Iphoners

My contract runs out on the 30th of June which should be fortunate timing. Probably jump ship to whoever is offering best deal. Or Vodafone as I can get a signal in the office then. Damn bomb proof concrete buildings blocking mobile signals.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your contract is up at the 30th June Stephen and your woth 02, you shouldve recieved your upgrade code 3 months ago!

I took on my 2nd iphone this week. A friend works in the Apple shop and told me the staff are allowed to place deposits on the iphone 4. My deposit has been given!! WOOHOO!

3GS 3.1.3 JAILBREAK SOFTWARE!!

www.spiritjb.com

Select your OS "Windows" or "Mac"

Select "RUN"

Plugin your iPhone and select Jailbreak...done. Simple as that> 60 seconds max and loads Cydia onto your iPhone.

Have fun!

What's Cydia??? I HATE not knowing stuff!

OK, another iPhone virgin question of the stupid variety: I have lost all my data on a recently crashed HDD - so, if I reinstall iTunes and sync my phone, will I LOSE all my suff like pics, apps, music and ringtones OR will the stuff on my phone by saved to iTunes? I ask this because there have been times stuff has gone missing during the sync phase and now I really don't trust iTunes, actually, I HATE it!

If you have your library saved somewhere it will be fine John. Otherwise - get your iTunes in order first before doing a sync again. It should copy back the apps, but not music etc.

I don't have it saved elsewhere though; as I said, the library items were on the crashed HDD.

What's Cydia??? I HATE not knowing stuff!

Hi John,

Cydia is where you can download lots of un-orthodox goodies from! One BIG bank of many different sources, supplied straight to your handset.

Themes, ringtones, sms alerts, emulators. Pretty much anything you wanted to change, or do on your phone is now possible! Inside Cydia it has lots of different sub-categories for you to look through and updates itself with new software everytime you log back on.

It really is better to Jailbreak, I had actually forgotten how addictive it becomes looking through the updated software everyday! Make sure your signal is at 3G when downloading.

My advice would be search for Winterboard as soon as you are up and running in Cydia. There is a search engone that will make it easy for you. Once Winterboard is on your iPhone, you can start customizing it as any Themes, SMS alerts or wallpapers are launched from Winterboard.

Any other issues drop me a line!

(Info reposted in Jailbreak thread)

o2 sell a pack of 3 screen protectors for £10 for the iPhone which I found to be very good. I think they'd maybe fit the touch alright. If not - HMV sell exspect ones which I've used before without a problem. One of them took a hit for the team when I skited my phone across the floor in the office on its face.

Case wise - depends on the kind she'd like. I personally use a Marware CEO slip case that I've ghetto modded by taking the crap belt clip off of it. I prefer the phone itself to remain uncased for ergonomics. I did try a silicon case (a pain for getting it out of pockets with taking the rest of the pocket with you) and a griffin hard case (bulk + broke quickly) but liked neither in the end. I do have a Gelaskin protecting the back from scratching mind you, but it adds nothing in the way of bulk!

I bought a snap on Hello Kitty cover for my little ones itouch. When she drops it it explodes off in spectacular style and frightens her to looking after if for a few days. Unfortunately is does stop it working on the doc as it's a little bulky.

Have a look on ebay, theres a million to choose from.

I bought a snap on Hello Kitty cover for my little ones itouch. When she drops it it explodes off in spectacular style and frightens her to looking after if for a few days. Unfortunately is does stop it working on the doc as it's a little bulky.

Have a look on ebay, theres a million to choose from.

Thanks Colin, no doubt lots are rubbish though, just wanted to see if anyone said don't buy ........

New level of angry birds out :blush:

They're quite tough in places. Finished them all at 1 star at least, but only got 26 out of 45 stars so there's still some flying to be done! Not found the golden egg yet either. Very slack.

Anyone get the RAC app? Best traffic one I've saw so far, and free too.

• 1 month later...

4729932542_019112a0bb.jpg

Isn't she lovely?

Unfortunately as I'm a) at work and ;) waiting for the number to port over, I've not had much of a chance to turn it on and have a good play with it.

But I did turn it on to get the iTunes connect screen and it's super smooth. Makes the old display look quite poor!