• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh - you only get that if you're using Internet Exploder and you have to download an add-on. I don't see that in Firefox which is my default.

I also had problems logging in with IE again just now - even though deleting cookies worked earlier. This time I had to delete ALL content. Cookies wasn't enough. [8-)]

Sorry chaps, but I loath this "upgrade". There were 2 simple features that made the old version a joy to use - anything I posted to automatically got added to the "MyForums" table - a really simple way to keep tabs on wherever you were active and to monitor for replies. I've lost my old list - all sorts of things were in there and I haven't a clue where they might be because I could trust the system to hold them for me. I've now got to keep ar$eing around to go back and add them manually or forget what I've got active - not what I'd regard as progress!

Secondly, I found it a beautifully simple way to keep an eye on anything new by simply clicking on the "Not Read" section and quickly scanning down everything to see what was interesting - that's vanished too!!

I know that there are always going to be teething troubles with an upgrade settling in, so not looking to knock our admin folks for what had to be done for all you folk who chose to join the massive world-wide beta test of IE7. I just can't understand why such simple and useful options have been designed out by the developers in this new release. BTW the built in help files are pretty useless at getting to know much about the new features, and the docs on the vendor's site are pretty awful too.

I love the way the new forum looks, nice and fresh looking. [Y] 

But.... Theres a few things I don't like about it.....

1. Threads do not list the authors

2. I'm not keen on the way the time of posts are being listed (ie, 2 hours, 10 mins ago)

3. If you navigate to the bottom of a thread there are no options to go back to General Forums or Main List of sections etc, you need to scroll back to the top of the page.

Just my 2pence worth. [:$]

Sorry chaps, but I loath this "upgrade". There were 2 simple features that made the old version a joy to use - anything I posted to automatically got added to the "MyForums" table - a really simple way to keep tabs on wherever you were active and to monitor for replies. I've lost my old list - all sorts of things were in there and I haven't a clue where they might be because I could trust the system to hold them for me. I've now got to keep ar$eing around to go back and add them manually or forget what I've got active - not what I'd regard as progress!

Secondly, I found it a beautifully simple way to keep an eye on anything new by simply clicking on the "Not Read" section and quickly scanning down everything to see what was interesting - that's vanished too!!

I know that there are always going to be teething troubles with an upgrade settling in, so not looking to knock our admin folks for what had to be done for all you folk who chose to join the massive world-wide beta test of IE7. I just can't understand why such simple and useful options have been designed out by the developers in this new release. BTW the built in help files are pretty useless at getting to know much about the new features, and the docs on the vendor's site are pretty awful too.

Bottom of the forum page "More Settings" has the option to view all posts or posts you have/have not read (can't remember which) - you can hide the ones you've read I believe.

Frenchy - Some of the other options like accessing the other forum pages from the top and bottom of the screen were added at a later date when we first went to CS IIRC.  I am sure all these minor but useful things will be looked at shortly.

Brian [:)]

Frenchy - Some of the other options like accessing the other forum pages from the top and bottom of the screen were added at a later date when we first went to CS IIRC.  I am sure all these minor but useful things will be looked at shortly.

Brian [:P]

Thanks Brian [:P]

Glad I can quote again too lol [:)]