Seriously Considering!

I'd strongly recommend a long test drive before buying. The Forester STi does have good straight line speed, but it's not nearly so agile around the corners and under braking. I recently drove a non-STi version for an hour or two, and whilst it was a fine car to drive around town, very civilised etc, it didn't have the poise and stability around higher speed corners that my Impreza has, and didn't feel as sure footed.

Having said that, it is a cracking car, and I wouldn't say no if it enabled me to go from two cars to one, making a saving on insurance, road tax and other running costs etc.

John

I'd strongly recommend a long test drive before buying. The Forester STi does have good straight line speed, but it's not nearly so agile around the corners and under braking. I recently drove a non-STi version for an hour or two, and whilst it was a fine car to drive around town, very civilised etc, it didn't have the poise and stability around higher speed corners that my Impreza has, and didn't feel as sure footed.

John,

Used to have a Forester Turbo (Prodrive upgrade) a few years back a hell of a lot of fun tbh.... so know roughly what I'm letting myself in for with the handling etc.... although from what I've heard/read/seen its night and day between the standard turbo and the Sti overall.

Thanks for all your comments folks + and -

Cheers

Gus

PS watch this space!!! or the For Sale section[:D][:D]

oobster it does fit in my garage btw...... the last one did anyway[:S] 

John,

Used to have a Forester Turbo (Prodrive upgrade) a few years back a hell of a lot of fun tbh.... so know roughly what I'm letting myself in for with the handling etc.... although from what I've heard/read/seen its night and day between the standard turbo and the Sti overall.

Thanks for all your comments folks + and -

Cheers

Gus

PS watch this space!!! or the For Sale section[:D][:D]

oobster it does fit in my garage btw...... the last one did anyway[:S] 

Fair enough mate.... hope you get a lot of fun out of it. Might even hassle you for a wee shot if you go ahead!