Highland Fling '13 Banter Thread....

Time to check the app store for a Scottish translation app! :whistle:

You'll be fine, just remember: -

Aye = Yes

Aye Aye = Hello

Aye aye aye = Whatever!

Fit fit fits fit ski = What foot fits what ski?

It'll be a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht = It will be a nice bright moonlit night tonight. :Scottish-flag:

You'll be fine, just remember: -

Aye = Yes

Aye Aye = Hello

Aye aye aye = Whatever!

Fit fit fits fit ski = What foot fits what ski?

It'll be a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht = It will be a nice bright moonlit night tonight. :Scottish-flag:

forget all that, the most important phrase to get by in scotland is 'what do you want, I'm buying' :Scottish-flag:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: WOOHOO room booked at hotel for sat just inverness to book now . at least this time we know whos who and will join in on friday nite :evil: plus will be able to wear my birthday prezzie scooby t shirt and will have a scooby jacket :rotfl: :rotfl: i will maybe hold off on the extra 20 mm lowering as took a bit of punishment last time. and as this will be a new front end..... mrs saying she will bring sick pills this time as she lost her brekkie by the time we got to applecross this year :rotfl:

let me just reiterate for all us drillin loons scheduled away...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111

Half hoping my back-2-back jacks it and I have to do a doubler or sumfin so I make it, else I'll just effin ditch this mob, do the highland fling, a month surfin somewhere and then get back to it (the missus says I'm too young to retire :smiley-violent003: ) :Scottish-flag:

Like Taffy with the t-shirt reason, I need an excuse to wear my DC shoe-barus:

IMG_1808.jpg

Edited by monsterenergy

let me just reiterate for all us drillin loons scheduled away...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111

Half hoping my back-2-back jacks it and I have to do a doubler or sumfin so I make it, else I'll just effin ditch this mob, do the highland fling, a month surfin somewhere and then get back to it (the missus says I'm too young to retire :smiley-violent003: ) :Scottish-flag:

Like Taffy with the t-shirt reason, I need an excuse to wear my DC shoe-barus:

IMG_1808.jpg

Dave, your crown could be challenged this year for sure :)

LOL! see the nice friendly and polite humour is still here!

Ever better to see some of the members from Across the border putting theres names done too! Thanks guys n' gals! :thumbup:

o and nice to see Al is still lurking in the background too, hope the bugs going well :):icon_salut:

Yeah saw the post about the fling pop up on Twitter and thought I'd hop on board.. Naturally :thumbup:

Scooby still on the go, thankfully.. Was close to having to SORN it this year in place for something else (don't think I could bring myself to sell it) been pretty boring trying to eek as much MPG out of it it this year as a daily drive :( Ka had to finally be scrapped at the start of the year and only just got a replacement a few weeks ago. So not been able to do any Scoobying this year, :crying: and have just been lurking now and again on here :(

As for the replacement... It's a HATCH!!! 3dr, with Turbo! in Gunmetal Grey!... It's also a Diesel with a Ford badge.. But Never mind 54 plate, 55-60mpg on the daily B-Road commute, independent suspension, 115bhp and 184 lb-ft of torque isn't something to get too upset about :D:driving: Just need to be extra careful I fill the right car up with the right fuel :o

A5fNDiyCUAELzEC.jpg

Naturally not much change to the Impreza this year, although think it's got a new front grill since you last saw it and I'm considering putting a beefier backbox on it before the fling, but we'll see.. Still need to sort out the lousy brakes on the WRX. :redcard:

Edited by ScoUK

Hey Dave, I hope the runs aren't too much longer than the 150 mile mark, since I got the scoob back I haven't managed to get over 175 to a tank driving like miss daisy!!!! :Scottish-flag:

Petrol cans at the ready ;)

I just watched this video of Brian's from last year, sums the whole thing up nicely I think

Dave, add it to the first post of the Fling Thread, makes for a good advert :)