Sidc Membership

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get to choose your own picture next to your name :)

Supporting the cause is worthwhile though. Someone has to pay for all the website hosting, flags & marquees for trackdays, and other stuff.

How much is it now?

£30 and the mag may well run again. Also the membership pack and particularly supporting the club, the forums and the events which are run many with little or no funding at all.

Brian :(

I'll probably renew, as my discount from Cotswold Subaru is usually more than enough to cover the 30 quid, but for those who don't need the discount then i suspect the (free) forum is the best use of the funds?

Hard to tell what the subs get spent on as accounts don't seem to get published - there's enough old threads running in the archives about why the club hasn't held AGMs if you're ever unable to get to sleep :)

I am not currently a member as my membership expired last month. I haven't renewed largely due to an oversight to begin with and the fact I have been a bit fed up with the car, and to be honest it was within a whisker of being sold.

People should want to pay their membership to support and promote the club they are part of. In return they should benefit from various promotions and discounts.

I don't feel I benefit much from membership as I don't go to Track days, use main dealers and the insurance scheme was not competitive. That is just how it is however, some will benefit more than others.

I do however want to support the club and I will renew for that reason. I would even become a Scottish Scoobies Supporter if the additional money paid ever made it back north of the border.

It would be sad if we ended up in the situation where people don't renew as they don't think the club is worth supporting.

I think a lot of us know there is a lot going on in the background with the Scottish RO's who are all very enthusiastic and want to take the club forward in Scotland, and we will all find out what has been going on in the fullness of time.

I think a lot of us know there is a lot going on in the background with the Scottish RO's who are all very enthusiastic and want to take the club forward in Scotland, and we will all find out what has been going on in the fullness of time.

Not just Scotland mate, across the entire club as well :)

==================

Actually, just to add - the club is what you make of it, if you think there's things that you want to see happening, flag it up and/or go out and make it happen... if there's no meets in your area, organise one. If there's an event you think the club should be attending, organise a stand or flag it up with your local RO... if there isn't one, why not step up to the mark and give it a go?

Believe me, what you put in, you WILL get back out again!

Edited by stum450n
I do however want to support the club and I will renew for that reason.

Same for me James. Don't do tracks. Get a decent deal at Greers etc.

Darthmaul - as for no meets....just post up on the respective section with a date etc and see where it goes.

First time might be 3 cars....more the next etc. Got to be others thinking the same. :)

Same for me James. Don't do tracks. Get a decent deal at Greers etc.

Darthmaul - as for no meets....just post up on the respective section with a date etc and see where it goes.

First time might be 3 cars....more the next etc. Got to be others thinking the same. :)

The other things which should be highlighted is the work the Admin team, RO's, mods etc do is all free in their own time - and some people put in a hell of a lot of time for members.

Also, never to be overlooked, is the charity work and fundraising the club does for the greater good - without the club existing, these events, the look on the kids faces at the Santa Cruise and the help offered to others through help, advice and friendship is what make the club what it is.

Brian :(

The other things which should be highlighted is the work the Admin team, RO's, mods etc do is all free in their own time - and some people put in a hell of a lot of time for members.

Also, never to be overlooked, is the charity work and fundraising the club does for the greater good - without the club existing, these events, the look on the kids faces at the Santa Cruise and the help offered to others through help, advice and friendship is what make the club what it is.

Brian :o

Can't disagree with any of that :mellow:

The problem for me in this thread is that all the benefits that are getting listed are all "cost-free". To the best of my knowledge, all the discounts / deals etc come from good persuasive hard work by a few individuals on behalf of the club - but aren't something that SIDC has to fund centrally.

Strangely, the only obvious cost that we can all see funded by SIDC is this forum - and we give that away free to non-members :D

Anyone "in the know" willing to tell us where the money does get spent?

This is the first club that I have been a member off that does not publish accounts,

Going by the memberlist there are 946 paid up members which makes an income of £28,380 @ £30 a skull.

Graeme

28k a year :mellow:

I'm not a member cos i think the sidc is being too greedy!!! most sites I'm a paid member of only charge £10 per year or is it just because I'm a tight aberdonian!!

My membership is due in April, and I WILL be renewing it again.

I've been a member for about 10 years (I think it's about that anyway, maybe more) No. 643, so it's an early one.

I Don't get a wee icon or picture next to my name though <------------------------------------------ :mellow:

I think my original username was DavieR, but passwords are on an old computer - long since dumped.

I've met a lot of good friends, many of them not on here anymore, but we still keep in touch.

I try to get to events - never as many as I would like to, but will try harder this year.

But the main interest for me are the SIDC track days run by JohnS (who never gets enough praise in my opinion for all the works he's done since the very beginning of the SIDC)

He's probably organised 40 - 50 events at Knockhill since the first in 1999, and bar a handful, I've managed most of them.

Long may it continue

Davy

I second the sentiments of the ROs who've already posted...

There is a significant level of unrest in the club about value-for-money at the moment, which is why there has been such a vigorous response from the ROs... much of which is invisible on the forums as it's carried out by e-mail etc.

All opinions are valued... constructive suggestions are valued even more - as noted, it's a big club, and run in people's spare time, so changes don't happen quickly... we're trying to improve that, and - in time - hopefully everyone can help with that.

A reply to this one would be appreciated.

True grip costs more than the membership fees to produce and post. :mellow:

Accounts aren't posted on the RO's forum either, we're all hoping to work together with admin and the committee to reduce costs, see where the money is spent and how we can use it better.

As Glyn has say it will take time but we hopefully things will change soon.

Robert

True grip costs more than the membership fees to produce and post. :mellow:

I really can't believe that for what, 4000 magazine per year? The maganizes must also bring in an element of funding given the adverts in them.

But if it is true does it really make sense to use all the membership fees and more to produce a club magazine?