The Official 2008 F1 Season Thread

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a wet gp would make for a very interesting race... although you woner just how much less fuel the ferrari cars were running to do those times.

true, they did look alot lighter than the mclarens, however Ferrari are usually spot on with there pit stops and fuelling unlike Mclaren who made quite a few mistakes last season

i expected them to do something about the slow cars on the track but didn't expect them to actually do anything about it this race. its true though if you watch the replay the mclarens were the only cars on the racing line going slow when passes so it is fair in a way.

adds a whole new twist to the gp.

yup gonna make things more intresting now :P

Can't belive I got up early to watch this mince, should've stayed in my bed. Not one incident of note and hardly and noteworthy pass - F1 returns to its usual standards - utterly boring. I have had a better time with the toothache. :P

Renamed. Was a good idea JC.

Dull race it has to be said. Ferrari are the smart money for the season I think. Anyone else getting pleasure from wee Alonso fighting over the mid field placings?

Also - was Jenson Button even there, don't think I know what the Honda 2008 livery is as I've yet to see it on the telly!

Dull race it has to be said. Ferrari are the smart money for the season I think.

dunno about that, if Mclaren hadent been moved back 5 places from there position after the shambles during qualifying then that fooked up pit stop from hamilton at least one of the mclarens would have had a podium me thinks

well honda are due another aerodynamics change on the car which should add more time. watching alonso fight it mid pack is good and i wouldnt say it was a completly cack race... yes there was no real challenge for the win however 2 races in a row a ferrari fails to finish due to driver error... Massa up to the job with no driver aids? plenty mid pack fights for points (red bull with a reanult engine fighting the actual reanult team will always be a good battle) and hamilton isn't invincible after all (even he can't do anything if the pit crew mess up) did enjoy him chasing down Trulli the last 8 laps and wonder why he didn't go with the harder compound tyre for the middle stint as he seemed to do better with it.

i think its still going to be a pretty close season.

Also - was Jenson Button even there, don't think I know what the Honda 2008 livery is as I've yet to see it on the telly!

Its some cr4ppy "Earth Car" thing to do with carbon footprints and all that mince. Its a bit like a prostitue promoting purity... utterly rediculous.

however 2 races in a row a ferrari fails to finish due to driver error... Massa up to the job with no driver aids?

yea, no traction control or fancy electrics to keep them pointing in the right direction, i cant wait to see how it goes the first rainy day they come across :P if anything hamilton will have an edge over the vast majority of the others as he just come from a formula without all the fancy electrics before his move to F1, its probably been a long time since some of the others have driven a race car in the wet with out electrical help

i think its still going to be a pretty close season.

me too :P

yea, no traction control or fancy electrics to keep them pointing in the right direction, i cant wait to see how it goes the first rainy day they come across :P

strangly enough im actually wanting a wet gp beacuse of that reason alone. used to hate if it was raining but im desperate for one now lol :P

Two 2nd places for BMW now, they could be a 'real' threat this season. There needs to be more overtaking on track as opposed to in the the pits.

Maybe see a bit more in 2009 when the new laws governing the aerodynamic design of cars comes in. This will see the removal of all these flimsy little fins that you see all over the car used to improved downforce. However, they disrupt the air-flow so badly that the turbulent air coming off of the back of the car badly affects cars following close behind. The makes the car much more unstable and prevents drivers from getting close enough to make a pass. Although, that said, I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Apparently there's an interesting story about Mr Mosely this morning in the News of The World.

If it's true, I wonder if he'll have to go?

Keep us all guessing why don't you!!! Any decent person would have posted up the details! Selfish News Of The World readers, its true what they say about you! :rotfl: