Colin Mcrae / Richard Burns Drive Out Day!

To Drive out or Not to Drive out?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should we organise A national SIDC etc drive out to raise money for Colin Mcrae and his Family Charity

I could be persuaded ;)

2 points i suggested somewhere else, would it be worth making it a joint Mcrae and Burns event to commemarate both our rally heroes together and worth contacting Grant Hendry (squirrel on here)who organised the original Mcrae gathering as a courtesy and for valuable advice?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be up for this, the original McRae Gathering was a truly great occasion.

Not sure if this would be relevant but I think I saw the other day that the world record set at the original McRae Gathering was broken by some Scoobies in Russia. They used 1241 Subarus to spell out Subaru Team Russia. If you got the numbers, would you want to get it back?

I grew with wallis above me. If it's true and the Russians do have the record I think us Brits, the ones who made the Subaru's such icons thanks to the two great British rally drivers McRae and Burns, should take it as a matter of pride to get it back!:P

I was also on the original McRae gathering as a passenger and to be part of these things gives such a buzz. It's what Subaru ownnerahips is all about. And I'm sure along with myself there would be plenty willing to help out with the organising.

This is looking good folks. I will look into what I think needs doing and start to delegate out. Please can all those volunteering pm me what your strengths are with regards to organising, either in advance or on the day.

First thing we need is a free venue. It needs to be close to a motorway, have plenty of room and will need facilities too. I am thing airfield, Midlands close to the M6/M5/M42 corridor.

:)

no news so far from the air -port so far but will try to chase up this week!

if any of you guys no of any large areas that would possibly help with this! thinking some where in the midlands - so more members can attend please could you give me details!

happy to contact them!

Cosford is fairly central (Close to Telford/Wolves). Big carpark (extra parking is available round the back as well and i do beleive they can arrange food (hog roasts and stuff). They might be up for something like this.

Doubt the runway be opened up though as it's still used but it doesn't harm to ask.

Cosford is fairly central (Close to Telford/Wolves). Big carpark (extra parking is available round the back as well and i do beleive they can arrange food (hog roasts and stuff). They might be up for something like this.

Doubt the runway be opened up though as it's still used but it doesn't harm to ask.

will get hold of them and see if they can help :)