The Official 2008 F1 Season Thread

After not watching the Gp's for a couple of years due to boredom I made a point of getting up at 4am this morning to see what 2008 had in store. Was a great race, the lack of traction control has made it a lot more interesting with proper driving skill rewarded rather than a computer sorting it out.

Lots of incidents/accidents especially the toyota going airborne! although i thought the cars looked really fragile, the slightest bump and the wheels seemed to fall off!

Did anybody hear coulthards post crash interview??.....i was in stitches, couldnt believe what i was hearing! think it was edited out for the replay later on.

Col.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PiFV7i7Kk

Edited by Col 666
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After not watching the Gp's for a couple of years due to boredom I made a point of getting up at 4am this morning to see what 2008 had in store. Was a great race, the lack of traction control has made it a lot more interesting with proper driving skill rewarded rather than a computer sorting it out.

Lots of incidents/accidents especially the toyota going airborne! although i thought the cars looked really fragile, the slightest bump and the wheels seemed to fall off!

Did anybody hear coulthards post crash interview??.....i was in stitches, couldnt believe what i was hearing! think it was edited out for the replay later on.

Col.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PiFV7i7Kk

Agreed, it was a good spectacle for a change. And Coulthard's comments were hilarious! I didn't quiet catch all of it so I rewound it a couple of times till I got the whole thing. Go DC!!!!!

Sky+'d it & watched it when I got up around 9am. An excellent race, full of incidents, and DC's comments about Massa were superb :(

What were Ferrari on though? It's been a long time since they got it SO wrong.

I'd love Lewis to win the championship this year, but I also wish ITV wouldnt make the pre and post race coverage the Lewis show.

Felt a bit sorry for Barrichelo too - looked on for a good points haul until Timo's flying Toyota put the SC out right when he was running on fumes, then dragging his refuellers away with him, then the 10secs stop-go, then excluded at the end for ignoring the pitlane lights.

Sky+'d it & watched it when I got up around 9am. An excellent race, full of incidents, and DC's comments about Massa were superb :(

What were Ferrari on though? It's been a long time since they got it SO wrong.

I'd love Lewis to win the championship this year, but I also wish ITV wouldnt make the pre and post race coverage the Lewis show.

Felt a bit sorry for Barrichelo too - looked on for a good points haul until Timo's flying Toyota put the SC out right when he was running on fumes, then dragging his refuellers away with him, then the 10secs stop-go, then excluded at the end for ignoring the pitlane lights.

To be honest, I feel the same, I kinda like the lad, but I CANNOT bear hearing about him every 30 seconds with James Allan being the worst of all. Every time there is an incident of note, he immediatly turns this in to a "how will this affect Lewis". Things like saying his team mate was protecting him and that is what he will be doing through the year. WHAT? I'm sure this is news to him as I am pretty sure he wants to win the title as well. Best thing would be for James Allan to get sacked, the guy is a muppet. Then and only then can we enjoy (I use the term losely) Formula One instead of Formula Lewis. B)<_<;):D

Going to watch the replay tonight or tomorrow, but pleased Lewis won. Agree about not making it the Lewis show on ITV. Was annoying last year. ITV and the BBC are so guilty of utterly partisan TV coverage. We don't need it. 2+ years ago it was the Jenson Button show, but now it's Jenson WHO? Which admittedly makes me laugh as he was **** anyway.

My fantasy team had a mixed weekend. Heidfeld as a keenly priced driver was an inspired choice, but the Ferrari chassis obviously did piss poor.

Could be an interesting year in F1. Totally agree with the over publicity of Lewis. DC comments are class, that not being the 1st bad language incident! Hope BMW can make a serious challenge and Ross Braun at Honda should make a difference.

GREAT GREAT AND GREAT !!

Sky+'d it so heard the comment - Sheer scottish class !!!!

Missed the comments :( the youtube video has been removed **This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Formula One Management**

Anyone else got it?

was a fantasitc gp and proved who can actually drive without all the driver controlls.

we all knew hamilton was good based on last season but his show in the top gear reasonably priced car and more importantly the gp shows that he truly is a very gifted driver.

looking forward to a good season with the drivers having to adapt to the new setups.

Aye, with Ross Braun at Honda they'll finish 5th instead of 6th in the constructors! Jenson Button is as useful as a chocolate fireguard and Rubens has never had "it" either.

Braun must want a challenge, why else would he leave Ferrari for a 'lesser' team. Honda must see something in Button as they are looking to keep him for another 3 years.

I will be. Hopefully there will be more than 6 finishers this weekend!

I see BBC is going to be showing F1 for the next 5 years starting in 2009 - I hope they keep pretty much the same format as the ITV production, but without James Allen.

Although I don't think a return to Murray Walker is any better.

Who would be your ideal commentating partner alongside Brundle?

I see BBC is going to be showing F1 for the next 5 years starting in 2009 - I hope they keep pretty much the same format as the ITV production, but without James Allen.

and without the bloody adverts too :):hyper::angry::icon_pray::D

i quite enjoyed murray walker TBH, i even liked james allan as well till hamilton came along, then it ended up being the hamilton show (through no fault of his own) i might add, as for brundles partner hmm i duno TBH

You read my mind. Murray was good but too old now. The Radio 5 Live commentator is pretty good, anything is better than JA