Iphoners

JB the phone Welsho and then get Dtunes - you can just use iPhone Explorer on your PC or Mac and copy any movies or MP3s into the relevant folder and DTunes will play them. I also use Handbrake to convert AVIs etc into MP4 for use on the phone. Again can get it for Mac and PC.

Also when you JB it you can put SBsettings on and it gives you very quick access to 3G/Wifi/running processes (like task manager on PC) and memory recovery which is great if the phone is running slow. I swith off 3G and Wifi when cycling and using the GPS and that saves a lot of battery power.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, I wish my Android phone could do that.... oh wait a minute... B)

Android is a great os. It's just a shame that google are so poor at keeping it in order. It's barely a year old and you can buy phones with 4 different versions of the os. They should have learned from the winmo debacle.

Jon, check out iClarified.com for a how to guide.
JB the phone Welsho and then get Dtunes - you can just use iPhone Explorer on your PC or Mac and copy any movies or MP3s into the relevant folder and DTunes will play them. I also use Handbrake to convert AVIs etc into MP4 for use on the phone. Again can get it for Mac and PC.

Also when you JB it you can put SBsettings on and it gives you very quick access to 3G/Wifi/running processes (like task manager on PC) and memory recovery which is great if the phone is running slow. I swith off 3G and Wifi when cycling and using the GPS and that saves a lot of battery power.

Thanks guys :PB)

Welsho - you are absolutely bang on about iTunes (the PC/Mac app, not the store). For a product to be so mature yet still be so useless is quite shocking. If there's one thing Apple are then it's perfectionists so how this has slipped through the net baffles me.

Maybe iPhone 4.0 and the next version of iTunes will resolve it.

Personally - I have all my mail and contacts and calendars "in the cloud" anyway so didn't need to go through the trouble with that, so I purely use iTunes for managing music/video/apps for the phone. I was quite fortunate to have a nicely organised music library (outside of iTunes) before I got my iPhone and all I've needed to do since then was remember to add new albums in to iTunes.

New app time - Football Manager 2010 out. I was an old school player of Champ manager before the great CM/FM split ocurred. Very tempted to get this, but it is £6.99.

• 2 weeks later...
A man of your calibre must be able to get to a mac surely?

Stephen, its bad enough that I have an iPhone never mind getting close to a Mac! I'm not that bothered about it to be honest. I'm sure, given time, there will be a JB solution for my version on the PC :P

Stephen, its bad enough that I have an iPhone never mind getting close to a Mac! I'm not that bothered about it to be honest. I'm sure, given time, there will be a JB solution for my version on the PC :P

I've got an external drive with osx installed on it that my dell mini9 boots. It's apple but for cheap ;)

Neil - if there's one thing the iPhone doesn't do then that's phone calls.

Through my day job, I get to work with some of the Scottish games companies. Our local games developers have developed some great stuff from Lemmings to GrandTheftAuto. Now these our guys are going mobile so how about ...

• Bloons
  • BloonsTD
  • LowGravRacer
  • iBomber
  • Astroranch

I was at an event this afternoon ... there are many more in the pipeline.

And thats before the iPad games get loose. Had my hands on one today. Very nice :beer::o:lol: