Fairwell To you all from SHESCOOBY

having been a member for a far shorter period than most but thouroughly enjoying the club and hope to do so for a long time to come, i find reading the bitterness extended in the past 24 hours absolutely shocking and really no surprise that many people have left to join alternative clubs if this is how people are reacting .

im sorry but this is nearing pathetic

kenny

having been a member for a far shorter period than most but thouroughly enjoying the club and hope to do so for a long time to come, i find reading the bitterness extended in the past 24 hours absolutely shocking and really no surprise that many people have left to join alternative clubs if this is how people are reacting .

im sorry but this is nearing pathetic

kenny

Well said. I've been a member for the 2 years i've owned my Scooby and i've been up in the North of Scotland all that time (thank to being posted up here at RAF Kinloss). In that time most of the new posts and discussions always seems to have been on the Scottish Scoobies area of SIDC. From looking at buying my car and wanting help on what to look for to fixing problems to meets everyone up here has been great. Personally I don't have a problem with "the majority of the committee posts being north of the border".. as i've seen it put on threads here in the last 24 Hours. If people are that bothered why did they not put their names forward.

Congratulations to the new committee members, i'm looking forward to see what changes there will be and where we go from here.

The complaint that it should have been a 3 way vote not a 2 way vote... there was 30 days to raise the issue with Phil and get the vote changed (or annotated that it was a 3 way vote) it if it's what you were told would happen. Bitching about it when it's over just makes you look bitter and like a sore loser. Aside from that i'd like to thank you for what you did for the club and hope you stick around, to move forward the club needs the more established members as well as new blood and new ideas.

Hopefully we can move forward from this and get the club back where it was even a couple of years ago when i first joined.

I must say,as an SIDC member for over 7 years and having attended many meetings & events (less so recently) both North and South of the border I find the tone of some comments pathetic. There is a real feeling of Jumping on the bandwagon. Kaz had every right to post her own feelings and for people to agree or disagree but the assertion being that Scottish members have almost "cheated" or anything similar by some replies is wrong.

The strength of the Scottish Section, in spite of many rival Scottish clubs, should be seen a strength of the SIDC as a UK club. If most of the interest in nominations, voting and taking on roles comes from Scotland - so be it - that's the reality. If it was Wales or Northern Ireland instead, fine. I didn't see hundreds of other names coming forward to do what is, essentially, an unpaid and and often under-thanked role, as Kaz will know.

I wish all the best to all new committee members, especially those taking on several roles - there would need to be one person to do this amount of free labour, for THE BENEFIT OF THE CLUB.

I disgusts me when people post here with a whole lot of tripe like "this club is going downhill", "I won't be renewing my membership" because one thing they dislike happens (and I don't count the current, more dramatic situation as an example) - the idea that people have so little in their lives they need to protest against something with is ONLINE, and is not real life is astonishing.

The club is, and always has been, what people make it. Someone in the North of Scotland is not going to set up a rolling road day in Devon, the same as someone in Birmingham is not going to attend a meet in Elgin! If you want things going, support (or become) your RO and try - and keep trying!

All the best to Karen - she has done a sterling job over the years, night and day, free of charge and from her own commitment. I am sure the new boys will appreciate all the support she can offer.

Brian.

Edited by WRXMANIA

some folk need to dig thier head out the snow and just move on,time to remember "we're here for a good life not a long life" and we all know who said it, so everyone grow up move on and enjoy the club and let it grow from strength to strength both north and south of the border.good luck to all, both incomeing and outgoing and hopefully we can put an end to this imature bickering.PLEASE MAKE THIS THE LAST ADDITION TO THIS THREAD AND LET THINGS LIE,THERE'S A LOT WORSE IN LIFE TO WORRY ABOUT.

Your point being?, That attitude seriously Irks me.

If it wasnt for us lot North of the border there wouldent even be enough members left in this club to keep it going, I've seen as much trouble South of the border than I have up here, I seem to remember a whole region leaving SIDC at one point a while back, so please don't give me that bulls**** Karyn.

I would just like to congratulate all the new committee members and thank them for taking over the running of the club, If something hadn`t happened there wouldn`t be a club left shortly, I have lost count of the number of long time members who have left the club because of the way the club was being run, ie Refusing to have an AGM, consequently non elected members being given jobs and lifetime memberships with no way of us paying members voting them out.

Now we have a properly run club i will be renewing my membership again.

I would just like to congratulate all the new committee members and thank them for taking over the running of the club, If something hadn`t happened there wouldn`t be a club left shortly, I have lost count of the number of long time members who have left the club because of the way the club was being run, ie Refusing to have an AGM, consequently non elected members being given jobs and lifetime memberships with no way of us paying members voting them out.

Now we have a properly run club i will be renewing my membership again.

to little to late . to many people been s__t on , check to forums nobody posts anymore

from a ex south west member

As a fairly inactive member of the club can I say that I am worried that this looks worryingly like we all hate each other because of where we hail from. We do need to accept though that the club is a democracy and we don't always get what we want or necessarily what we think is right. I have genuine sympathy for Shescooby, who has done stirling work throughout my four years of membership and who I will admit to voting for. BUT I would also like to congratulate the winners of the vote, they put forward their vision of the club and more people voted for them. I intendto remain a member and look forward to supporting the new committee in much the same way (i.e. fairly inactively) as I did the last.

Please lets not turn this into a regional them and us. Life is too short.

to little to late . to many people been s__t on , check to forums nobody posts anymore

from a ex south west member

Well well wish you all the best, i don't see any person **** on here, maby it's best being a ex member this is the reason this club marks time with the comments you have made time will tell if the choices we have voted on is the right ones and knowing the individulals i will bet my car on it.. ;-) we as a club will stand united north and south of the border even tho you southern jesses can't drink we won't hold that against you, i had a fantastic time at TOTB this year and all i got was help from south of border thank to all involved..

Chris

Chris

Sorry to see you go Karyn.

Thank you again for the help and support when we did the RBMR in 06

I don't think it will be a tall order to keep a presence at all the major events so long as we work as a club in the same direction and not against one another.

Regardless of agreeing or disagreeing with voting, what was promised etc etc, lets try and get on the right track and rebuild/restructure/ but more importantly, re-focus.

We used to have good club, rumor has it, that it still can be ;)

Callum

Kaz so sorry to see you go

It was meeting you at Castle Coombe that made me enroll to the SIDC and over the years nothing was to much trouble for you to help others and me as well

You and your family are very respected and friendly as far as i am concerned

First time we met you took time to explaine to me about the SIDC

Needless to say i signed up there and then

I thank you for many good times at the shows attended over the years

Have a great xmas and new year loads of luv to you and your family

Next time i go south i will pop in to see you

Dave X

Tbh you all (as a club north and south) should be sad at the loss of such a hard working, devoted member. IMHO Kaz has every right to feel let down and stabbed in the back after working so so hard for many years at home and at shows to help keep the club memberships up to date and in signing new members.

If this had been handled correctly then maybe the club would not be completely losing her, maybe she would of stayed involved in the club which would of been more helpful to the club. As it stands Kaz and her 6 yrs of club knowledge and her bright bubbly personality will be lost! And that is a real shame. Sad sad times.

Hi ho...

I've stood completely out of this conversation untill now, for good reason, but now that it appears to have calmed a little...

Karen, I am dissapointed, I asked you a while ago, that should the vote come our way, we might be looking to split the shop off from the membership secretary post, and that we would actually like you to continue running that side of things, should we be able to sort out the franking machine. I also said that I would also have been happy for you to remain on the committee.

As far as I am concerend, that remains my stance on the matter.

See no one is trying to oust you, no one is trying to stab anyone in the back we just want to move the club forwards, TOGETHER.

Nothing has been done underhandedly in this while process, every club member had the right, and the oppertunity to put themselves forward for any of the committee posts, every member had the right, and the oppertunity to vote.

I for one am Thankfull for all the hard work that Karen has done over the years, and yes, I am also sorry to see her go IF THIS IS HER CHOICE.

Now can we please put this to bed. As I don't think anything else good can come from continuing this thread any longer.

Dale, I believe when you actually get into this roll as Membership Secretary you will understand the reason why Karyn has allready previously explained to you that spliting the job and allowing her to continue with the shop is totally inpractical. The whole roll of shop admin along with membership, is all rolled into one! Just trying to split between yourself and Glyn will be a mission in itself! As for your offer that you would have been happy for her to remain on the committee, in all honesty would you remain after being pushed out after 6 years comittment?? I doubt many would!!

The followiing is a post that has been put in the members area in response to another thread but it seemed only right to include it in this thread too.

I don't believe for one minute that the vote was rigged, I'm sure it was all above board and official.

What I have issue with is:-

1) The 2 against 1 vote! Karyn was clearly told that the vote would be split 3 ways! This was not brought up further during the voting period (as one member commented) as she had already been advised by the committee that this was how the voting would be allocated. It wasn't!!!

2 I have no problem with Scotland wanting a good share of committee positions, as said, you have an incredible following up there, so why not! What I do have a problem with is that Glyn and Dale put themselves up for nomination for Regional Organiser Co-ordinator and Club Secretary which would have given them each a position on the committee, so why contest a third position that was already filled by Karyn as Membership Secretary. She was happy to continue in this role and had made that very clear from the start. We now have a major issue of moving the vast amount of stationary, computer, printers, franking machine etc from Cornwall to Scotland. So far nobody has even bothered to contact her about it. Memberships are stacking up guys!!

3)A number of members are complaining about the 'them and us' situation - I still believe the logistics of running the SIDC as a North and South area with their own sub-committee's would improve to overall attendance at national events by committee members. We all know that the likes of Japfest and such are unlikely to be attended by committee members from the North, in the same way as the South won't drive to any northern events!! We all know how expensive Subaru's are to run so this is far too impractical. After all why was the Scottish Scoobie supporters set up in the first place and why did they pay a little more for membership? To be a voice in Scotland and be financially slightly independent whilst still flying the SIDC flag! (Sadly I'm not sure the extra money ever really got where it was due) So for Scottish members to start ranting about the 'them and us' situation is a little silly since they actually instigated a division in the first place!!

I know we all have different views on things and I'm sure you all have your own views on the way this new committee was formed. It's done, it's over, we must move on for the good of the SIDC.

Karyn is very hurt, angry and upset to have been effectivly 'Sacked' from the SIDC but comments from certain members like "no need for the negativity everyone had a chance to sound off...as Lord Sugar would say your fired don't take it to heart." well that kind of response doesn't really help, how would any of you really feel to be sacked!!

Dave

Hi Kaz i do apologise for the comment I made in my last post, I have very thick skin and get thrown comments like that to me on a daily basis i'n my line of work, however need to remember other people are not me. I have reflected on what i did say and to be honest there was no malice i'n it just my sick humour i hope you accept this as an appology you have contributed so much to the club over the years i wish you all the best.

Chris.

Karyn is very hurt, angry and upset to have been effectivly 'Sacked' from the SIDC but comments from certain members like "no need for the negativity everyone had a chance to sound off...as Lord Sugar would say your fired don't take it to heart." well that kind of response doesn't really help, how would any of you really feel to be sacked!!

Dave

Dave a lot of Common sense in all of your Post

I am certain that the new comittee members will bring some gains to the SIDC Table, we all hope that these gains will outway the loss of Karyn and Kim eperience. I hope all the members here wish them well and lets stop the "them and Us" war of words.

I don't care if SIDC is run from Cornwall, Edinburgh, Cardif or Crewe or my back garden, 30 meters or 500miles in todays world, it makes no difference IMHO(but please not an Asian call center)

Been a member for 10 years so heres My 2p's worth ;)

1) I don't understand the 3 way split vote but if this was agreed Prior to voting why did that not of happened?

2) People like me, all we do is "use" the SIDC and totally rely on hard working volunteers like Karyn to do our dirty work, then all "We" do is complain.

3) As from above you can see why not many people volunteer, so if they are in such short supply why completely hack them off???

4) I voted for Karyn and Kim because they were the best looking and lovelly people :D But in reality was because they are both hard working and commited SIDC members. I am very saddened that she has been upset and that there is no place for them within SIDC is criminal.

Tony

Hi Kaz i do apologise for the comment I made in my last post, I have very thick skin and get thrown comments like that to me on a daily basis i'n my line of work, however need to remember other people are not me. I have reflected on what i did say and to be honest there was no malice i'n it just my sick humour i hope you accept this as an appology you have contributed so much to the club over the years i wish you all the best.

Chris.

Well done for picking up on that Chris, knowing both of you I knew you meant no harm but I must admit it was a bit brutal.

"It takes a bigger man" and all that jazz.

Callum