Iphoners

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tunin.FM for live radio incl. BBC stations etc. ifighter lite for a fun top down scroller and Scramble for a word search game with a very nice interface. Off to check Flight Control :blush:

Someone also tweeted about Lemonade Tycoon or something? Its free too :crying:

EDIT: Got Flight Control - saw that the other night and was quite interested to see if it was as good as the reviews say....bbl :crying:

Edited by pmacFTO

Was out with my m8 and his 17yr old son and he showed me his jailbreak iphone - he said there's no risk of bricking it these days and that there is plenty great stuff out there for it. He even had an app to record video! Used it to capture Jeremy Clarkson and James May at The Balmoral yesterday. He did say that he has bricked it about 18 times but it's been fixable everytime so I'm not scared to do stuff like this but I can understand why others are!

By jailbreaking it you can also use any network (with a turbo sim) so you do not need to stick to the £35 a month tarrif on O2 :blush:

The list of jailbreak apps is impressive too so I think I am gonna do it later today :crying:

w00t! Jailbroken now - amazing what apps you can get!

Recording videos is great - and iphone browser is good as you can drag and drop files on and off it.

Nice to be able to completely change the look too...I now have 5 icons in each row instead of 4 so you can see more on each page :blush:

Jailbreaking doesnt mean you can stick any simcard in. If you have updated to the recent firmware, it will still allow jailbreak but now randomly changes the carrier signal, meaning that a simcard that doesnt match the IMEI number that 02 have on record of your phone will not work.

Jailbreak is full proof now. Ive jailbroken loads of my mates Iphones and Itouch and hasnt happened once. Make sure you download Cydia, which holds and relist repositories everyday. This means you dont need to download an Iphone browser, and constantly have to go back to your laptop to "load-up" your iphone.

My advice would be the Snes Emulator. I play Street Fighter constantly!

cheers m8 - yes - I read up on Yellowsn0w and took heed of the warnings about it not working with the current baseband update (unless you save a custom firmware/IPSW but as I have no plans to use another SIM I'm happy to go with just Cydia/Installer using Quickpwn :blush:

Stuck ICY on now too and got All Sources installed for Cydia but it takes even longer to load now lol

Also got Installous on and picking up some nice apps :crying:

Off to get some new themes now

Edited by pmacFTO

Hey I've got Pocket Dyno (the lite free version) Its a bit of fun but think thats about it. I set it up for my 2001 uk 300. Inputted weight etc into the stats. But havent tested it on my uk300 yet. but showed my dad the other day when i was in his GB270 so we gave it a blast at a cross roads emulating a quarter mile drag from standing. With the input figures being for a 2L not a 2.5L (such as the gb270) the accuracy of the results is okay.

It estimated 314 WHP 0-60 = 4.1 sec and 0-100=7.64 sec

anyone else used this of the full version? and is there any other cool petrol head apps out there????

just got Backgrounder - why did apple not have this on the iPhone in the first place!

Also Air Sharing is great - can drag files back and forth between iphone and PC/Mac using wireless and shared folders :crying: Themes are great too currently using:

Alienware%20Xenomorph%20iPhone%20Themes.jpg

- also got the app to make it 5 colums and 5 rows so much more on each screen in Springboard - also 5 items in Dock too.

and a few apps I am trying for recording video with the iPhone - the quality is actually pretty good in good light! I'll post a link up to one when I get in from the dog walk :D

It is indeed like a whole new phone again ;)

Edited by pmacFTO

Question, seeing as I have resisted buying an iphone for so long and being due for an upgrade should I buy one or what and see if new version is a coming ( rumoured to be June/July).

Love some o the apps you can get, makes my Win Mobile 6 device look poor now.

Scott, I hate mobile phones but love the iPhone :crying:

The new version is only 32gb I think, other than that the software will be the same as currently (until the new version comes out in summer, which is a free upgrade for existing owners anyway).

The new version doesn't exist nudge nudge wink wink.

If the rumours are to be believed - and they were right last time - then it'll be announced in June for a July release. The current one is cheaper now than it used to be which is usually a sign of shifting the remaining stock before the next one appears. Expect shortages of the current one in june.

Also the video cable has been seen getting punted off cheaply as the new one is likely to support hi-def video out.

Yeh I know what ya mean, will wait a month or so as although I fancy one (and have done for some time) the rumour mill is that a price cut and pro one will be announced next month..... although when do apple ever do the expected. My upgrade date is star wars day (may the 4th) so thought I would make the jump but patience grasshopper seems to be the order of the day.