Rallyday 2011

I spotted the SIDC lineup of cars when i was wandering about looking for something else. Approached a tall bald guy in the gazebo to ask how do i join the club (jokingly of course but i was merely trying to open a converstaion about the show/club/Subarus) and he grumbled online or over there. I stuck out my hand to shake his to introduce myself and he point blank refused to shake my hand and getting blood out of a stone would have been easier than talking to this ignorant and obnoxious lump of wood.

If i was not representing the charity (thanks for coming over to say hi for the 2nd year in a row, erm Not) then things would have went down a different unpleasant path as i dont like being treated in that kind of manner.

Litchfield car was the car of stand for me but after speaking to the lump of wood in the gazebo you can shove your membership up your backside.

Disgraceful way for a long established National club to attract any newbies let alone ones that have been around for more moons than i care to count

Over and Trout

I can only apologise for the arrogance that this particular person showed you Grant. It's not the way we want SIDC to be seen and I'm disappointed to hear that members of the public as well as members themselves have been treated in this manner.

As Matty said, this is not normal for one of the Southern meets or shows and it surprises me that you've experienced this kind of poor attitude.

I hope that you enjoyed the show itself regardless of your experience with this member. You should have popped over to the Pro R unit and had a bacon roll and a cuppa with us or even sampled one of Matty's amazing Carrot Muffins :)

Kim

Kim, its not normal at any show i have attended North or South or even West of the border and was the worst experience of visiting any Subaru stand across the UK and that is what annoyed me the most, apart from those f'ing Evo drivers warming thier gaylord cars at 0645am, that the National club treated someone like that. If i had have been a "newbie" then i would have would have been even more annoyed and trotted of elsewhere to one of the many other Subaru clubs there. At every one of them i was made to feel welcome and people that did not know me from Adam approached me to chat about thier pride and joy. I even joined one from round about Dartford way as they treated me as if they wanted us to talk about thier cars and club, not growl at me like a pitbull with an elastic band around its balls.

Matty, we were just on the other side of the Pro R stand next to the building where the drivers were signing on, we had the retail unit, Merc van all branded with the McRae Vison logo and we had the Grp A Gemani Ford Sierra Cosworth that Jimmy, Colin and Alistair all competed in, with Jimmy doing passenger laps (with a few impromptu donuts thrown in to please the crowd as the McRae family like to do) and the Pirelli simlator with a replica of L555BAT in it. Even though we have funny accents we dont bite but for the life of me i could not work out why no one from the SIDC came over to say hi, even last year when we ha L555BAT down with us not a single person came over to see her. Hard one to explain that when my friends from the charity ask why no one from my own club have come over but after the pitbull experience and as mentioned before i dont want to any part of this club and please remove my Member logo asap.

Even though i dont own a Subaru anymore due to my ongoing health issues, i still love them to bits and have made some lifelong friends through the community. This is my first post on any part of the forum since Jan as even sitting here rattling a keyboard brings the pain, my other half, Imy updates all the material connected with the Colin McRae Vision charity, like where we will be and what car we are bringing to what show, in the Scottish section of the BBS. There is also colinmcrae.com, where all the latest event news is listed. Next outing is IRC Rally of Scotland where Jimmy will be driving the 92 Legacy as course, there is a competition on the McRae homepage offering the chance to win a ride with Jimmy through the shakedown stage on the Thurs prior to the event. I have sat in with Jimmy on numurous occasions and believe me he still knows has to make a car go sideways very very quickly

Trout and over

Hi Grant,

I was at Rallyday, my car parked on the SIDC stand, we spoke towards the end of the day and I was genuinely upset when you told me of your experience earlier. Being shy I hadn't spoken to many of the other members, only those parked in the spaces nearest my car but everyone I spoke to was friendly. I have to say that, especially after all your and Imy's work on the McRae Gathering (a truly great experience and wonderful tribute to a most amazing man) and the McRae Vision stand, I hold you both in high esteem and would be upset that you let this one man tarnish your links with the club. I hope I will see you again in the future and that you will reconsider your decision to leave SIDC.

Simon

Grant,

I was genuinely shocked when I read your post, I had an absolutely amazing day on Saturday and really felt like the club has turned a corner, the amount of banter and general good feeling that was flying aound the stand was wonderful.

As already said above, we can only apologise and assure you that we will do our utmost to ensure something like this does not occur again.

Rach

My own experiences reflect those of Rach and everyone else that came away from the show with a smile on their face to be honest. That however doesn't make up for your unfortunate experience. I can't figure who it was (nor do I deem it necessary to find out) but I would like to assume it was just poor timing and they were perhaps nervous/distracted... I know I get that way on occasion :blush:

Just to add though (as seems the way when I come over to say hello to you guys) you were pretty flat out on both occasions I came over to introduce myself. The first time with Kim and the second on my todd... I'm not saying that's why nobody came to see you btw, just happens it's my piss poor timing lol I did get as far as saying Hello to Imy but I can only assume she didn't hear me/register I was talking to her... we'll get there eventually eh! ;)

this has got me, so I'm looking through the pics from Saturday to find said 'pitbull'.

I think I've got pics of all members from the day, so should be able to find who.......

Tbh, I'm not convinced a witch hunt would be in the best interests of the club although your enthusiasm is, as ever, very much appreciated mate ;)

Thank goodness for that. I spent a bit of time talking to potential new members myself in the gazebo and was worried in case it was me you were talking about, though I am not bald!! I do hope you do not think that all of us are like that. I did come to your stand and buy a cracking rugby shirt - and took part in the McRae run. Sorry you had a bad experience like that and I am soooo glad the chap you talked to has contacted you, so well done him for doing that. It is a salutary lesson for all of us. Maybe we should have had some advertising bumpf in the gazebo to give out too so that we can avoid this kind of thing next time out.

Oh yes and the Lichfield was parked next to the real best car - the Spec T!! :)

Terry

Thank goodness for that. I spent a bit of time talking to potential new members myself in the gazebo and was worried in case it was me you were talking about, though I am not bald!! I do hope you do not think that all of us are like that. I did come to your stand and buy a cracking rugby shirt - and took part in the McRae run. Sorry you had a bad experience like that and I am soooo glad the chap you talked to has contacted you, so well done him for doing that. It is a salutary lesson for all of us. Maybe we should have had some advertising bumpf in the gazebo to give out too so that we can avoid this kind of thing next time out.

Oh yes and the Lichfield was parked next to the real best car - the Spec T!! :)

Terry

We did have advertising leaflets, membership forms etc but due to the "lovely" weather we had to move them into the Pro-R unit otherwise we would have spent all day chasing them around castle Combe.

I did get as far as saying Hello to Imy but I can only assume she didn't hear me/register I was talking to her... we'll get there eventually eh! ;)

Stu, I didn't know you were up at the Vision stand, things were pretty hectic

sorry if it seemed like I was blanking you,

I would have said hi if I heard you/knew it was you, we keep missing each other at shows :(

imy

Im glad its all resolved im a new member , and this was my first meeting with SIDC and i must say that i had a brill welcome , everyone was joking and the conversations were all light hearted, it would have been a shame if you had stoped your membership and i look forward to more gatherings in the gazebo with muffins in hand lol . I also visited the stand and looked at all the merchandise and stood there for a little while watching the tv you had setup on the counter :thumbup: well done who ever you were for pm'ing and explaining your side just goes to show how mature and proffesional the club and members are chill and have a :guinness:

rob

Stu, I didn't know you were up at the Vision stand, things were pretty hectic

sorry if it seemed like I was blanking you,

I would have said hi if I heard you/knew it was you, we keep missing each other at shows :(

imy

I know, don't worry, it's fine, honestly :) You guys were busy, it's understandable - it took me until 4:30 to chat with chipex and they were right next to us, it's just the way these things go! ;)

Like I said, we'll get there eventually, lol

So glad this is sorted, this was the first time i have been out with SIDC and i found it to be the best club atmosphere i have ever been involved in (and im a mod on another club, not subaru related though)

I was round at your stand and had a good old look about and a few photos were taken.

I found everyone very accommadating and was approached by a few people on the day asking for more info on the club of which i gave them a few details if i couldnt see anyone more qualified in range.

Hope to see you at the next one and thank you for the nice comments about my litchfield type 20 :occasion14:

Was good to speak to you as well wallis, hope your pictures all came out as you wanted, even the ones where you had to fight with the rain :thumbup:

Edited by kad 16v

So glad this is sorted,

+1

this was the first time i have been out with SIDC and i found it to be the best club atmosphere i have ever been involved in (and im a mod on another club, not subaru related though)

They all thought you were me :D LOL

Hope to see you at the next one and thank you for the nice comments about my litchfield type 20 :occasion14:

And a very sweet engine in there two :D I'd love to buy it back ;)

Tony