Colin Mcrae / Richard Burns Drive Out Day!

To Drive out or Not to Drive out?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should we organise A national SIDC etc drive out to raise money for Colin Mcrae and his Family Charity

Hiya all!

After watching Colin Mcrae on Channel 2 the other night I was thinking we should organise a SIDC etc drive out and national meet!

We could charge each member £5.00 that would go towards Colin Mcrae's family charity!

Just thinking we could do our part to show he hasn't been forgot for how he transformed rallying and how he has inspired many others to get into it and or just enjoy cars!

Am I flogging a dead horse or could I be on to something???

Cheers All

Edited by bertious
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertious, I don't think you are flogging a dead horse, far from it. Very good idea - still remember with fondness being a small part of the Richard Burns Lands End - John o' Groats remorial relay in 2006. Huge success and raised lots of cash for his charitable fund. Like that event, it would need to be organised in regional stints?

Bertious, I don't think you are flogging a dead horse, far from it. Very good idea - still remember with fondness being a small part of the Richard Burns Lands End - John o' Groats remorial relay in 2006. Huge success and raised lots of cash for his charitable fund. Like that event, it would need to be organised in regional stints?

:D :D :D :D cool!! just think it could show presence and that he'd gone but not forgot :)

I think with planning etc it could be a good day! If the regional organises were on board then it would make things a lot easier to organise.

not sure where or when it could be done but that comes with planning

Yep I will help, but it will need a lot of folks doing their bit to make this work :) Chris and I have been chatting a bit about this and it is early days yet so we will gauge interest and then start the ball rolling.

Regional organisers I need your help too!!

Going back to the 2006 RB memorial relay, wife and I joined the Cambridgeshire SIDC contingent at A1 Baldock services - then down the A1 to meet with the Essex lads & lasses. Then M25/M40 to Prodrive at Banbury. For all who attended, it was a quite awesome event, but Prodrive or the town of Banbury just couldn't cope! Anybody have any contacts at Prodrive? Just a thought...

John

I have a time consuming job. The above post would suit me brilliantly. I'm only 5 minutes from that services.

I'm not sure pro drive would approve. They have ceased their association with Subaru and road cars

A Subaru track day at Rockingham might suit. It's not far from the prodrive place

Good work guys, a cracking idea and certainly a worthwhile cause! If you need a hand or input, please do say the word - the Newquay run in 2011 was organised in less than 30 days and we even ended up with international news coverage so if its handled correctly, this could be an absolutely incredible event!

I know of a few scooby drivers in my line of work I can try and get involved. I'll certainly put the feelers out. Maybe a series of simultaneous track days for scoobies only, with a proportion of the money going to the charity could be an idea. Along with Subaru UK help too.

I guess it depends on numbers.