Pics From Mcrae Gathering

Just this minute in the door!

All I can say is the whole event was superb from start to finish.

A HUGE amount of thanks and gratitude must go to Firstly Grant, Imy and Andy. Simply superb folks :)

Nobody can put in words what a well organised and utterly fantastic job you made of this event. One that made me and thousands of others very proud indeed.

Would also like to thank the other scottish scoobies folks Wilky, Nanaki, Dale and everyone else involved with the 2 days on the ground you should all be very proud!

Just couldnt believe the number of people on motorway bridges all the way from Lanark to Banbury! :D simply unbelieviable :D

A very special thanks also go out to GT for allowing me to ride shotgun and not destroy your motta :D

Not going to post my piccies tonight but will add a few tomorrow once i've had a few hours kip!

FANTASTIC!

Edited by Gus the Bus
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just in the door,exhausted ,elated and slightly deaf! unbelievable experience and couldnt have been more fitting tribute to the man.

huge thanks to all who made it possible,especially imy, grant and andy incredible job guys :) but also to all of us there,cant think of many other car communitys that could pull this off on such a scale and with no trouble.

should have some pics up later,including some unique ones from banbury that the other halfs brother took...

grant and i are still in Banbury, shattered, exhausted, hoar5e, sore feet and slightly chilled from being on the go and outdoors for 10 hours+ plus both on Sat and Sun.

i had no more than 3 hours sleep in the last 3 nights,

i never sat down yesterday

i never ate yesterday

i never got any shelter from the rain showers at all yesterday

i must have ran all over each venue - Lanark market, Banbury and Warwick - 3 times over

but its worth it

quick outline of the stuff we managed to do for the start of the weekend:

- Colin's L555BAT and Rothmans Legacy displayed at Lanark AND Warwick

- 2 out of 3 prototype 22Bs tracked down and displayed at Lanark - Colin's car and Nicky's car

top cars in Sunday convoy

- pace car - my STi RA V-Limited

- N1 WRC 1st car - driven by David Lapworth, passenger Jackie Irwin our fab Prodrive contact and star

- Roger Clark gobstopper - driven by Ollie Clark, passenger is winner of online auction

- Group N car - driven by VBH

- Essex Police interceptor - driven by Tissey, passenger is Chief Insp of Essex Police

people at Warwick on Sunday

- SWRT

- VBH and film crew from 5th gear

- Roger Clark

- scoobyclinic

- Karl Allen, the only authorised dealer of McRae Sport merchandise in the UK

- Andy Forrest

- Warwick and Essex Police

we smashed the World Record for largest car mosaic and were presented with our certificate yesterday

auction prize for SWRT member at Rally GB went for £2,200

signed polo shirt from people like Jimmy McRae, Petter, Mills, Atkinson, DC, Rossi, Loeb went for £600 [from memory]

Petters signed romper suit went for £700 [from memory]

Wilky was fantastic as auction master - "thats £100 from the guy at the back in the Subaru t-shirt" lol

still reeling and numb from the effort i've put in and the fact that this is over, will post more later

Edited by micra_wrc
well done to the organising team, pity wilky is blind as a bat as shouting/waving at him for t-shirt for next bid. hi-ho never got his attention before it was sold

I was looking at about 2000 people deiselhons, if you want to get noticed in amongst everyone dressed in similar clothes as yourself I suggest youmake more of an effort,

The sun wasnt out so I couldnt see it glinting off your skull :)

Callum W

Arrives at Lanark before 8 on Saturday and there was cars already there as well as the organisers and marshalls – massive :) to all involved, you did a fantastic job and should be very proud of what you achieved!

Moment of the day, amongst many, was Jimmy climbing aboard L555BAT and awakening it – my son now knows how he wants my car to sound!

All round a very emotional day but very much a celebration of Colin’s life.

Wish I could have done the whole weekend but was unable.

Here are some of my pics from Saturday, hope you enjoy.

Derek

SigFlagProDecalsLo.jpg

CMCLegacyLo.jpg

L555BATSideLo.jpg

Markand555Lo.jpg

Jimmyin555Lo.jpg

22BTwinsLo.jpg

WilkyWideboyLo.jpg

ImyConvoyLo.jpg

WhiteNewLo.jpg

WhiteHawkConvoyLo.jpg

WhiteBlobConvoyLo.jpg

WhiteBugCSConvoyLo.jpg

WhiteClassicJJUConvoyLo.jpg

it was a cracking weekend a fitting trubute to a great man

a big well done to all the organisers

i cant imagine what was going through jimmy's head after seeing everyone at the roadside leaving lanak and thenwatching all the cars go by onto the motorway i had a huge lump in my throat,shivers down my spine and a tear in my eye.

well done everyone im sure colin would be proud of us all

Great weekend, everyone seemed to have a great time, to give you an idea of how many cars were at Banbury it took 1 hour and 15 mins to clear all the car parks.

Wilky probably drew one of the biggest crowds when he played with the launch control, the crowd was 3-4 deep just to have a look.

Nice to meet and chat to so many SIDC members and other drivers.

Hats off to Grant, Imy and Andy, also Jackie and Ben at Prodrive for organising such an amazing event. To the marshalls that did the whole weekend, sterling job you should proud and for those of us conscripted Saturday night I think we got of lightly judge by how shattered Nanaki was by the end.

Like so may people asked yesterday when's the next one.........? :)

P.S. Thanks to St3ph3n and Nicola for the food.

Edited by STI Pretender

Top pics so far guys :D ,what can i say about the weekend?....unbelievable! you really had to be there to know what it was all about.As has been said already a massive thanks to all the organisers and companies involved in getting this together :) We got in about 00.45 am after a couple of stops,thank god i had today booked off from work.I'll have a look through my photos and stick a couple up later,the rest i'll put on my flickr page.

and fix your mudflap :D

got home at 0015 cruised home at a steady 65mph and fuel light came on after the M73 junction and that was from leaving the test track on 3/4 tank

ooops!,mudflap and n/s/r rear bumper clip,...thanks to the Prodrive guys in the workshop for giving me a couple of cable ties for a quick repair job. :) .