Iphoners

well after 8 months of having an iphone use it all the time for music phone etc without a cover dropped it loads of times , i decide to buy a cover for it this week so what happened i had it in my back pocket of my overalls today and i smashed the bloody screen

nightmare!

had a laugh in 02 they want 310 quid to fix it!

ebay here i come

neil

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

tvcatchup is cool Imy, live tv (well, 30 second delay) and mostly freeview channels. Just punch in iphone.tvcatchup.com into safari, then press the + icon then "Add to home screen". Doesn't work on 3G though.

Do you have sky? If so, get Sky+, you can set your box to record form it, pretty handy if you are out and about.

And, of course, iplayer, again, doesn't work on 3G!

As for paid-for-apps, I've not paid for an app yet :wub:

Edited by 4hero

Both iPlayer AND tvcatchup work on the iPhone 3G. Been watching E4 on my 3G for a while now at work when I'm bored.

I use everyday apps that are'nt quite "cool" like MetOffice for the weather and Facebook to keep an eye on the social life (or what I have left of one).

Also try 5-0 radio. The American Police use the same frequency format as iPhones do, so you can listen to a selection of America's finest busting criminals into submission with your very own iPhone Police Scanner!

Had my iPhone for three months now and it's the best phone I've ever owned. Tv catch up is great as well as the sky+ recording app. Another app I use is 7.0 MPX which if you use to take pictures it uploads them to your computer as 7 mega pixels instead of the standard 2 mega pixels and it's free. I also use the ebuddy app a lot which let's you use all the messenger services like yahoo, msn, aim and facebook.

Steve

Edited by steveairdrie

Recommended freebies -

eBay

Sky News

ScotTraffis (bloody brilliant)

Google Earth

Auto Trader - take a photo of a number plate and get loads of info on the car

BMW M Power Mter - like Dynolicous, but free

Speed-o-meter

Yell.com

iPlayer

Recommended paid ( :wub: ) ones

MSN Mobile

Whatsapp

TOMTOM

Naivigon

CamerAlert

Pocket Dyno

Car Track

Red Laser

Tap Tap Metallica

Crop Suey

Angry Birds - soooo addictive

A million more but these would be missed the most. Oh and of course Cydia

I've been using Road Trip (Lite version then got the paid for version) for over a year now. It tracks fuel used and cost per litre, mpg, average mileage (monthly, yearly) servicing costs etc. My WRX is averaging 27.32mpg apparently.

I've also got

WRC 2010

Ifooty

Sky Sports Football

Amazon

E-Bay

IOSMaps

Angry Birds - it is damn addictive

Flixster - cinema guide

and loads of others.

ScotTraffic is good. Got half way through building something similar myself before I noticed someone else had :)

Freebies I use and recommend:

Facebook

Weather Channel

Skype (great if you're on a smaller contract or running out of mintues and have a free wifi connection available)

Shazam (is this still free, maybe not anymore?)

eBay

Last.FM

Sky Sports football scores

Vouchercloud (savy shopping tastic!)

Springpad or Evernote, haven't decided what one I'm going to keep yet

Flixster for film times

Gorillacam - better camera app than the built in one

Sky+

Urbanspoon for food reviews

Paid apps that I think are worth it. Apps first, games second:

Tweetie 2 - best twitter client if you're into that sort of thing

NetNewsWire Premium - RSS reader, also available in free variety, but I love it enough to pay for it.

National Rail - not cheap, but their website is crap now and this app works perfect.

Games:

Flight Control

Angry Birds (3 stars on all levels finally last night)

Homerun battle 3D

Peggle

and tonnes more, but those are my all time favourites

Angry birds is great

Paper Toss is addictive

Parachute Ninja is addictive aswell, although im stuck at it just now.

Sky Sports score centre, to find out how good or in my case bad your fantasy team has done

Baby Scratch (dj scratch type thing, free and really good, good battle sounds and can record your own voice and sc sc scratch B) )

iPint for a cold one

What??? How long did that take you?

Much, much, much too long. 5-20 (the one that looks like London bridge) was the hardest one by miles. There was a few others that took a bit of luck, but most of them once you finally have the "ah-ha" moment they're fairly straightforward.

and for which Episodes?

I'm on level 2 for Episode 1 and love the total destruction caused by the black birds B)

All episodes, all levels. 5 worlds of 21 levels each, all 3 starred.

Chris Moyles was talking about completeing it last week and he said nothing happens - remember that moment when you finished a game like Jet Set Willy or something and you got the "Completed" Screen and some sort of fanfare....gone are the days B):headbang:

I sold out about a month ago and joined the iPhone revoluton. So far so good. I have a couple of questions for those in the know: 1) can the latest iPhone be jailbroken? 2) can the apps store and iTunes still be accessed on the phone when jailbroken? 3) will apps downloaded from the app store, still work on a jailbroken phone? 4) what are the drawbacks (if any) of a jailbroken phone. 5) why would I want the JB anyway?

Ok ok, that was more than a couple :lol:

I'm currently on the £45/month contract on Voda. Oh I should say that games on the phone hold zero interest for me!

Thanks!

Jw

1) can the latest iPhone be jailbroken? What software version are you on? Go into settings, general, about.

2) can the apps store and iTunes still be accessed on the phone when jailbroken? - yes

3) will apps downloaded from the app store, still work on a jailbroken phone? - yes

4) what are the drawbacks (if any) of a jailbroken phone. - Depends on the jailbreak method you use. Only one I have come accross so far is if I let the battery go to zero the phone will not start and I will have to re-do it

5) why would I want the JB anyway? It allows you to change many of the settings that apple have locked down. If you wanted to you could also add apps and ringtones etc without using the istore.

Gosh, I wish my Android phone could do that.... oh wait a minute... :P

And just about every other phone as well. Can't even delete uploaded pics or Bluetooth them to others. Same with any other type of media. I detest having to use iTunes and if you click a checkbox here or there by mistake you end up losing stuff! You can create MP3 ring tones using iTunes though but what a carry on! It's defo not user friendly and pity the inexperienced user. Still though, the phone is easy to use, it's pretty slick and it looks good. Now if only the battery would last more than 5 minutes! B)