Mcrae Print On Ebay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so bid 3 is at £160, so this is a bummer, and at that he'll make about £80 if it stays at that amount (and why would any idiot pay more to an unscrupulous t**t like that).

Bid 4 doesn't even have any bids so far - Ha Ha - serves them right.

Grant and Imy, that isn't joining them, that is showing them how it should be done , so well done for being smart enough to do it.

I hope people bid well and high for both of these.

No3 - print no 471 went for £160

No4 - print no 244 for £82 so far

No5 - print no 257 at £102 so far - c'mon the gathering B)

good to see the poster up there at £77 so far

hope those who failed to get No3 put their cash towards the No5 from Imy, not the other profiteer

Have been watching the limited prints on E-bay and am so happy that the people who have purchased these items for the very reasonable asking price and that are now deliberately trying to make a profit have seen there prints freeze at the price they are and been overtaken by the Gathering Teams, If the print meant anything to them they would have removed as they are not going to get hopefully anywhere near the true value that the print is worth. I do not have a limited edition print and would not give a penny profit to anyone selling even though I would probably give my left and right arm to own one as long as someone would hang it up for me. HAPPY to say my £££ will be going to No 5...

Guest CRAIG D
Moi 2 C'mon Bidder 8 :lol:

Excellent funds raised for McRae vision, Superb to see that the McRae Gathering poster has out shone the other posters.

Well done the McRae Gathering Team

:lol:

I was wondering who bidder 8 was.

C'MON ME

well done Stuart, you've now got a Limited Print AND a A1 poster signed by Jimmy :lol:

and here we go again!

print 6: "a donation to charity"

print 7: 100% to charity

interesting to see that this is the 2nd print that this particular eBay seller has listed :lol:

edit to add this was the 1st item he listed - no mention of anything going to charity

must admit it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth to see these on eBay

but I'm getting a sense of satisfaction to see our ones are selling better than the others that are wanting to profit from our event

Edited by micra_wrc
Guest CRAIG D
Booo Yoooou :beer:

Are you Mr Bidder 7 lol Ya a bad man :beer:

Aw the best

CONGRATS M8 ON WINNING

Was gutted i didnt get it. I got called out and thought id be back in time but i didnt get home til 1am this mornin

GUTTED :lol:

:lol::lol:

Edited by CRAIG D
Thanks Stuart

I will PM you my number and i will drop both the prints off over the weekend to your house

Message received and reply sent.

well done Stuart, you've now got a Limited Print AND a A1 poster signed by Jimmy

must admit it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth to see these on eBay

but I'm getting a sense of satisfaction to see our ones are selling better than the others that are wanting to profit from our event

Thanks Imy, I'm sorry that other peoples greed is causing you heartache, but what you and the team achieved is beyond belief, I had the greatest time from the moment I received my Gathering stickers and proudly displayed them on my car months before the event and where two are still displayed, the whole weekend was AMAZING, I even got my sticker from you at the end, surprised you don't remember me I was in the Black Subaru!!! :lol:

CONGRATS M8 ON WINNING

Was gutted i didnt get it. I got called out and thought id be back in time but i didnt get home til 1am this mornin

GUTTED

Thanks Craig, You were up against a stronger will in the force of my girlfriend apparently she never loses :lol: it was my Xmas lunch yesterday followed by a few light refreshments in Glasgow :lol: So I wasn't aware of the bidding, She didn't even tell me I had won until 5 o'clock tonight..I'm sure you will get the next one GOOD LUCK mate :beer:

• 1 month later...

goddammit :huh:

after the high of selling the last 6 prints for £3,700 ish last night there's another print on ebay...

this listing is particularly grating

none of the money will go to charity,

she's selling her "ex partners" print (i hope the poor boy knows that she's doing this),

doesnt want to get "involved with the politics of why she's selling it",

has 0 feedback (makes me think she's signed up to eBay just to sell the print)

and she cant even spell "MCRAE" right ;):D

and why do people think that having the original packaging is a selling point?

arrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

its really starting to get on my nerves now.

do these people know that it is a CHARITY EVENT to remember a fallen hero???

so what do you think..........

should we list another print and compete against her auction?

i've still got a handful of prints left.......

imy

goddammit :brickwall:

so what do you think..........

should we list another print and compete against her auction?

i've still got a handful of prints left.......

imy

Yes, Imy, just do it to annoy them. The only thing is that eventually you will run out of prints, and these scum will still crawl out of the woodwork after that.

There is a lesson to be learned here.

A number of posters/prints etc have been printed and sold with proceeds going towards charity.

The objective was achieved.

You now have a situation where people are selling *their* purchased print for whatever personal reasons. In terms of profiteering from the sale, this goes on no matter who or what it is and will never stop, however, there are a number of people selling collectibles who have no interest in the item they are selling.

In the case of the above auction, i get the impression she couldn't care less who Colin Mcrae was and why should she? She's got *clutter* in her home that's no use to her, means nothing to her, it reminds her of her ex,, why shouldn't she sell the print?. She's found out it's worth a bit of money. The money for the print has already been paid for charity purchases, why should she conform to others passion for Colin?

The lesson is if one goes down that route of selling merchandise for charity purposes in the future is an agreement that the merchandise cannot be sold on for profit over the original purchase price. This means that they can sell it for what they paid for it (charity has already got their money), but should they sell for greater than purchase price, the difference is paid to the charity. Simple, as non compliance leaves them open to being sued for breach of contract.