Fairwell To you all from SHESCOOBY

Firstly I’d like to pass on my congratulations to Rob (Sti Pretender) on becoming the new club Chairman. I also like to offer my congratulations to Glyn and Dale for taking the role of Membership Secretary, amongst others!!! Commiserations to Kim who I’m sure is very disappointed not to be taking the club on as Chairperson.

I am not going to sit here and pretend I’m happy about the way the club has gone about things!! To start with, putting it politely, I am really hacked off that the role of Membership Secretary has been seemingly pulled from under my feet. Unlike the Chairman who wanted to stand down along with the Treasurer, and Club Secretary, Event co-ordinator, Regional organiser co-ordinator etc, I was happy to continue in my role as I have done for the last 6 years!! As I have said before, not content with just having one role each on the committee, Glyn and Dale have managed to secure 3, that of Membership secretary, Club secretary and Regional organiser co-ordinator. How this is a fair system when it comes to club decisions is beyond me! Do they vote 3 times for things or 3 times each or maybe only twice? Maybe it should be only once as they have been considered as one person for the vote against me despite me being told at the beginning that the vote would be split 3 ways and they would need to secure more than 66% to win. Sadly this was not spelt out in the voting and now closed, they have just claimed the victory and even changed the membership forum to show their names as opposed to mine, it’s a shame that, at the point of writing this, they haven’t even been online yet since taking over!!! Quite how the hell they can answer any questions when they don’t even know what the role involves!! I guess that was just to smack me in the face and say “Stuff you Kaz, We won!!” A tactful changeover, or should that be takeover, would have been a little more diplomatic but I guess that’s not your way!!!

Call it sour grapes if you like, yes you’re right it is but as I said I’m not going to hide the fact that I’m unhappy about the way things have been conducted and the fact that the majority of the major roles are now held north of the border by fewer people!! Maybe you should rename the club “Scottish Impreza Drivers Club”

As a national club we attended an enormous amount of shows, sadly I feel that major events like Japfest, Rallyday, etc will go by the wayside in favour of northern shows and southern events will no longer be attended by the SIDC. I suspect our new committee members are unlikely to be seen driving all the way down from Scotland to attend! Tell me if I’m wrong!!

Anyway, I would like to thank all of the 43% of voters that chose me to continue in the role. I am extremely grateful for your support and kind words. Sadly I am no longer your Membership Secretary and will have no further roll to play in any future of the SIDC. I have no axe to grind with Glyn or Dale, I’m sure they’ll do a great job despite I think underestimating the amount of work involved!!

I’m sure plenty of you will have much to say about this post but to be quite frank, I couldn’t care less. I am disgusted in the manner with which this takeover has been organised. Some will say that it was a democratic decision, mmm 2 against 1, I’d hardly call that democratic!! Sour grapes, yep, plenty!!

The whole thing stinks!

Just to make you aware, there is a Transit load of items that need picking up from Cornwall, quickly!!!!

Best wishes to you all,

Your ex-membership secretary

Kaz xx

It is a sad day when things go this way. Kaz you have done a fantastic job over the last 6 years and i remember the days and nights the head aches hypos and the sleepless night with worry. I just hope the new guys know what they are letting them selfs in for. Well good luck guys you have big shoes to fill.

I hope the guys down south give the club the same support they have in the past no matter where the chairman lives! There has been plenty events north of the boarder that SIDC has been represented at by all the Scottish members and i dont remember any English committee members making the trip up here? Lets not turn this into a them and us arguement and just work to make the club a better place!

I'm sure we'll keep in touch Kaz but you will be missed.

I've always thought of SIDC as a community, with you amongst the pillars of the community. Unfortunately that time has passed and rightly or wrongly we as a club need to move forward. It's just such a shame that it has to happen without the majority of the most passionate and active members the club has known.

Thank you for all your hard work and efforts over the years. Like I said, you will be missed.

Take care and make sure you enjoy the extra free time you'll have.

Cheers,

Stu

You took that well - not!

The process was decided by your former chairman and you had your chance to say your piece. Accept the decision and move on.

Thanks for all you have done up until now. I, and I'm sure all members, wish you well and I hope you will put the club first as you hand over your duties.

The former Chairman was the one that told me that the vote would be split 3 ways!!!

I have accepted it hence why I am saying goodbye..

As for handing over duties...............NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME YET AND THE NEW MEMBERSHIP SECRETARIES HAVENT EVEN BEEN ON YET!!!!

Everything is in the boxs ready to be collected!!

Kaz

:D

What can you mean?? It can never be a them and us argument, there's none of 'us' left!!! lol :rolleyes:

Surely everybody got the same chance to vote?

I wasnt involved as i am not a paid up member anymore! I dont know how many paid up members there are north and south of the boarder but i can only assume that more people from north of the boarder voted.

Surely everybody got the same chance to vote?

I wasnt involved as i am not a paid up member anymore! I dont know how many paid up members there are north and south of the boarder but i can only assume that more people from north of the boarder voted.

Everybody did indeed have the same chance to vote and yes Glyn and Dale did get the majority vote but out of the 56% that voted for them, you could say 28% voted for Glyn, 28% voted for Dale and 43% voted for Karyn!!

All is not equal in this vote!!

Anyway, it changes nothing, Glyn and Dale have been awarded the victory so congratulations to them both where ever they are! You would have thought they'd have been on here tonight of all nights though!

:( very sad day for the SIDC, very short sightedness,

having been a paid member for the last ten years.. (and not having a scoob for the last 6) the club has always been well supported on every level by people, over the last few years it's all changed. I'm not sure why.

Phil and Karyn have put so much of their own time into the club and i feel its been thrown back in their face.

well, from me (member 699). I know what you've put into it and what you put in you get out of it. Unfortunately this time it''s not turned out for the best. :9

Sorry you feel like that Karyn and need to post on the open forum, the simple fact is the majority of committee positions were taken by Scottish members was due to the lack of volunteers from England & Wales. The most active section is Scotland, based on Andy's figures.

As for shows and events I will be fully supporting Phil and JohnS to continue SIDC's attending as many shows as possible. Once we know the financial standing of the club we will be looking at improving stands and equipment and budgeting for replacing equipment once it passed it's best.

I'm sure Dale and Glyn are well aware of the amount of work they are taking on with the role of Membership Secretary as was discussed on the RO's Forum, they are of the opinion that between them they can make the role work. On the committee voting one member one vote will be the rule.

The new committee members aim to build on the reputation SIDC has and make it a bigger and better club.

its not been thrown in their face, Phil is still on the commitee and i know that Glyn and Dale were keen for Karyn to take on a role involved with the membership

this was voted on and if the majority of votes came from scotland then that says something about the paid membership of the club more than any conspiracy.

and id be entirely confident that the new commitee members will attend at least as many events in the south of england as the outgoing attended in the north of scotland.

Dale and Glyn are both in areas with at least a foot of snow and widespread powercuts,i suspect that may be affecting their online capability

please can everyone pull together to try and move the club forward to higher heights and a bigger membership - if your really worried about the future of the club there will be an agm soon, make sure your there and make your opinion known, its the only way forward!

Rob I wanted to post in General because most of the X members I know look in here! as they are now just forum members now.

I wanted to say my piece thats all, you all said your peice when you all wanted a re shuffle etc etc

Whats done is done and I wish all new committee members good luck!

Kaz

Hmmmm Chris!

Ok one day maybe just one day you mght be FIRED!

Maybe you will be negative about things!

Well kaz, thank you for your work over the last few years well done give your self a pat on the back no need for the negativity everyone had a chance to sound off...as Lord Sugar would say your fired don't take it to heart.

Chris...

Sorry but its funny when things kick off on the forum theres alway someone north of the border stiring......

Your point being?, That attitude seriously Irks me.

If it wasnt for us lot North of the border there wouldent even be enough members left in this club to keep it going, I've seen as much trouble South of the border than I have up here, I seem to remember a whole region leaving SIDC at one point a while back, so please don't give me that bulls**** Karyn.

id be entirely confident that the new commitee members will attend at least as many events in the south of england as the outgoing attended in the north of scotland.

I'm guessing that you are inferring that the previous committee members didn't attend any events in the North of Scotland so the new Committee are also not going to attend any events in the south!! So Karyn was correct in saying, No more SIDC attendance at major events like Japfest and Rallyday!!

It kind of makes me think we should have had a North and South section to the SIDC running compleatly seperatly!! Not to create a them and us situation as I have nothing at all against Scotland (before anyone acusses me of it) just because of the shear distances involved!! You guys cannot be expected to drive down here for all the Southern events as we could not drive up there for the Northern events.

With the large following you have up North, and the large proportion of committee positions you now hold it is sadly always going to create a 'them and us' situation. I really wonder how we got to this stage without trying to split the club and making a north and south region work independently of each other. After all did many from Scotland attend the Scooby Ball, of course not, it's too bladdy far!!! So simple, Scotland runs their Ball, England run theirs!!

I'm sure somebody has suggested this before, my opinion is that for the future of the club, it should have been made to work!! But that's just my opinion!

Lets hope the future is bright for the SIDC!!

Fine what ever you say!

I apologise

Kaz

Your point being?, That attitude seriously Irks me.

If it wasnt for us lot North of the border there wouldent even be enough members left in this club to keep it going, I've seen as much trouble South of the border than I have up here, I seem to remember a whole region leaving SIDC at one point a while back, so please don't give me that bulls**** Karyn.

Jeez, where is this North and South thing comming from it has 'never' been this way in the club before, even when everybody down South ran the club we still had our share of events up here, it's not as though things are going to change dramatically is it, Everybody on 'both' sides of the border will get to the same events as we have always done?

im suggesting that it wont take many attendances at southern events to equal things up, i believe the commitee did attend an event at knockhill a few years ago and im sure Robert is keen to get to as many events as he can to get opinions and meet members. for myself im hoping to make it to a few this year, i tried to organise a club prescence at TOTB this year but unfortunately it was too close to the event to get much interest but hopefully this year we'l have a stand there - its the sort of event we should be at in force, both promotionally and competing, team SIDC anyone?

i personally couldnt agree more, logistically its a nightmare trying to have a centralised club,2 halves would have made more sense but it was suggested and rejected so me make the best we can for now,try to save what we have got and maybe the commitee will bring that up at an agm in the future

Personaly I don't think we should be talking about the club as 2 halves north and south. It should be more ,"together we stand , divided we fall", there will be regional organizers in the north and south as there was, the new committee pulling together supporting each other and involving the members the club will be stronger. The club has to build on it's foundations not split them.

Splitting SIDC wouldn't benefit anyone, we have a great club and forum and the future is to build on that.

As for the Scooby Ball the first Scottish one was held this year and it was a great success, hopefully we can revive interest in the club and will be able to host the southern Scooby Ball again.

I don't see a reason why SIDC would stop attending events like Japfest or Rallyday, each region will still have the same equipment they had before if not more. Promoting the club as much as possible can only benefit the club so it wouldn't be in the clubs interest not to attend.