Has Anyone Heard?

:( so so sad to hear this, genuinely gutted :( Higgy and crazy horse were one of the first guys on here to really push the boundaries of tuning these motors, he always had time to chat to like minded fools and trying to keep him in sight on one of the runs up to braemar and back will always be a highlight - thoughts go out to his family RIP

Such tragic and sad news, Simon was a fantastic guy. Spent many an evening talking to him and listening (mainly listening!) to him talk about various parts he had bought or was thinking about buying for his flying Bug... and had some fantastic runs both regional Fife and bigger Flings with him. He is going to be greatly, greatly missed.

I will keep an eye on this thread for any funeral arrangements or if that ends up being overseas, any memorial run/event in his honour.

Rest in peace buddy, you were definitely one of the good guys.

Cheers,

Grant

This is terrible news. Simon was a great guy and always added something to the days out back in the day.

The best time I can remember was the day back in 2005/6 when we all went through the cairngorms on maybe the first or second highland fling. Simon was one of the front few cars and was having a great time. He gave huge commitment to making his car fast, to contributing to the group and the runs and to making sure that he was one of the fastest round KH.

He will be sadly missed and should always remain in the top 10 for Crail times !!

[10] 11.27 128.9 Higgy 13/04/2008 Crail 524 Newage

Rest in peace Higgy

Gumball

Picture045.jpg

This is taken just before a run which turned out to be one of the most enjoyable car-associated days I've had... and a big part of that day was spent trying to hold onto the back end of Simon's Bugeye in the 'mentally unhinged' group up front.

It's a shame I never got the chance to thank him for such fond memories.

Cheers,

Grant

His car at Banbury.

On the way down he took a wrong turn and had about a dozen cars following him. When he realised he was going the wrong way he put the boot down and left them standing. You can imagine their looks when they see him flying up the opposite carridgeway without them...lol

blackbeasts_zps85ecb035.jpg

It's the one on the right.

Johnny.

Edited by johnnyr6

Woke up to the news this morning.. Very sad to hear Simon (Higgy) was killed in the accident. Great character and ambassador for the club.

That Bugeye he built was something else.. I've never seen an Impreza chassis looks like it's been pushed to the limit as much as that thing was on launch!

Shame he hadent been in touch in the forums of late but Higgy you will be remembered :icon_salut:

Thoughts are with your family and friends..

He drove it like he stole it, as we all do but try and justify it to ourselves by making out we have skill. Some do, some have luck. It's only when we run out of luck people take notice.

Higgy really did push it to the limit, with his car and his driving style, he was the most mechanically unsympathetic man I have ever met, with a big heart and an even bigger pocket. He helped me out with his trailer and his time and listened to my rants, he leaves a big gap in this world, but my mood isn't "blick" at his passing, I'm glad I knew him and he probably passed doing something he loved, RIP Higgy.

Edited by wilky

Saw the news on FB and it made me stop and remember him.

Simon was a genuine guy and had the enthusiasm and buzz to get involved, do new things and take part in the club when we were doing runs and events.

He will be remembered for his infectious bellowing laugh and being one of members that set the bar back in the days.

Imy