Seriously Considering!

Hmmm this thread has me a little confused. Everyone but myself and Oobster have questioned purchasing such a vehichle, while almost all others have said "go for it". My confusion stems from that fact that all the people who said "go for it" drive Imprezas. So, if it is such a great move for Gus, then why are all those who are in support of such a move, not considering a similair move? I can only assume that driving an Impreza is actually second choice to Subaru's version of the Chelsea tractor based on what I have read here. [:^)]

Hmmm this thread has me a little confused. Everyone but myself and Oobster have questioned purchasing such a vehichle, while almost all others have said "go for it". My confusion stems from that fact that all the people who said "go for it" drive Imprezas. So, if it is such a great move for Gus, then why are all those who are in support of such a move, not considering a similair move? I can only assume that driving an Impreza is actually second choice to Subaru's version of the Chelsea tractor based on what I have read here. [:^)]

i dont drive an impreza mr welsho[:D]

i dont drive an impreza mr welsho[:D]

We won't hold that against you Mr GT. [:P][:D]

Well my car didnt cost that much so I cant afford one of these Forresters and the Fuel costs would be fairly high. Dont think you would get 300 miles to a 50 litre tank. Impreza costs be enough as it is, but if Gus can afford it I recon its worth the swap. I have driven a few higher car Forresters (Standard) and they werent that bad. I've heard the STi version has fairly upgraded road handling.

Ok...lets think about it seriously....if i was to choose between an Impreza STi or Forrester STI....i would pick Impreza everytime because  that is what i'm looking for..more focus performance car..

But if i wasn't looking for a performance saloon but a really rapid 4 x 4 then i would seriously consider a Forrester STi no doubt..awesome in the straight and really good in the bends(not as good as Impreza) then you are on to a winner GUS..

Hope that helps[:S]

Whit aboot a Hummer Gus [:D]

Nice and roomy too [:P]

Marty.

FPMSL[:P] IF I'm gonna change from the Impreza it would deffo be another SUBARU and would need to have a bit of kick about it. "Chelsea Tractor" Welsho. Try one first mate Honest! You would be a LOT more impressed than you think bud! 

I've had two Foresters in the past. One normally aspirated and one Turbo (PPP) and had A LOT of fun with them both.

Might even consider another PPP UK Forester tbh the two car thing is getting a bit much for moi. Was hoping to get rid of the Saxo when I got the new job BUT needing it more than I thought[:D

Would be a lot easier (and I'd be much happier) taking the Forester to the places I need to go. So the Sti looked like a good combo for me.

Watch this space! Stealth Black might be the trick!

Gus

Whit aboot a Hummer Gus [;)]

Nice and roomy too [:P]

Marty.

FPMSL[:P] IF I'm gonna change from the Impreza it would deffo be another SUBARU and would need to have a bit of kick about it. "Chelsea Tractor" Welsho. Try one first mate Honest! You would be a LOT more impressed than you think bud! 

I've had two Foresters in the past. One normally aspirated and one Turbo (PPP) and had A LOT of fun with them both.

Might even consider another PPP UK Forester tbh the two car thing is getting a bit much for moi. Was hoping to get rid of the Saxo when I got the new job BUT needing it more than I thought[:D

Would be a lot easier (and I'd be much happier) taking the Forester to the places I need to go. So the Sti looked like a good combo for me.

Watch this space! Stealth Black might be the trick!

Gus

Ah well! In THAT case, go for it! Clearly you are thinking along practical lines with regard to change; an off roader with some kick-ass well, kinda the best of both worlds. When I said Chelsea Tractor, I wasn't classing the perfomace with other off roaders, just the outward appearance. For me, the Impreza stands out, it turns heads and people want to ask you about it all the time, etc, etc. The Forrester would have none of that appeal for me, and I really despise off-road type vehichles on our roads anyway, especially when driven by mums on the school run GRRRRRRR! Good luck if you go for it.

Cheers John,

PMSL Certainly wont be driven on nae school run thats 4 sure![:P]

Foresters a proper off roaders. My last two visited many forest rds (at speed[:P]) nane of yer X3, X5 and the like of city gas burners here[;)] This will be used (if I do get one!!?) for the purpose it was made. Fun and work!

Gus[:D]

Cheers John,

PMSL Certainly wont be driven on nae school run thats 4 sure![:P]

Foresters a proper off roaders. My last two visited many forest rds (at speed[:P]) nane of yer X3, X5 and the like of city gas burners here[;)] This will be used (if I do get one!!?) for the purpose it was made. Fun and work!

Gus[:D]

eek! double posts!!!! dont know how that happened! 

Fantastic cars the Forrester STi - so much so in fact that I am considering getting one for the Mrs.  She really enjoys the performance the Impreza STi but wants the extra practicallity offered by the Forrester STi version - plus they look really good IMHO.  Good on ya Gus I hope you enjoy it.

Dave

Go for it Gus. I was going to try and get one of these Legacy STi beauties in the 2nd post, contacted Prodrive (they use them as management cars on the WRC) and was told that they were getting sent back to the Land of the Rising Sun or GETTING CRUSHED!!!! So I amy head down the same route as you. (I've just found out I can't post up the link to this, but when I can - I will)