to see Hamilton's race ruined at such an early stage. saved us having to listen to that muppet Allen go on and on and on about him. Two shocking errors by him though - bogged down at the start and then rear-ending Alonso - luvely!

• 3 weeks later...

BTTT for:

Barcelona GP

In a race that is more often than not won by the pole-sitter, Lewis Hamilton has had to settle for 5th on the grid while Kimi Riakonen stuck it on pole. David Coulthard continues to dissapoint: while third fastest in morning practice, he failed to make the cut in Q1, blaming traffic. Here's an idea David: DON'T pin your hopes on on last flying lap, that way, if you do hit traffic, you can get another go at it.

Barcelona is not one of the over taking circuits (are there any?) so I can't see being anything other than a dissapointing procession for the race.

Edited by TheWelsho

just finished watching qualifying just now, highlight of it was watching Alonso`s pit crew celebrating getting pole for the whole of two seconds before being knocked off :D:P

The Mclarens just dont seem to be cutting it with the big boys anymore though :driving:

would quite like mclaren to win it TBH, last season was a good change with two teams competing till the last race :D

who won pal :thumbup:

i think its pretty boring tbh, not enough proper racing for my liking. would rather watch touring cars or bikes :D

• 2 weeks later...