Mcrae Print On Ebay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:driving:

Aye the barstewards are all crawling out of the woodwork now, I wondered how long it would take after the first print appeared on flea-bay before others would jump on the bandwagon.

Fcukers make me sick, this was supposed to be a fund raising event for true subaru fans of Colin Mcrae, a chance to be involved in a one off occasion

rant rant rant

Bloody sickening, I hope the Royal Mail loses these in the post with no insurance and both parties end up fighting each other for the money. The bare minimum to be donated back to the charity is 80% in my opinion (the rest to cover the cost of purchase and postage), if it was a genuine reason for sale (which I don't actually believe).

Bloody scumbags - and I'm sorry, but I don't believe the bidders are any better for putting more than the original price on as a bid.

I'm sorry that Grant and Imy have to see such things happen after all their hard work.

in case any of you are tempted to spend a couple of hundred pounds on a print, hang fire and wait for these to be finalised and put on sale.

Give your money to the cause instead of lining someone elses pockets....

Prints 2 to 6 have already been signed by Jimmy McRae and have been passed to SWRT to get more signatures for us.

Prints 550 to 555 will be auctioned off on eBay International.

As a super special bonus, they will come with a copy of a McRae Gathering sticker (an original registration one) which has been signed by the old timers and rally legends during the McRae Stages in Perth.

it makes me sick.

honestly my stomach dropped when I saw it sold for £345 and the charity is only getting 40%.

the worse thing is that Grant and I are still working our ar$es off on this,

the event is still "live" for us, and will be until we hand all the money we've raised to the McRae family.

this has taken over our lives for the past 12 months and we have spent our own money, from our own pocket, paying for things to make it happen.

For some guy to keep 60% himself is disgusting.

whats even more nauseous is I had to make companies like Roger Clark Motorsport, Scoobyclinic and even Subaru UK promise and swear blind that they can only have a display stand at Warwick on the proviso that THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY from our event

- it is a fundraising event for Colin, not a trade show.

this eBayer has just sucked all our hard work down the drain and is the ONLY ONE to profit from this for very little effort (so far).

yes I know the print is theirs to sell, but this is how I feel and its sucks :driving:

and yes I also know that there may be a spate of other folk selling their print and it makes me think "whats the point in doing this."

I dont want to go online anymore.

the Gathering has become too personal for me.

even with the credit crunch & all that kinda milarky i'd sooner see myself go without food & fuel than contimplate selling my print. i see it every night i fall asleep & every morning when i wake up. it's framed nicely up on my bedroom wall & is a reminder of one of the best weekends of my life.

i can imagine it being really disheartening imy but for everyone of these b@wbags selling theirs off for a profit on ebay theirs loads of people who appreciate all your & grants time & commitment to an amzing event.

it makes me sick.

honestly my stomach dropped when I saw it sold for £345 and the charity is only getting 40%.

the worse thing is that Grant and I are still working our ar$es off on this,

the event is still "live" for us, and will be until we hand all the money we've raised to the McRae family.

this has taken over our lives for the past 12 months and we have spent our own money, from our own pocket, paying for things to make it happen.

For some guy to keep 60% himself is disgusting.

whats even more nauseous is I had to make companies like Roger Clark Motorsport, Scoobyclinic and even Subaru UK promise and swear blind that they can only have a display stand at Warwick on the proviso that THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY from our event

- it is a fundraising event for Colin, not a trade show.

this eBayer has just sucked all our hard work down the drain and is the ONLY ONE to profit from this for very little effort (so far).

yes I know the print is theirs to sell, but this is how I feel and its sucks :driving:

and yes I also know that there may be a spate of other folk selling their print and it makes me think "whats the point in doing this."

I dont want to go online anymore.

the Gathering has become too personal for me.

Imy, I know we've had our differences, but I'm 100% with you on this one. When I first saw it posted on Ebay I thought "Is this what we did the recce for?". "Is this what we stuffed all those envelopes for?", "Is this what we went through all the stress for?", "Is this why I stood at a junction in the pissing rain for 3 hours directing traffic for?". I know Grant and yourself have done shitloads more post-event than I have, but I find profiteering on this scale beneath contempt. 40%? Peanuts. 100% of profit was the only ever acceptable donation.

hi Imy

it makes me sick on these folk who profit from this

can you not name and shame them as you would know who got what print as they are numbered

clue - take the domain name from the ebay email address

look up domain name in various on line tools to find owner name / contact details

search google for any other key words / postcodes that come out of the above.

also - just take the domain name from the email address and see what person / business can be found on that web site.

Sadly, knowing who they are doesn't get the money into the right charity or make them feel guilty :driving:

Was there anything in the terms and conditions of purchase that said no sell on? I've been guilty of profiteering on a couple of limited edition things in the past, but never when it was for charity.

The 40% donation (or worse - the 10% one) is absolutely derisory.

I hope whoever ends up with the print cherishes it though, the people selling them don't deserve them now.

I am absolutely astounded at the price it has sold for. :o

Unfortunately, they have paid the £40 to buy it, so legally it is theirs and they are perfectly entitled to sell it on. Morally? Well that is a different matter entirely.

The amount of work that went into the organisation of the event itself together with the distribution of the raffle prizes, auction items, prints, not to mention the posters which are yet to come was incredible and it must a big kick in the balls for the McRae Gathering team to see a small minority profiting significantly from their hard work.

I think it is so out of order. :P;):crying::)

Now one has sold for that, I reckon that, unfortunately, we will see a good few more.

Unfortunately, it is just a reflection of the world in which we live. You saw it when Colin died, Ebay just filled up with stuff going for silly money. Despite there being some items that I would have given my right arm for, there was no way I would pay the money to people who simply saw the tragedy as a way of making a quick buck.

You could set up a spoof Ebay account and just sabotage the auction, but then that is just stooping down to their level.

As for my print and signed shirt from the auction, I would never even think of selling them, never mind to make a profit. They will be getting framed and will be taking pride of place on the wall and as part of my collection of memorabilia for many years to come.

Rant over!!

:(:):D

I am absolutely astounded at the price it has sold for. :o

Unfortunately, they have paid the £40 to buy it, so legally it is theirs and they are perfectly entitled to sell it on. Morally? Well that is a different matter entirely.

The amount of work that went into the organisation of the event itself together with the distribution of the raffle prizes, auction items, prints, not to mention the posters which are yet to come was incredible and it must a big kick in the balls for the McRae Gathering team to see a small minority profiting significantly from their hard work.

I think it is so out of order. :);):):P

Now one has sold for that, I reckon that, unfortunately, we will see a good few more.

Unfortunately, it is just a reflection of the world in which we live. You saw it when Colin died, Ebay just filled up with stuff going for silly money. Despite there being some items that I would have given my right arm for, there was no way I would pay the money to people who simply saw the tragedy as a way of making a quick buck.

You could set up a spoof Ebay account and just sabotage the auction, but then that is just stooping down to their level.

As for my print and signed shirt from the auction, I would never even think of selling them, never mind to make a profit. They will be getting framed and will be taking pride of place on the wall and as part of my collection of memorabilia for many years to come.

Rant over!!

:(:angry::o

:(

I just wish i could have expressed myself as elequently as this, eveytime I tried to post my thoughts I was so incensed by it all that I could only type very rude words!

:D:crying:

Edited by little green goblin
sicking ;)

as thats the 3rd print at 62 quid and rising

why do these muppets by prints and sell them, it should have went to a true fan

Been away in the lorry for a couple of days and just caught up with whats going on.I didnt realise there was now more of these on ebay until i read yer post big man, makes ye feel sick to the stomach that these scumbags are profiteering from what was a great tribute to the weekend when we celebrated the life of our hero.I can't even begin to imagine the hurt this brings to Grant and Imy after all the work that has been done and still ongoing.Don't be disheartened, as the majority are decent people.

P.s A note to anyone selling these to profiteer.......I hope yer hooses burn doon!!

P.s A note to anyone selling these to profiteer.......I hope yer hooses burn doon!!

thats a bloody good note ;)

i dont think anybody in scottish scoobies would do such a thing though, they would be sent to coventry, then disowned, then hung drawn and quartered for it. :crying:

I will be honest with you....

...I had my print on Ebay and I was going to take my £47 and donate 15% to NSPCC and the balance to a local charity that our region supports. I have since viewed your thread and have taken the print off Ebay as I can see that you are all annoyedand upset with the sale of them.

I have lots of items for sale as I have lost my job and need the money to support my family and keep a roof over their heads. The last thing that I would want to do is get to the point where I need to sell my Subaru to pay for things but having read your posts on here it becomes easier to part with the car and to leave the community.

Some people have geniune reasons to part with something that they would rather keep and I personally am insulted and p***ed of with these comments - not everyone is out to profit from the Gathering.

As for the "I hope yer hooses burn doon" lets hope I still have one next year.

I will be honest with you....

...I had my print on Ebay and I was going to take my £47 and donate 15% to NSPCC and the balance to a local charity that our region supports. I have since viewed your thread and have taken the print off Ebay as I can see that you are all annoyedand upset with the sale of them.

I have lots of items for sale as I have lost my job and need the money to support my family and keep a roof over their heads. The last thing that I would want to do is get to the point where I need to sell my Subaru to pay for things but having read your posts on here it becomes easier to part with the car and to leave the community.

Some people have geniune reasons to part with something that they would rather keep and I personally am insulted and p***ed of with these comments - not everyone is out to profit from the Gathering.

As for the "I hope yer hooses burn doon" lets hope I still have one next year.

TBH i could understand your circumstances with not having a job and all, but what really got my back up was withing minutes of that one being sold last night for all that money somebody else had theres up with no excuse, all they did was copy the details from the mcrae site and put it on ebay, nothing more than looking to make a few quid out of it IMO

and Dunc,

Bailey's auction was the 2nd one that was put on eBay, not the 3rd one that appeared last night and copied my words

yup im digging you on this Imy, it was the third one that got me rattled not the second, i understand hes been paid off etc, happening to loads at the moment im afraid :crying: but withing minutes of the first making all that money the third suddenly appeared if you know what i mean ;)

I must admit that I am still receiving offers on this print even though it has been taken off Ebay as I had 48 people watching it.. I can assure you that it will remain with me and that it will not be sold. I am now directing people to this site and making them aware of the special prints that will be listed soon.

I apologise for upsetting people over my listing.

Please view my other items on Ebay though. LOL

Edited by Bailey73

One thing that I could never sell or give away are my memories of that weekend... The tear in my eye all the way from the Market Place in Lanark to Prodrive in Banbury, every motorway bridge with the banners and support and the united feeling within the Subaru community... That will live with me forever and I am still proud to have been part of it.

Well done Bailey. Great move by you! Get some links up to your other stuff in the for sale section!

Personally i don't trust anyone that says they'll donate to charity, at the end of the day these are being flogged for a profit, these people should be honest.

Can the team ask the auctioneer's to donate money back to them and confirm if and when this happens so we at least know they haven't lied (as i suspect they have)

5t.