McRae Vision 2011

the first event that the McRae Vision are attending in 2011 is the Glasgow start point of the Rallye Monte Carlo Historique rally on Thursday 27 Jan.

Around 50 teams will start from Blytheswood Sq and, after going through control in Paisley, will travel through Kilmarnock, Dumfries, Scotch Corner then down to Dover, bound for France.

The Vision retail unit will be at George Square.

Come along and experience the festivities :)

Click for info on RallyBuzz site

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistically the first 3 years of any charities existance is the toughest. I am pretty sure no one on here wants the Colin McRae Vision to be one of the charities that fail within that period. The money raised goes directly to causes around the world relating to children. Examples of donations inc a kitted out ambulance for Yorkhill, an X-Ray unit in Argentina, a Forester Paramedic response vehicle for Fife region, a substantial donation to a childrens charity in Czech Republic and many others.

The Ayrton Senna foundation started off by selling t-shrts at kart tracks around Rio and is now a global charity that has been going since Ayrton's untimely demise.

Imy and myself do this to help the charity get to a point where it can carry on into future growing stonger and stronger, personally i will carry on till my health dictates otherwise. We receive no payment for attending these shows and even sometimes pay our own way as every little bit helps.

What we need is likeminded fans to help us achieve what we all want and that is for Colins legacy to live on and to benefit children around the world as well as local causes

One thing that would help enourmously is to join the Flat Out club. The benefits from joining are worth the joining fee alone and if you raise money for charity benefits get better and ranging from a unique club clothing, a limited print of Colin in his Subaru or Focus by Fran Healy to the top benefit of a run in one of Colins many cars the charity have at its disposal

For information on what events the charities retail unit will be at and if we will be bringing any cars along will be posted here by either Imy or myself. Any other information about future plans will be posted on colinmcrae.com

Next event is the Borders rally down in Jedburgh.

If In Doubt.............Flat Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisYzYC57U4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kli07_qcaOM&playnext=1&list=PL1C9B905F62C1A8C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzDJarUL6NU&feature=related

I just need to watch these videos amongst others to remond myself why i carry on helping the charity establish itself

Yours very sincerly

Grant

Edited by The Squiggle

A lot of people, myself included, will see this thread as more of an update thread, on what you are doing, where you are going etc. By its very nature it might not generate a huge amount of replies but it will keep Colin McRae Vision in everyones minds.

It is good to know what events you are at so as we can pop in and say hello. Only really managed that once myself though.

Grant and Imy, you guys together with the other volunteers, do an fantistic job. Keep up the good work, and keep us updated. :icon_salut:

Hi Imy/Grant

Don't stop posting in here whatever you do, i promise from now on every time i see it i will post a comment and If i dont i will donate some cash for failing to post!! no pressure now then :rotfl:

Everyone has been a bit quiet on this wee run in Wales for the Charity is anyone from Scotland going?

A lot of people, myself included, will see this thread as more of an update thread, on what you are doing, where you are going etc. By its very nature it might not generate a huge amount of replies but it will keep Colin McRae Vision in everyones minds.

ok then, seems that folk are lurking and at least reading the updates :lurk:

I'll udpate my first post with the events we're attending and details of cars that will be there.

John, the Subaru weekender is happening.

We'll be taking the unit and probably one of the cars to it.

I know that Prodrive are supporting the event and we're trying to convince them to bring N1 WRC to the show.

We'll be going there for the Sunday show, will give the Saturday tour around Wales a miss.

We've already done 3 shows in 2011:

Monte Carlo - George Sq Glasgow is the closest location that we've traded at so far :lol:

Snowman - heavy weight jackets and beanies sold very well.

Thanks to GMac and Scooby222's crowd for helping Grant out at that event

Race Retro & drivers ball - didn't really sell that much as we were located next to the jumble sale :sleep:

The drivers ball was great, I'll put up some stories and pictures later.

Imy

x

ok, seems I can't edit my first post

Calendar of Vision events 2011:

19 Mar 2011 ... Border Counties Rally ... Jedburgh, Scottish Borders

16 Apr 2011 ... Granite City Rally ... Aberdeen, Grampian

14 –15 May ... Rallyshow ... Cornbury

21 –22 May ... Scottish Motorshow ... Knockhill Fife

27 - 29 May ... Jim Clark Rally ... Kelso, Scottish Borders

19 June ... The Lost Boys Rally ... Lanark

25 Jun ... Scottish Rally ... Dumfries, Dumfries & Galloway

30 June -3 July ... Goodwood Festival of Speed

17 July ... Total Jap Scotland ... Knockhill

24 July ... Subaru Weekender ... Wales

6 Aug ... Speyside Stages ... Elgin, Moray

3 Sep ... Merrick Forest Stages ... Wigtown, Newton Stewart

17 Sept ... Rallyday ... Castle Coombe

1 Oct ... McRae Forest Stages ... Perth, Perth & Kinross

Race Retro event was down near Coventry.

Jimmy was driving in the rally stage and Bill Gwynne Motorsport brought along the 92 Legacy that they restored and look after

037legacy.jpg

008legacy.jpg

011unit.jpg

We also had the Pirelli simulator on our stand

020simulator.jpg

and brought along the Sierra Cosworth

002stand.jpg

and the retail unit

005unit.jpg

The evening dinner was a fundraising event for the Vision, hosted by Kevin Furbar

I think Grant and I were just in awe of some of the names and faces that were there and were happy to just be in the background and absorb everything.

dancing girls

091dancinggirls.jpg

Nicky Grist giving the after dinner speech

102nicky.jpg

101nicky.jpg

and winner of Colin's "Ford Martini" overalls, with Jimmy, Hollie and Alison.

The woman in the red is Gemma somebody, a TV presenter on something or other

109overalls.jpg

one of the games in between courses was to see who could make the best paper aeroplane.

Each table had to nominate an "engineer" to build it and a "pilot" to go up to the front and fly it

can anyone guess who was the engineer at our table?

093hands.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

19 Mar 2011 ... Border Counties Rally ... Jedburgh, Scottish Borders

My first Subaru adventure this year, looking forward to the drive from Sunny Stonehouse , Lanark, Pebbles n on Jedburgh, excellent round surface and flowing bends, beautiful scenery can't wait and at the end of that is rallying :driving:

Imy - I am one of the guilty ones who likes to read the forums but don't often contribute. Bought my 1st scooby in 2005 and still have it, joined sidc at the same time and renew each year. I was also part of the convoy to Banbury in 2008 and the experience will stay with me forever.

Don't stop posting updates - you and Grant are the backbone of the scottish scoobies - I have always enjoyed your posts please keep going!

Cheers

Peco

Hi Imy, Caroline and I had a great time on Saturday, the drive down was excellent, teaching Caroline how to read a map was :brickwall: lol but without her there I be :tumbleweed: . Chatted to Grant and John on the van before heading off into the wilderness, it was a very exciting day, Caroline gave all my favourite sweeties to the kids :redcard: lol Im a great one for reading post but not for writing so as many have said before please dont be discouraged by lack of response. Shame you had to work on Saturday hope you get out to play soon.

Stuart