Colin Mcrae / Richard Burns Drive Out Day!

To Drive out or Not to Drive out?   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should we organise A national SIDC etc drive out to raise money for Colin Mcrae and his Family Charity

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem that way. I take it all the usual names have been contacted. Pro r, scooby world, scooby parts, ra motorsport etc etc

Is that the idea of sellers we are on about?

really looking for a location to hold the event, once that's sorted Will be then looking at sellers etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, Chris and I have been discussing this and the venue is our hiccup at the moment. We need somewhere in the Midlands (preferably), with a motorway close by, lots of parking space, has toilets and food facilities or be able to get them for us, hopefully has somewhere to blat and splat on, will not charge (or at least be a nominal cost) as we are trying to raise money for charity. We are hoping to talk to IM (Subaru) and Pro R this coming week. If anyone has any genuine leads for this please let us know. We are now putting this back to 2014 as we have run out of time to get everything organised this year.

What about Prestwold Hall? It's in the midlands and a few miles east of the M1 (Loughborough). It is a stately home, but has a race track. They do track days there, but have all the space and facilities we'd need. I went for a friends wedding 2 years ago.

I have talked to the ProR guy today and he has promised to talk to IM (Subaru UK) to see if they can help, he will also ask some of their professional drivers if they know of a venue we can use. This is still very much alive folks. Chris and I are just trying to ensure that the maximum amount of money we raise goes to the charities of our choice and not to a commercial venue. Please bear with us as we get to grips with this undertaking as it is all taking longer than hoped.