McRae Vision 2011

I saw the McRae vision stall from the window when i was working on a job across the road at george square,but the time i finished work and came out it was all getting packed away and never even got a chance to have a look at the cars either. well gutted

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big news at the moment is that Campbell Roy, Colin's business manager and our 'boss'at the Vision, has signed up as the Sporting Manager of the Mini WRC team.

He'll be great at the role and we're excited about how the Mini will fare this season.

Campbell was the first person that represented the McRae family that we spoke to when the Gathering was just an idea,

and I remember quaking at the thought of meeting him at Jerviswood.

Click for article in Autosport

Grant will be at the Granite rally this weekend, with a fresh stock of jackets and fleeces, which had to be replenished after fans at the Snowman cleaned us out :blush:

Our diary for May is busy,

14 May = Rallyshow at Cornbury

21 May = Scottish Motor Show

28 May = Jim Clark

We've also confirmed our attendance at Goodwood Festival of Speed, my favourite show from last year :banana:

Busy people!!

When is Goodwood Imy, I've wanted to go for a while now :)

1st, 2nd and 3rd of July

It really is petrolhead nirvana

Everying internal combustion powered from The Wacky Racers to F1 machinary from a bygone era is not only on show but put through thier paces up the hill. The rally paddock has every notable rally car ever made from Hopkirks old Mini to Grp B S4's to fire breathing Quattros that Mr Rohrl used to peddle up the Col d Turini

Even if i was not helping out i would certainly be making this an annual pilgramage, it is that good

• 1 month later...

The Rally Show, Cornbury, 14-15 May

Grant and I were at the Rally Show at the weekend.

It was quite quiet compared to last year's event, the change in location from Chatsworth to Cornbury may have been a factor.

The Mini WRC and the Prodrive team were there and we got a chance to see and hear the new car

the Vision stand with the Pirelli simulator

RallyShow005.jpg

Subaru Legacy and Sierra Cosworth

RallyShow111.jpg

Jimmy with Dani Sordo.

We tried to sell Dani a pair of trainers but he didn't like them...

RallyShow001.jpg

but at least he wore our hat!

RallyShow029.jpg

Dani, with Jimmy and DR

RallyShow077.jpg

the Prodrive car trailer and DR's Aston Martin

RallyShow088.jpg

the Mini WRC

RallyShow044.jpg

I was fortunate enough to be offered a pax around the rally stage in the Mini next to Dani...

just as well I brought my overalls with me :lol:

RallyShow011.jpg

waiting to get on track.

The Mini had such power and the noise inside the cabin was immense.

Dani was familiar with the track and flung the car around the corners and chicanes so fast the lap ended in the blink of an eye.

RallyShow012.jpg

our next event is the Scottish Motor Show at Knockhill this weekend.

Where were you guys set up at Cornbury then?!? Didn't see you :(

Stu, we were behind the burger vans, opposite the toilets, towards the start line for the rally stage.

Not ideal, as the way the burger vans were fanned out it wasn't obvious that there were other stalls behind them :(

Sales were quieter than expected but selling passenger rides with Jimmy in the Sierra helped,

and Mini/Prodrive kindly donated some rides in the Mini with Dani on the Sunday, which boosted our fundraising.

• 4 weeks later...

ola folks

Nicky Grist and his team won the golf event and the evening dinner/auction went well.

Nicky's speech included a story of how Colin participated in a similar charity event back in 2005.

Apparently Colin doesn't do golf... he was more taken with the golf buggy than golf clubs...

he managed to get rid of the limiter on the buggy and was hooning along the golf course and pathways lol

We're gearing up for a busy 3 week spell now,

we've the Lost Boys Rally at Crossford, near Lanark this weekend (18/19 June)

then we'll be at the Scottish Rally in Dumfries (25 June)

and then its off to Goodwood Festival of Speed (30 June/3 July) :icon_flower:

We'll be up at the Forest stage this year.

This year's theme is 50 years of the Jag E-Type, as well as the 60th anniversary since Jaguar first won at the gruelling Le Mans 24 Hours race.

They're also celebrating 100 Years of the Indianapolis 500, 100 Years of the Isle of Man TT Mountain Course and 20 Years of Super Touring :)

The poor retail unit needed to be serviced last week.

We'd hauled it up and down the country so much last year that there were cracks in the chassis and we were really lucky it didnt snap :o

we've now got DiRT 3 loaded into our gaming simulator and will be running the DBox chair at Crossford this weekend.

Codemasters have released a pack featuring the MkII, and all proceeds from the downloads go to the charity.

phew!

imy

x

wow! action packed month ahead as usual then!! will take a swing by tomorrow if im in the area, is it quite easy to find?

Crossford is about the size of a packet of Wotsits and the Clyde Valley Park with its ickle railway is the only thing in it. Coming from Lanark, enter the village and turn right over the single track bridge then right after the bridge into the park. The noisy Legacy is coming along for the day as well just hope the weather holds up

• 2 weeks later...

Imy the car looks great on the stand at the riverside

hmm Grant saw it on Wed and we're not too happy with it.

The stand didn't look complete and BAT just looked odd without a backdrop :(

I wish they took up our offer to use the replica Start Finish ramp that Strike made for us for the cheque presentation at Chester, that would have made an impact.